Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were on the ground floor in 12/2018 and had no problems with noise from above. Our next door neighbors letting their doors slam shut repeatedly early in the morning was annoying, though.

Hi everyone. We have a group of 10 of us in three rooms. One will be using a mobility scooter. We'll also have a stroller. We want to be sure we're at DHS plenty early on 2/5 to make sure we get a boarding group for RotR. DHS opens at 8:00 that day. Is our best bet to take a bus? If the first bus comes at 7:15 (45 mins before park opens), will this be enough time to get through security and the tapstiles considering the mobility scooter, stroller and large group? Are there better options?

From all I've been reading, you should be at the park an hour before opening. So consider how long it will take you to get to the park. Also, the times for park opening seems to change quite frequently, so keep checking MDE for times, so you can adjust your plans if needed.

Hi everyone. We have a group of 10 of us in three rooms. One will be using a mobility scooter. We'll also have a stroller. We want to be sure we're at DHS plenty early on 2/5 to make sure we get a boarding group for RotR. DHS opens at 8:00 that day. Is our best bet to take a bus? If the first bus comes at 7:15 (45 mins before park opens), will this be enough time to get through security and the tapstiles considering the mobility scooter, stroller and large group? Are there better options?
Buses will start much earlier than 7:15. Personally I would be at the bus no later than 6:45 and possibly even earlier as you will have a scooter. Buses can only accommodate a max of 2 scooters so there are times when we’ve had to wait for a second and very rarely a third bus.

For an 8am opening, I’d be at the bus stop by 6:30am at the latest, maybe even a bit earlier, if you have a scooter.

Post-refurbishment at Pop, how is the noise from above for floors 1-3? We usually like ground floor rooms, but if the noise from above seems bad now that carpet is gone, we will request 4th floor.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how to search for this, as I'm sure it's been asked and answered many times before.

we have stayed a total of4 weeks post refurb and never had a problem with noise above us. All nights were first floor. One exception - 1 day we were in the room for an afternoon nap and someone was bouncing a ball in the room above us. That was kind of loud but we never noticed any noise otherwise (at least anything that we can remember )

Post-refurbishment at Pop, how is the noise from above for floors 1-3? We usually like ground floor rooms, but if the noise from above seems bad now that carpet is gone, we will request 4th floor.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how to search for this, as I'm sure it's been asked and answered many times before.

Personally, I have had much more noise in rooms with connecting doors than from overhead rooms. I have had many stays on all different floors since the renovation and the only noise was in a room with a connecting door.

Personally, I have had much more noise in rooms with connecting doors than from overhead rooms. I have had many stays on all different floors since the renovation and the only noise was in a room with a connecting door.

i agree with this.Last trip the one room request that wasn’t met was they gave us a connecting door - we found rolling a towel and putting it along the bottom of the door really did decrease the sound significantly- to the point it no longer bothered us

I prefer a ground floor room in WDW, just due to all the walking in the parks during the day. I’ve never had a noise issue with a ground floor room.

I was woken up out of a sound sleep with very loud water pipe noises coming from the wall the bed is against. That was a 3rd floor room in the 70’s section right after the reno. Sounded like everyone above me was taking a shower and flushing a toilet at the same time! :)

Aside from that one incident, I’ve never had a problem. What bothers me is how gross the floor gets throughout our stay. It sounds crazy that people bring Swifters, but I get it now!

Sounded like everyone above me was taking a shower and flushing a toilet at the same time! :)
That's weird. All the pipes are in the walls shared by the bathrooms - where the tubs, toilets, and sinks back up to each other.the

One tip I read suggests keeping the doors closed, which muffled the flushing and running water noises.

I prefer a ground floor room in WDW, just due to all the walking in the parks during the day. I’ve never had a noise issue with a ground floor room.

I was woken up out of a sound sleep with very loud water pipe noises coming from the wall the bed is against. That was a 3rd floor room in the 70’s section right after the reno. Sounded like everyone above me was taking a shower and flushing a toilet at the same time! :)

Aside from that one incident, I’ve never had a problem. What bothers me is how gross the floor gets throughout our stay. It sounds crazy that people bring Swifters, but I get it now!
Is there a chance you were on the end room? I'm wondering if possibly they were power-washing the outside walls, post refurbishment? As @kaytieeldr shared, the plumbing pipes run in the restroom and sink area walls, not anywhere near the beds.

That is my main complaint about Pop, the sound of jet toilets flushing (that and the thin, non-insulated walls). The toilets are loud and very noticeable, especially at night.

We had ground floor last September in the 50’s, building 2, and didn’t notice any noise from above.

Got here tonight. Requested a room in either the 50's or 60's. We got a room in the 90's furthest away from where we wanted. We are moving tomorrow to a closer room. We just have to bring our luggage over to the concierge to hold until the new room is ready. It's a bit of a pain because we couldn't unpack all our stuff, but well worth the room change. Also, my roommate hit his leg on the corner of the murphy bed twice. Someone else on this site warned of this. I forgot to tell him until after he hit it...LOL!

What is the construction happening just outside of the luggage area and just left of the hotel facing the food court ?

Seeking opinions. We arrive at MCO 9:40AM 3/4, taking ME to Pop. We are going straight to the park once there, minus my mom who will be staying at the resort. Having our rooms ready isn't our highest priority, she can do other things until ready, but it would be a nice bonus. The problem is we have requested connecting rooms (aware not guaranteed), we are getting there before official check in time, and we want to request building 60s or 70s. Should we request 2 specific rooms through the TP room request fax, or would this decrease our chances of having as many of the above requests met? The other option would be to just do the standard online check in request of those buildings and our arrival time and hope for the best.

This has been asked before, but I wanted to just verify the process if we opt out of mousekeeping, because my husband seems very nervous about doing that, lol. I'm more environmentally cautious and don't like it when I'm staying at a hotel and they replace everything every day even when they have signs saying they won't replace towels if you hang them up -- they still usually do. So I think opting out is great, but my husband is concerned about never getting new towels. So a couple of questions:

1) I know you can call down to the front desk or whatever to get more, but what do you do with the old ones?

2) Will they come at any time of day? There is only one day we'll be in the hotel for a couple hours in the middle of the day. I would feel bad calling at 9-10pm or 5-6am.

1. We usually put them in a laundry bag and provided it to the housekeeper who came to drop off towels and they were more than happy to take it from us

2. You can call houskeeping 24/7 for fresh towels, soap, toiletries etc. We called them as early as 4 am and as late as 1am and each and every time they were there with towels within 5-10 mins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter