Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We have been staying POFQ for the past 10 years and this year is the first time they aren't available for our October dates. Checked Disney website, only Riverside. Looked on Virgin holidays and they had it but we faffed around that much that a week later it had gone.
CBR has so much construction that I wouldn't even consider it. It is way cheaper on UK site than POFQ, and I know that we will be at the parks during the day, but it's not a resort that has ever appealed to me.

Construction was why I ruled out CBR as well. I stayed at CS once and while it was nice it was sooo spread out (and sold out for our dates this time- cheerleaders). Hoping my family likes the size of POFQ better. Last two trips we snagged comparable rates at the Dolphin but that doesn't look like it will happen this year. Early trips to WDW we stayed Deluxe because we only needed 1 room but with young adult children we really need 2.

They refurbished the eating area in July 2016 so we were pleasantly surprised by the food changes. They have cold snacks and nibbles and a better choice of healthier breakfast items.The rooms have a fridge in the cabinet unit so handy to store supplies in. Sorry don't know water prices but over in the resort shop they do have the larger water containers, the gallon type, but these may take up too much room in fridge.

Thank you for this info, makes me feel better about staying there. Still undecided if we will use towncar with grocery stop or Magical Express. Really not into the 4 hours prior to flight departure thing :faint:

Thank you for this info, makes me feel better about staying there. Still undecided if we will use towncar with grocery stop or Magical Express. Really not into the 4 hours prior to flight departure thing :faint:

That's ending January 11th.

Just checked out from 3 nights in 4301. While we loved our location it was the first stay, in all our nights on property, that had problems. Not awful but so surprising

We lacked hot water each morning and we had problems with water pressure. Also had issues with the heat. I've never had a room that couldn't keep up with hot water so I was shocked. We manged luke warm showers. We let them know at check out so they could check the room since it was so unusual

Just checked out from 3 nights in 4301. While we loved our location it was the first stay, in all our nights on property, that had problems. Not awful but so surprising

We lacked hot water each morning and we had problems with water pressure. Also had issues with the heat. I've never had a room that couldn't keep up with hot water so I was shocked. We manged luke warm showers. We let them know at check out so they could check the room since it was so unusual
We experienced the same in building two, but it was only our second stay at a Disney hotel so I figured it was normal. The pressure and temperature seemed to be better during the "off" times when others weren't sharing.

We experienced the same in building two, but it was only our second stay at a Disney hotel so I figured it was normal. The pressure and temperature seemed to be better during the "off" times when others weren't sharing.
It isn't normal in my opinion. We've had over 1000 nights on property and never experienced that. I've even stayed in that building before, though not that room

Also, we don't rope drop, we weren't going to parks till like 10:30 each day so it wasn't even peak times, or so I'd thought

We have been staying POFQ for the past 10 years and this year is the first time they aren't available for our October dates. Checked Disney website, only Riverside. Looked on Virgin holidays and they had it but we faffed around that much that a week later it had gone.
CBR has so much construction that I wouldn't even consider it. It is way cheaper on UK site than POFQ, and I know that we will be at the parks during the day, but it's not a resort that has ever appealed to me.

We are in Orlando at the moment and have just spent 5 nights at POFQ (now in a villa). Just loved it - location, compact resort - would highly recommend! When I looked to book this in October I couldn't get any availability at POFQ from anyone in the UK (including Disney) and was being offered CBR, AKL etc. DD was just back and said that the ongoing construction at CBR just made the place a nightmare. I ended up going through a US travel agent who was able to get me a room in POFQ for the 5 nights we wanted. I would try your dates with someone like Dreams Unlimited (who we booked with). They were very helpful and everything worked out perfectly.

We have been staying there for the past 10 years and you will not be disappointed. In fact last July we did a split stay for the first time, week at POFQ and a week at Universal's deluxe Portofino Bay. Now we did enjoy staying there, cc didn't. But for our last full day we got a cab to TTC, boat over to MK, later a resort bus to POFQ as we wanted to take the boat to DS. As we got off the bus and headed to the boat, I had a feeling of coming home.
Unfortunately we can't stay there in October as it is so popular that there is no availability no matter how we work our dates.

I just went through the whole month of October, and POFQ popped up with availability. I did Sat to Sat starting Sep.29, going to Nov. 3 week by week. This was the US site, no discounts.

Funny. We experienced the same thing in 1103. Due to my mom's disability, we had a handicap accessible room. I found that the handheld shower in our room provided better pressure and hotter water. Overall we enjoyed our stay. Sadly we really didny get pixie dust on our request of being closer to the foodcourt/lobby, but we did get accessible accommodations.

I need help! I am currently at POFQ in Building 2 and freaking out. We are in an adjoining room and can hear every thing our neighbours are doing. I want to stress that I don’t think they are necessarily doing anything wrong - they have a baby and babies cry. They are talking but not yelling. One of them appears to be taking a call outside and I just asked if she could keep it down and she waved me off. But I cannot sleep and this has been going on since 9pm. We are here for the marathon and I need to be up at 3am for the next four days. I picked this resort because everyone says it is so quiet and I am going insane. What can I do besides ask to be moved tomorrow? I am wondering if they will have any place to put us with the holidays and races and I know the resort was full. I want to cry right now.

That is why my only request is to not be in a connecting room (at any hotel). Last WDW trip, they assigned us a connecting room in spite of my fax and note on the reservation and I refused it. Dh thought I was being picky but I am the voice of experience and I KNOW what I have heard coming through from the next room and don't want to listen to that again, especially at 3:00 a.m.! Babies cry, I get that. People talk on phones, I get that too. But I am paying for a room to sleep in, and I have a reasonable expectation of getting that too. We ended up with an awesome room that trip, but it took two hours for them to find us a room.

I wonder if the HVAC couldn't keep up with the "heat" demands from the cold spell down there (or has that passed?). Elsa took control of the northeast like 3 weeks ago, so I have no concept about what weather is like outside of Arendelle (which apparently extends down to the FL/GA border)

I wonder if the HVAC couldn't keep up with the "heat" demands from the cold spell down there (or has that passed?). Elsa took control of the northeast like 3 weeks ago, so I have no concept about what weather is like outside of Arendelle (which apparently extends down to the FL/GA border)
No, it was something else. It was cold, but we've been there when it was cold before and this wasn't the problem. They can keep up, in our experience.
This was odd. Most of the time it was comfy cozy in the room. Each morning, we'd get up and ready and about the time we were leaving, the system had switched to cold air, even though the thermostat was still set for the proper temps. Like yesterday morning, we had it set on 69, the temp in the room was reading 68/69 and the cold air switched on as we were packing up and the temps started to drop in the room.

No, it was something else. It was cold, but we've been there when it was cold before and this wasn't the problem. They can keep up, in our experience.
This was odd. Most of the time it was comfy cozy in the room. Each morning, we'd get up and ready and about the time we were leaving, the system had switched to cold air, even though the thermostat was still set for the proper temps. Like yesterday morning, we had it set on 69, the temp in the room was reading 68/69 and the cold air switched on as we were packing up and the temps started to drop in the room.

Yeah that is strange

I got the impression the thermostat/system was malfunctioning in some manner and they just needed to take a look at it. Hopefully they checked it out before someone else checked in the room.

We are in Orlando at the moment and have just spent 5 nights at POFQ (now in a villa). Just loved it - location, compact resort - would highly recommend! When I looked to book this in October I couldn't get any availability at POFQ from anyone in the UK (including Disney) and was being offered CBR, AKL etc. DD was just back and said that the ongoing construction at CBR just made the place a nightmare. I ended up going through a US travel agent who was able to get me a room in POFQ for the 5 nights we wanted. I would try your dates with someone like Dreams Unlimited (who we booked with). They were very helpful and everything worked out perfectly.
Thanks for that. Still looking. We have a week in October booked at OKW, booked it last July when we came back and managed to get free dining, had to wait till it was 330 days out before we got confirmation as its DVC. We were lucky on Disney website as all they have left now is the 3 bed villas at eyewatering prices. Reason we are undecided is we booked Saturday to Saturday, still to do flights, but flying with Virgin on a Tuesday is at least £500 cheaper. Had looked at Glasgow direct but again silly money.

I forgot to update: I went to the front desk early the next morning and they moved us to Building 5 with no problems (I kept my late check out too). Still in an adjoining room, but have had no problems with the new neighbours whatsoever. Overall very happy with POFQ!

I must admit I've always thought the volume of the neighbours was a bigger issue than whether you have a connecting door. There are two separated pretty heavy doors between the rooms, which I think gives very close to the same sound insulation properties as the walls - so if you've got noisy neighbours it might not be just the connecting doors that are to blame, it might be coming through the wall too.

Andre

I must admit I've always thought the volume of the neighbours was a bigger issue than whether you have a connecting door. There are two separated pretty heavy doors between the rooms, which I think gives very close to the same sound insulation properties as the walls - so if you've got noisy neighbours it might not be just the connecting doors that are to blame, it might be coming through the wall too.

Andre
Same here. Connecting doors, in all my years of experience, have nothing to do with hearing, or not hearing, neighbors. That's just the neighbors themselves. You are going to hear them if they are loud enough, no matter what type of room you have. And won't if they aren't

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter