Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another heads up anyone traveling from the uk getting the free "breakfast" meal plan. It is infact a quick service credit and can be used at anytime. If you combine that with the tip above. You can get a full dinner and pudding using your free breakfast credit.

I'm looking at rates for Sept 2020 and preferred pool view (normally our pick) is over $200/night so i'm thinking about just doing regular pool view. Is the walk to food and the buses really that much longer/ Or would a preferred non pool view be better? I like to be able to run back and forth to the pool which is why i like the pool view.

I'm looking at rates for Sept 2020 and preferred pool view (normally our pick) is over $200/night so i'm thinking about just doing regular pool view. Is the walk to food and the buses really that much longer/ Or would a preferred non pool view be better? I like to be able to run back and forth to the pool which is why i like the pool view.
It depends on which pool you want to be close to. Preferred pool will face the Hippy Dippy pool while regular pool view will face either the Bowling Pin or Computer pool.

Preferred Rooms are closer to Classic Hall than the Standard Pool View Rooms are.

I just booked a room online for Pop Century for February 2020! It was such a thrill seeing those Mickey balloons go up my screen, hahaha. My question is -- there wasn't any area to make any special requests online. I have an idea of the specific buildings / floors I would prefer. Can they sometimes fill these requests at check-in? Or will I need to call to make a request like that?

EDITED to add that I see you can add that info on the online check-in screen. Done and done! I'm learning, I'm learning...

Last edited:
Hmmmm, such decisions lol i need to figure out what is more important...pool or classic hall closeness.

This might help...

Personally, we always choose closer to Classic Hall and the buses as that is the walk we make most often on our trip. On a 7 night trip we will walk to or from buses/Classic Hall approx 20 times a trip. We will only walk to a pool a couple of times.

Please note this map is the CURRENT room categories. I will be VERY surprised if Pop's categories don't change once the Skyliner opens so I can see some of the Standard Rooms changing to Preferred Rooms soon. But, that is just my opinion.

I just did an apples to apples comparison of our Sept 2019 trip to the identical trip for Sep 2020 and the increases are significant!!

Both trips are:
- Pop Century, Standard Room
- 2nd week of September. Saturday to the following Sunday.
- 7 day park tickets with park hopper
- 1 A, 1 C age 10/11
- DDP (I'm pricing it out as if FD will be offered as a BB this fall as that's what I've booked for the past 8 years. If they don't offer a FD BB my numbers will change even more)

2019 $2.676.65
2020 $3,057.02

A difference of $380.37 for the identical trip 1 year later! That's more than a 14% increase in one year!

Glad I know the numbers now and can budget accordingly. And....hope that FD is offered as a BB for 2020!! :)

We stayed in building 1 right in the corner by the 50s and 60s parking lot. Very short walk to get refills and to catch the bus. The view didn't matter to us like it would if we were at a deluxe or moderate.

Can anyone tell me about the blanket/comforter situation at Pop? From the pictures, it just looks like there are sheets on the bed, but no blankets? Or, is it just a really thin blanket? Is the bedding the same on the regular bed, and the murphy bed? Thanks!

I just did an apples to apples comparison of our Sept 2019 trip to the identical trip for Sep 2020 and the increases are significant!!

Both trips are:
- 1 A, 1 C age 10/11
- DDP (I'm pricing it out as if FD will be offered as a BB this fall as that's what I've booked for the past 8 years. If they don't offer a FD BB my numbers will change even more)

2019 $2.676.65
2020 $3,057.02

A difference of $380.37 for the identical trip 1 year later! That's more than a 14% increase in one year!

Glad I know the numbers now and can budget accordingly. And....hope that FD is offered as a BB for 2020!! :)

Yikes, that is a big increase for the year. I am trying to do the same time as we did last year but I can't get in to check prices. We are looking at Nov 28th - Dec 7th, I guess that is because it is to far away is it under 499 days that you can book?

I'll be there this August and was hoping to book a bounce back for next year (free dining maybe?). So I got the prices... wow. Of course my kid changing from 9 to 10 doesn't help, that adds an additional $225 for tickets and QSDP. Maybe I will take 2020 off...

Can anyone tell me about the blanket/comforter situation at Pop? From the pictures, it just looks like there are sheets on the bed, but no blankets? Or, is it just a really thin blanket? Is the bedding the same on the regular bed, and the murphy bed? Thanks!

It's a thin blanket. Beds are identical linens. I left a note for housekeeping requesting an extra blanket and they left 2 for me.

Both trips are:
- 1 A, 1 C age 10/11

2019 $2.676.65
2020 $3,057.02

So anyone book for 2020 today? Luckily we booked room only a few months ago - my price today would have a $384 increase for same dates!

Reading Epcot Resorts and Gondola resorts seemed to have had biggest increases, but it's hard to tell if it's only certain months or across the board.

UPDATE: I just realized that Labour Day is changing things a bit so the dates I originally priced out were not correct. Sadly when I compare going starting the first weekend after Labour Day in 2019 to 2020 my increase is over 18% higher!!!

2019 $2.676.65
2020 $3,164.67 😭😭😭

Out of curiosity I priced out the same trip staying at All Star Movies and it would be about $325 less than staying at Pop.

Last edited:
Yikes, that is a big increase for the year. I am trying to do the same time as we did last year but I can't get in to check prices. We are looking at Nov 28th - Dec 7th, I guess that is because it is to far away is it under 499 days that you can book?

2020 package prices were released today so you should be able to see those prices. Could be some problems with the system since so many are booking or checking prices today.

Edited: I know I was able to see December prices earlier today but just checked again and rooms show unavailable. Is it correct that all of 2020 is bookable as of today?

Last edited:
I was checking next year's prices against this year's as well.

We're booking a 6 night stay for 2 adults and 2 kids, with 6 days of park hopper plus and memory maker. For 2019 (Late Aug. into Sept., checking out on the Sat. before Labor Day) our total would be $3191.74. For the same week in 2020 it's $3398.54. I was actually relieved that the increase wasn't any more! You never know, and with both SWGE & the Skyliner, I was nervous!

(Oh, and apparently the parking is going up $2.00 per night at the resort as well, so that's another $12.00 increase, LOL. )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter