Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We are less than a month to arrival at POFQ; a last minute "girls only" adventure! :)

I can't wait to be home again; I have become so spoiled by POFQ that (aside from WL) I don't really want to come to WDW if I can't book in there! I know that all of the other Disney Resorts are *beautiful* and each one has something unique and wonderful... but POFQ captured my heart from the very first moment. We haven't been back since the room renos have been complete, so I am looking forward to a fresh new room to go with my fresh new start!

This is my celebration trip - I "graduated" from PT after a horrifying accident at the first of the year (multiple broken bones, and months and months of rehab) and we had to cancel our January trip because I was so badly injured.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
Who Dat?! :jester:

Sorry to hear about your accident and glad you are doing better. Have a great time on your trip. :thumbsup2

Really hoping to stay here for a end of Oct/Nov 2019 trip! I have peeked online and it looks like all standard rooms and garden views are unavailable - which isn't a huge deal to me, I am happy to upgrade however are they indeed already sold out for that time frame or are they holding back some rooms? I can't actually book until I runDisney announce 2019 Wine and Dine dates so (2.5 months!) but just worried it will be totally sold out by then? I plan to book a room the day we find out, but don't want to get my hopes up if its likely to be sold out by then. Any intel would be great, thanks!

Have you called Disney? I can't say it works 100% of the time, but we have gotten lucky a few times and have been able to book in at POFQ when it seemed like there were no rooms, although in the spirit of full disclosure, it was *typically* in conjunction with a "package" or "discount" offer (like the "Enchanting Escape" offer that is on now)

You can sometimes see these rooms - start by going to Disney World's official website, then click on "Places to Stay" that is in about the top center of the page. Then, on the right hand side, click on "View Special Offers" to start your search with the currently available packages and discounts. Make sure you put in the dates you are looking for! :)

Here's a screenshot with some nifty little annotations in red, pointing to what I was referencing above:
WDWspecialoffer.jpg

Hope this helps - I realize that you may have already tried this, but I wanted to share this for others who may not realize you can start your room search directly from the "View Special Offers" page.

Really hoping to stay here for a end of Oct/Nov 2019 trip! I have peeked online and it looks like all standard rooms and garden views are unavailable - which isn't a huge deal to me, I am happy to upgrade however are they indeed already sold out for that time frame or are they holding back some rooms? I can't actually book until I runDisney announce 2019 Wine and Dine dates so (2.5 months!) but just worried it will be totally sold out by then? I plan to book a room the day we find out, but don't want to get my hopes up if its likely to be sold out by then. Any intel would be great, thanks!

Room availability is extremely dynamic. The inventory the reservation system shows is always changing. Sometimes changing dates (longer, shorter, include a weekend, avoid a weekend) will show rooms that appeared to be unavailable. I know I've checked a date range one day and there was nothing open and magically a week or so later there were standard rooms open.

Room availability is extremely dynamic. The inventory the reservation system shows is always changing. Sometimes changing dates (longer, shorter, include a weekend, avoid a weekend) will show rooms that appeared to be unavailable. I know I've checked a date range one day and there was nothing open and magically a week or so later there were standard rooms open.

Ok thank you. This is what I was hoping to hear - does not sound like it is a lost cause. :)

Have you called Disney? I can't say it works 100% of the time, but we have gotten lucky a few times and have been able to book in at POFQ when it seemed like there were no rooms, although in the spirit of full disclosure, it was *typically* in conjunction with a "package" or "discount" offer (like the "Enchanting Escape" offer that is on now)

You can sometimes see these rooms - start by going to Disney World's official website, then click on "Places to Stay" that is in about the top center of the page. Then, on the right hand side, click on "View Special Offers" to start your search with the currently available packages and discounts. Make sure you put in the dates you are looking for! :)

Here's a screenshot with some nifty little annotations in red, pointing to what I was referencing above:
View attachment 343641

Hope this helps - I realize that you may have already tried this, but I wanted to share this for others who may not realize you can start your room search directly from the "View Special Offers" page.

Great thanks I will look into trying this out. I had no idea of this method. If it is fully sold out when we go to book I will call them as well. Thanks!

I am going to be a solo female traveler. I have booked the standard view room. What building would you recommend I request. I don’t expect any type of view with standard, but I would like to be close to the main building and buses.
Building 4 is the one you should request. Closest to buses and food court/lobby.

Does anyone know what time the buses start going to Disney Springs? I know the boats don't start until after 10:00 am but I just booked a brunch at Homecomin' for 10:00 and want to be able to get there one time without worrying about getting an lyft to go around the corner. There was a 10:40 time available and was thinking it might be best to switch to that.

Does anyone know what time the buses start going to Disney Springs? I know the boats don't start until after 10:00 am but I just booked a brunch at Homecomin' for 10:00 and want to be able to get there one time without worrying about getting an lyft to go around the corner. There was a 10:40 time available and was thinking it might be best to switch to that.
We weren't staying at POFQ, but on a previous trip, I think we caught a Disney Springs bus around 9 AM or shortly thereafter... I mostly remember that we got there before anything was really open, then we hit a few stores at 10 AM when they opened before an 11 AM reservation at T-Rex.

I found this page for you: Disney Bus Transportation It says that the DS buses start running "45 minutes before opening", so I'm guessing that you could try to catch a bus around 9:00 am? I'm not sure what time the Starbucks locations at DS open; it could be that you may be able to catch an earlier bus than that...

I found this page for you: Disney Bus Transportation It says that the DS buses start running "45 minutes before opening", so I'm guessing that you could try to catch a bus around 9:00 am? I'm not sure what time the Starbucks locations at DS open; it could be that you may be able to catch an earlier bus than that...

Thanks! I actually found that right after I posted it. Should've google first. Lol!

What are the toiletries in the room? I've usually brought my own, but I'm considering not to bring my own this time to save some space in the suitcases.

I think switching to POFQ is the right decision. I would be really concerned with the food court situation at CSR as well (I'm celiac). The chefs at FQ were amazing during my most recent trip last week! Love the beignets!

HOLD ON - You had gluten free BEIGNETS????? My dd is celiac & she will flip if this is true

Will be taking my first solo trip end of next month and was able to book a room here! This will be my first time staying at a moderate, previously staying at Pop ans All Star Movies. What are some things that I should be taking advantage of while staying here? I've been reading through the info here and on Touring Plans. Will definitely make time to walk over to POR, possibly the boat over to Disney Springs. Thanks in advance!

I was booked at CSR for a big family trip in October, but wasn't entirely thrilled with staying there. I chose it because it was the least expensive mod and my parents would be staying there too and I wanted someone in the family to be staying at the same resort as them. Well, another group in the family also booked CSR and passholder discounts came up this week, so I am now booked in a pool view room at FQ!!! I am so excited for this change I can't wait to be back, as it is my favorite resort. Only 64 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!