Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

For those who have taken the bus to Morning EMH at AK what times do the buses pick up? We want to be at AK at 7:45 am. What time should we get to the bus stop? I thought about us getting on the bus at 7:15 but I'm not sure one will arrive around that time.

Last year we got there just before 7 and caught the 7am bus. We did get there before 7:45 but I wouldn’t have wanted to be much later based on crowds waiting, and that was before Pandora. It also gives you a cushion of you miss the bus

Last edited:

Last year we got there just before 7 and caught the 7am bus. We did get there before 7:45 but I wouldn’t have wanted to be much later based on crowds waiting, and that was before Pandora. It also gives you a cushion of you miss the bus
Ok thank you

This is our first trip to FQ- will we be disappointed if we don't get one of the renovated rooms?

Hello!
I know they must exist in this thread but I’ve been going through and can’t find any pics of the renovated rooms. Does anyone have any to show? Or know which page to find them?
Thank you!

This is our first trip to FQ- will we be disappointed if we don't get one of the renovated rooms?

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the older style rooms at all. The vibe is pretty much the same, as well as the overall decor. The change is not nearly as drastic as what they did at Pop Century where the rooms are really different.

Heading "home" to POFQ this week (Mar 15) for a quick long weekend. Thanks for the bus info which will be helpful for our AK day. We have a FOP FP for early evening but I'd like to ride Navi so I'm guessing rope drop will be my best option for that.

Hoping for a refurbed room. Is it worth sending a fax tomorrow morning?

Just returned home late last night from a 7 night stay in POFQ. We requested two rooms (Standard) ground floor, in Bldg 4, and that's what we got - 4111 and 4112 - not connecting but next to each other. Very few Standard connecting rooms in building 4. Since these room have not yet been updated, I pulled out my trusty black light before we unpacked to take a look at the carpet - (a recent stay at Beach Club had a really gross carpet!!!). They must have recently shampooed these, though, as there were NO signs of spills, (or worse) - squeaky clean. We always wipe down remote, phone, door knobs, etc. when we first get there, but our little clorox wipes showed no signs of any soiling.

Loved the location as I was in a scooter (sorry if I crashed into anyone while there...it took a few tries before I got very good at all with loading and unloading on the bus!) All the CMs were great, especially the bus drivers who helped me with the scooter (with one exception - and I will be sending a not to Guest Relations regarding that one).

Food court was good - not great - but we never really ate a whole meal there. I highly recommend the Power Salad, which the four of us shared along with a small pizza and beignets....

We had a great trip - chillier than we expected, but sunny all week. Hard to come back to Minnesota after all that sunshine, but what can you do other than to immediately start planning the next trip.

BTW...I never found any bounce back offer in the literature in the rooms....I know I could have called, but I'm not anticipating any more trips this year so I didn't take the time to do that....

I'd be happy to answer any questions, especially about using a scooter - I had recent knee surgery and knew that I could never be able to handle Disney with it!. So for a rookie, it was a blessing but a challenge at times - especially when people would dash in front of me, or worse yet push their kids in my path.... I'll never understand the crowd mentality!

I agree. Apart from a couple of nice touches such as the handy USB sockets, make-up/shaving mirror, larger safe, and space under the beds to store cases, I think I prefer the old room decor to be honest.

Andre
I agree...I don't mind the un-refurbed rooms at all, except for the precious few outlets, and I'm glad we brought along our own octopus plug ins with USB ports... Also, due to the scooter needing to be plugged in every night, we had to move the table and chairs across to behind the door so I could plug into the one and only outlet by the TV/Coffee Pot - had to use another multi-outlet plugin we had brought along...

Just returned home late last night from a 7 night stay in POFQ. We requested two rooms (Standard) ground floor, in Bldg 4, and that's what we got - 4111 and 4112 - not connecting but next to each other. Very few Standard connecting rooms in building 4. Since these room have not yet been updated, I pulled out my trusty black light before we unpacked to take a look at the carpet - (a recent stay at Beach Club had a really gross carpet!!!). They must have recently shampooed these, though, as there were NO signs of spills, (or worse) - squeaky clean. We always wipe down remote, phone, door knobs, etc. when we first get there, but our little clorox wipes showed no signs of any soiling.

Loved the location as I was in a scooter (sorry if I crashed into anyone while there...it took a few tries before I got very good at all with loading and unloading on the bus!) All the CMs were great, especially the bus drivers who helped me with the scooter (with one exception - and I will be sending a not to Guest Relations regarding that one).

Food court was good - not great - but we never really ate a whole meal there. I highly recommend the Power Salad, which the four of us shared along with a small pizza and beignets....

We had a great trip - chillier than we expected, but sunny all week. Hard to come back to Minnesota after all that sunshine, but what can you do other than to immediately start planning the next trip.

BTW...I never found any bounce back offer in the literature in the rooms....I know I could have called, but I'm not anticipating any more trips this year so I didn't take the time to do that....

I'd be happy to answer any questions, especially about using a scooter - I had recent knee surgery and knew that I could never be able to handle Disney with it!. So for a rookie, it was a blessing but a challenge at times - especially when people would dash in front of me, or worse yet push their kids in my path.... I'll never understand the crowd mentality!
My mom used a scooter during our trip and said the same thing. She was also surprised how often people just walked in front of the scooter at night!

I just finalized plans to go back home with my DBFF in 227 days! I haven't been in 5 years and he hasn't been in over twenty so I'm super excited. It's my first time staying at Port Orleans too. It felt like it was worth spending the additional money to upgrade from a value resort! :flower1:

Oh and could anyone tell me roughly how long the bus trips are to the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom from Port Orleans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts