Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Will be taking my first solo trip end of next month and was able to book a room here! This will be my first time staying at a moderate, previously staying at Pop ans All Star Movies. What are some things that I should be taking advantage of while staying here? I've been reading through the info here and on Touring Plans. Will definitely make time to walk over to POR, possibly the boat over to Disney Springs. Thanks in advance!

We love "adult beverage time" at Scat Cat's, after a busy park day! LOL But one of the greatest things you will find about POFQ is the food service at the Floatworks; although POFQ is the only mod without table service, you won't miss it. Be sure to take your time in there, and look around at all of the little nods to "Princess & The Frog" - I won't spoil it except to say that Mama Odie's bottles... I still get chills every time I look up there! The food is consistently good as well.

The Resort itself is small, and so generally it feels very private and quiet. We love the evenings, when the carriage rides run along the river (extra fee) and when the movies on the lawn bring everyone out to sit on the grass and watch the movie! There's only one pool - remember it's a small Resort! - but there's something for everyone, including a splash pad that is popular with the little nuggets. If you need to do a load of laundry, the laundry room is basically right in the middle, next to the pool. All of the Cast Members are so nice and friendly, and our family has never regretted a stay there.

BTW - those boat rides up and down the Sassagoula? They're kind of addictive... :) We love to travel back and forth to Disney Springs this way - it really makes you wish that Disney had boat service EVERYWHERE on property!

While at POR see if you can catch YeeHaw Bob's show - he is a literally a legend, and the (free) show is on our "must do" list! We tend to sit at the back, and enjoy an adult beverage, and leave the tables closer to the stage for the families with little nuggets, but there's really not a bad seat in the place. In that same room, they have also been running Disney trivia nights, so be sure to check the schedule at POR!

Have fun!

I heard on a podcast that Port Orleans now has "enhanced" wi-fi. Has anyone noticed a a difference?

We love "adult beverage time" at Scat Cat's, after a busy park day! LOL But one of the greatest things you will find about POFQ is the food service at the Floatworks; although POFQ is the only mod without table service, you won't miss it. Be sure to take your time in there, and look around at all of the little nods to "Princess & The Frog" - I won't spoil it except to say that Mama Odie's bottles... I still get chills every time I look up there! The food is consistently good as well.

The Resort itself is small, and so generally it feels very private and quiet. We love the evenings, when the carriage rides run along the river (extra fee) and when the movies on the lawn bring everyone out to sit on the grass and watch the movie! There's only one pool - remember it's a small Resort! - but there's something for everyone, including a splash pad that is popular with the little nuggets. If you need to do a load of laundry, the laundry room is basically right in the middle, next to the pool. All of the Cast Members are so nice and friendly, and our family has never regretted a stay there.

BTW - those boat rides up and down the Sassagoula? They're kind of addictive... :) We love to travel back and forth to Disney Springs this way - it really makes you wish that Disney had boat service EVERYWHERE on property!

While at POR see if you can catch YeeHaw Bob's show - he is a literally a legend, and the (free) show is on our "must do" list! We tend to sit at the back, and enjoy an adult beverage, and leave the tables closer to the stage for the families with little nuggets, but there's really not a bad seat in the place. In that same room, they have also been running Disney trivia nights, so be sure to check the schedule at POR!

Have fun!

I'm tentatively planning that my final night I'll do dinner at Boatwrights and then hang at Scat Cat's. :)

Just got an email that there will be construction at POR in September...

I scrolled through but didn't see anything here. What is being refurbed?

Have fun!

Thanks for the info, just what I was looking for! Since I'll be flying solo, I plan on taking one day to sightsee, and the boat to Disney Springs is on my list!
Thanks again

Have all of the rooms at POFQ been updated to the hard floors or do some still have carpeting?

If there are some that haven't been updated, which rooms have?

Have all of the rooms at POFQ been updated to the hard floors or do some still have carpeting?

I was wondering that, too. We've stayed in an updated room at POP Century and I really don't like the hard floors. I think it really takes out the "soundproofing" and makes the whole room feel like a tin box. Sorry - that is just me!

Another question - are the PORFQ updated rooms going the route of POP Century with 1 bed now being a fold-down type? That was another thing I didn't like about the POP updates.

I was wondering that, too. We've stayed in an updated room at POP Century and I really don't like the hard floors. I think it really takes out the "soundproofing" and makes the whole room feel like a tin box. Sorry - that is just me!

Another question - are the PORFQ updated rooms going the route of POP Century with 1 bed now being a fold-down type? That was another thing I didn't like about the POP updates.

We had an updated room at the FQ just a few weeks ago.

No fold-down bed, just two queens with hard floors.

Haha see Im the opposite and actually like the floors! I feel like they feel cleaner and make the room more updated lol

We had an updated room at the FQ just a few weeks ago.

No fold-down bed, just two queens with hard floors.

Do you remember what building/room you were in?

Haha see Im the opposite and actually like the floors! I feel like they feel cleaner and make the room more updated lol

Do you remember what building/room you were in?

We were building 6, second floor facing the courtyard, I don't recall the room number, though...I want to say 6220.

Were you on upper floors or ground floor - in other words, could you hear guests above or next to you?

2nd floor building 6. We did not have any noise issues. You could kind of hear people from the adjoining room, but nothing major. Just enough to know that the adjoining room was occupied, if that makes sense.

According to portorleans.org all rooms have been updated as of July 10

2nd floor building 6. We did not have any noise issues. You could kind of hear people from the adjoining room, but nothing major. Just enough to know that the adjoining room was occupied, if that makes sense.
Thanks. I lived in an apartment once where I was on the middle floor and could hear every time someone walked across the uncarpeted portion of the apartment above me. I really like booking ground floor rooms, but not if it's like that old apartment.

We've been on top floor, building 5, and we didn't notice any noise. If you're sensitive to noise, maybe you should request a room on third floor, and/or ask front desk if such rooms are available when you check in.

On the other hand, if you're sensitive to noise, are the Moderates a good choice for you? DW thought she wasn't sensitive, but ended up sleeping with earplugs every night, because of the A/C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter