Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone know if there are any king bed rooms with tubs now after the renovation?

I just checked on this thread and only a few kings have been reported so far but they all have showers. It's still possible that there are some kings with tubs -- they may just be very rare. I also wouldn't be surprised if they all have showers as Disney probably assumes that it will be adults using those rooms and that most adults prefer a walk-in shower rather than a tub.

If you don't put the yellow luggage tags on your baggage you will claim it at the Orlando airport and bring it with you on DME.

Our rule of thumb is that if we land at 5pm or later, we definitely bring our luggage with us ourselves and sometimes even if we land after 4pm we take our luggage with us.

DME says that they should get your luggage to your room 3 hours after you arrive at Pop but there is also no guarantee. I estimate 2 hours from landing until we get to Pop. (It often doesn't take that long but it has taken 2 hours more than once.) Add 3 hours to that for luggage delivery. Personally, I don't want our luggage arriving at 10pm (or later). By that time on a travel day I want to be heading to bed, not starting to unpack suitcases.

As with many things, this is personal choice though. Other families may not pack 2 huge suitcases for 2 people. :rolleyes1
Yeah, I'm not getting there until after 7 p.m. I've just never seen anyone put luggage on the bus. I'm going to bring my bag with me so I'll have my stuff. Not going to any park on the first night, want to get to bed early so I can do Xtra magic hours in the morning, if they don't change them. I've read Disney can and will change park hours etc. pretty last minute.

I'm excited about POP this time for two reasons. I've never stayed in one of their reburbed rooms, and the Gondola's. I do hope they are running the extra hour early for the xtra magic hours as posted.

Will look forward to your thoughts.
Will be happy to share but sadly we're not back for another 9 months so hopefully others will share their experiences first.
Yeah, I'm not getting there until after 7 p.m. I've just never seen anyone put luggage on the bus. I'm going to bring my bag with me so I'll have my stuff. Not going to any park on the first night, want to get to bed early so I can do Xtra magic hours in the morning, if they don't change them. I've read Disney can and will change park hours etc. pretty last minute.
We haven't done it often as I tend to book flights earlier in the day but the couple of times we've taken our luggage with us it's been no problem at all. When you approach the bus you'll leave all your luggage at the same place others are leaving their carry-on luggage and strollers. The driver will ask which resort you're staying at and pack your luggage in the appropriate storage area under the bus.

Will be happy to share but sadly we're not back for another 9 months so hopefully others will share their experiences first.
We haven't done it often as I tend to book flights earlier in the day but the couple of times we've taken our luggage with us it's been no problem at all. When you approach the bus you'll leave all your luggage at the same place others are leaving their carry-on luggage and strollers. The driver will ask which resort you're staying at and pack your luggage in the appropriate storage area under the bus.
:thanks:

As Brits we don’t get the yellow tags because we have to claim our bags and go through customs. So the majority of us take our luggage on the bus. There is a way to give them our claim slips and they’ll collect them from the second carousel (we can put our luggage on a carousel after immigration and it sends it to the main terminal while we get the monorail), but I don’t like the idea of it all just hanging out there. We take it all the way through by ourselves if we can.

So there are plenty who do take their luggage. The drivers don’t even think twice.

As Brits we don’t get the yellow tags because we have to claim our bags and go through customs. So the majority of us take our luggage on the bus. There is a way to give them our claim slips and they’ll collect them from the second carousel (we can put our luggage on a carousel after immigration and it sends it to the main terminal while we get the monorail), but I don’t like the idea of it all just hanging out there. We take it all the way through by ourselves if we can.

So there are plenty who do take their luggage. The drivers don’t even think twice.
We always get our own luggage too.

I have a magic band so won't be going to the check in next year, that will be my fourth visit to pop century. I like the new rooms and leave the Murphy bed up because there is only me.

I’m hoping we’ll see the early openings at HS while we’re there Xmas-NY week. If we want to be at HS early, let’s say 6:30am, but the official opening is 8am, what time will buses start running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!