Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know I made requests but I can’t find them on MDE. Where are they located? When I click on the reservation there’s nothing there to indicate any requests.

Well I know I made requests but I can’t find them on MDE. Where are they located? When I click on the reservation there’s nothing there to indicate any requests.
If you find a link that says “modify my check-in” you should be able to see if your requests are still there

I'm late posting this, but wanted to add my MK bus experience from Pop on 9/22. Thanks to this board, my daughter and I were out quite early and first in line for buses. People started getting in line about 6:45 and it grew steadily. The first buses (for MK and for AK) showed up together at 7:50AM. The bus attendant immediately jumped on the bus and looked like he was arguing with the bus driver. I knew something was up. Bus driver got off and came and talked to me. He said they are telling him they can't drop off at MK until 8:30. He said the buses were dispatched so he didn't understand. After a few minutes, they let us get on and he told the passengers that we would have to take the scenic route and drop off at 8:30. I was fine with that as it knew it would give us the extra time we wanted. So he took the long way. We arrived at 8:25 and I could see the stream of buses leaving so I knew others were dropping off earlier. Either way, it was perfect for us. We were off of Big Thunder before 9AM and got plenty of pictures on the way in. Day went pretty well, but I would have liked a 7pm close.

Thanks to everyone here that posted their experiences and allowed us to start the day off well.

I wrote to the WDW GM for Pop Century this morning to ask about the changes to MDE and standard rooms no longer appearing as an option for the 60's section. In my email I asked if the 60's building has possibly been changed to all Preferred rooms?

I just received a call from a CM. I was told that they still have standard rooms in all buildings. She is not sure why the 60's, 80's and 90's are no longer appearing as an option on the MDE website. She took down details and is going to contact IT. I mentioned that at least 5 people on this thread have noticed since last evening that their check-in information that was previously entered is no longer visible on MDE. She included that information in her email to IT.

She also mentioned that someone else had contacted her earlier today about their missing information on MDE and when they looked it is still visible on Disney's side. It's up to each person but, if you would like to request 60's you may wish to call in to request it or, if you checked in online previously and your info is now missing, you may wish to call and see if it's still there but just not visible to you?

She was able to add information to my trip next year and add our request for the 60's section.

Hope this is helpful.

She also mentioned that someone else had contacted her earlier today about their missing information on MDE and when they looked it is still visible on Disney's side. It's up to each person but, if you would like to request 60's you may wish to call in to request it or, if you checked in online previously and your info is now missing, you may wish to call and see if it's still there but just not visible to you?

She was able to add information to my trip next year and add our request for the 60's section.

Hope this is helpful.

Good Golly, you are the BEST for reaching out to Disney about this. Do you know which number I should call? I definitely prefer 60s over 70s and that is what I updated my request to since I didn't have a choice. Thank you, @scrappinginontario !

Good Golly, you are the BEST for reaching out to Disney about this. Do you know which number I should call? I definitely prefer 60s over 70s and that is what I updated my request to since I didn't have a choice. Thank you, @scrappinginontario !
You're so welcome! I'm preparing to start a new Pop thread so wanted to ensure I had the most up to date info I could find.

I would recommend calling the regular 1-407-WDISNEY number to update your room requests. That's what I've done in the past and had great success using that number for room requests.

I've stayed at Pop twice before, but never bothered with the microwaves in the food court. I know those are gone for now anyways, just curious if they allow guests to bring their own to the room? I'd understand if the answer is no, just wondering if anyone knows for sure?
For our trip a few weeks ago our TA requested a microwave for us and the cast member said no problem and that if it wasn’t there when we got there just let them know.....
we ultimately decided to bring our air fryer just in case we couldn’t get the microwave we knew we would be bringing a lot of food back to our room and we just did not want to eat cold food...... so I didn’t want to take the chance, and as it turned out they did not have one in there when we got there anyways
They came in and cleaned a couple of times and no one said anything about the air fryer being in there so I assumed it was OK

That would explain the removal of the 60s from the preferences but the 80s and 90s were also missing. I know some of them are pool view rooms but a good number are just standard rooms.
Probably no or few people request those sections :)

Regarding bringing one's own cooking appliances: please, pretty please, confirm directly with the resort whether this is allowed. Even if it is, consider your neighbors.

Does anyone know when final payment is due now? When I modified our reservation a while back they told me final payment wasn’t due until a week before the reservation date. I just modified again and was told 30 days.

I've stayed at Pop twice before, but never bothered with the microwaves in the food court. I know those are gone for now anyways, just curious if they allow guests to bring their own to the room? I'd understand if the answer is no, just wondering if anyone knows for sure?
For our trip a few weeks ago our TA requested a microwave for us and the cast member said no problem and that if it wasn’t there when we got there just let them know.....
we ultimately decided to bring our air fryer just in case we couldn’t get the microwave we knew we would be bringing a lot of food back to our room and we just did not want to eat cold food...... so I didn’t want to take the chance, and as it turned out they did not have one in there when we got there anyways
They came in and cleaned a couple of times and no one said anything about the air fryer being in there so I assumed it was OK
Probably no or few people request those sections :)

Regarding bringing one's own cooking appliances: please, pretty please, confirm directly with the resort whether this is allowed. Even if it is, consider your neighbors.
Regarding microwaves and other electrical appliances in rooms, as anticipated, any cooking apparatus such as microwaves, etc are NOT ALLOWED to be brought into rooms as they are a fire hazard.

Here is a link to the answer to my question from Disney: https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...rowave-oven-pop-century-food-court-no-435353/

Please be safe for the sake of your family as well as others around you.

Unreliable cast members strike again....sorry for sharing their false info......heres hoping the future wouldn’t warrant even thinking about such situations again!

Definitely some good tips on lining up early for the skyliner. We are about 40 days out from our trip and will be very disappointed if we don't get a boarding group for rise of the resistance. We are at DL last Christmas like right before it opened there. Sounds like we need to get inline BEFORE 8am.

The hard part will be getting the wife and kid out of bed early enough! But definitely some good tips here.

T
Unreliable cast members strike again....sorry for sharing their false info......heres hoping the future wouldn’t warrant even thinking about such situations again!
The Cast Members you talk to on the phone may be in Florida, or as far away as Nevada! They may or may not have ever been to WDW, and if they're in the Disney area, probably never stayed at the Resort.

The Cast Members you talk to on the phone may be in Florida, or as far away as Nevada! They may or may not have ever been to WDW, and if they're in the Disney area, probably never stayed at the Resort.

I don’t disagree with that
Been enough On these boards we all know that you can’t believe everything cast member say for sure

I did however try to find the information on Disney World’s website and could not, so they don’t make it easily accessible to find the info. Also looked at all the emails I was sent after booking reservation confirmations etc. and could find nothing even in the fine print. And my TA also said she could find nothing saying otherwise. Because of all of this and what the cast member said I have to admit I am rather surprised

If you find a link that says “modify my check-in” you should be able to see if your requests are still there
Ok thanks. I couldn’t find that on MDE yesterday. So I logged in to my Disney account and it was there. I have a preferred room and the only choices given to me for preferences were 50s, 70s, high floor, ground floor, and King bed. Is that right? Or should I have more choices? And if those were your choices, what would you pick?
Oh, and it will just be me and my 14yo daughter. Do you still get a Murphy bed with a king bed choice? If she wanted the Murphy?

I’ve never been to the Pop before so I’m not sure where I’d prefer although I would like to be fairly close to wherever skyliner picks up or not too far from the busses. Or close to the parking lot if we decide to get a rental car. I may have to since we’re flying into SFB and my 14yo is often hard to get up in the am so not sure I want to stand in a line for 2 hours to ride the sky. It’ll be hard enough to get her up and to the parks on time. Might be easier just to take the car to most parks and ride the skyliner for fun as we are able.

Oh, and today MDE did show update check in, which had my preferences option. I either missed it yesterday or there was a glitch and it was not there. Oh well. Found it. TIA for any tips.

Ok thanks. I couldn’t find that on MDE yesterday. So I logged in to my Disney account and it was there. I have a preferred room and the only choices given to me for preferences were 50s, 70s, high floor, ground floor, and King bed. Is that right? Or should I have more choices? And if those were your choices, what would you pick?
Oh, and it will just be me and my 14yo daughter. Do you still get a Murphy bed with a king bed choice? If she wanted the Murphy?

I’ve never been to the Pop before so I’m not sure where I’d prefer although I would like to be fairly close to wherever skyliner picks up or not too far from the busses. Or close to the parking lot if we decide to get a rental car. I may have to since we’re flying into SFB and my 14yo is often hard to get up in the am so not sure I want to stand in a line for 2 hours to ride the sky. It’ll be hard enough to get her up and to the parks on time. Might be easier just to take the car to most parks and ride the skyliner for fun as we are able.

Oh, and today MDE did show update check in, which had my preferences option. I either missed it yesterday or there was a glitch and it was not there. Oh well. Found it. TIA for any tips.
The limited room request options shown to us seem to be an error, I was able to call Disney and get 60s building requested with no problem.

We will need a crib for our baby for our stay at Pop century in November. Should I call now to request one or will I have no issues requesting one when we arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts