Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We were on the 2nd floor and had no noise issues in June in a refurbished room (building 5).

We have stayed many times in first floor rooms (I require a roll-in shower room, and those are exclusively on the first floor at POFQ) and we can typically hear the neighbors doors - especially if they let them slam, and don't try to close them quietly - but other than that, POFQ seems to be a very well-built, quiet Resort. You can sometimes hear a faraway "flush" in the quiet hours of the night, but I'm usually so tired that I sleep through the night and never wake!

We have never, in all the years we have stayed at POFQ, heard anyone upstairs above us, nor in the rooms beside us, other than when they come and go from their doors. Granted, that was prior to the remodel, but I have no reason to believe that it will be any different based on the reports we see here.

We are planning to bring our Amazon Echo Dot to use Sleep Sounds to avoid noise issues. I think that should help, as the only time we'd be worried about noise would be when we are trying to sleep. Fingers crossed!

Hi everyone,

I’ll be checking into POFQ at the end of next week and I have a river view room. Do you think I should make a room request or see what I get when I get there? There’s nothing I really can think of that I really NEED to have there. I’d prefer a room on a higher floor so I don’t hear people walking around above me but that’s not a huge deal. What about a building location, do you think that’s necessary?

Thanks in advance!

We've been on top floor, building 5, and we didn't notice any noise. If you're sensitive to noise, maybe you should request a room on third floor, and/or ask front desk if such rooms are available when you check in.

On the other hand, if you're sensitive to noise, are the Moderates a good choice for you? DW thought she wasn't sensitive, but ended up sleeping with earplugs every night, because of the A/C.

I'm sensitive to noise in any hotel. I just bring a small noise machine to use when I sleep.

Hi everyone,

I’ll be checking into POFQ at the end of next week and I have a river view room. Do you think I should make a room request or see what I get when I get there? There’s nothing I really can think of that I really NEED to have there. I’d prefer a room on a higher floor so I don’t hear people walking around above me but that’s not a huge deal. What about a building location, do you think that’s necessary?

Thanks in advance!

We typically request the top floor -- for us that's very important. We stayed in building 7 and loved it!

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
I use Touring Plans to do a fax for me through their website. They have rooms views of just about every view that you can think of.

We usually request Building 6, upper floor, near the elevators for our go to River view room. This allows us to be close to the food court and allows us to cut through the passageway near Building 4 to get to the bus. The river views have an awesome view of the river and bridge leading to PO-R.

Quick question. We’re going in Feb next year on Free Dining. I have stayed at FQ before with my MIl and we raved about it so much DH decided we had to stay here this trip for his first WDW runDisney event, also his first onsite stay.

Anyway, my question is, does Mardi Grogs take snack credits for items like the Pretzels or is it pay only? DH has been watching the food blogs and has his eye on that pepperjack pretzel if it’s still there. If not we can either pay or just get something from the food court. It’s not like we’re starved for choice LOL. But just wondering.

Thanks

How does it work with declining housekeeping? Does it mean they never clean your room during the stay, or will they clean it every so many days or once a week or something? I'm really tempted to have the gift card for declining housekeeping as we don't need it every day, but we're staying for 21 days so we obviously want some cleaning and to change the bedding.

How does it work with declining housekeeping? Does it mean they never clean your room during the stay, or will they clean it every so many days or once a week or something? I'm really tempted to have the gift card for declining housekeeping as we don't need it every day, but we're staying for 21 days so we obviously want some cleaning and to change the bedding.

It's all or nothing. You can request fresh towels and bedding and just make up the bed yourself.

Hi all. I have 5 nights, 2 rooms, at POFQ booked late December. I also have a one bedroom booked at Bay Lake Towers for two nights at the end of our trip. It is very expensive to stay at BLT and actually rooms at POFQ weren't cheap either unfortunately. My question is would it be worth it to spend our last two nights at BLT? It will be an extra $1,000.00 to do so. We have not been to WDW since 1999 and part of me wants to be at BLT for the NYE fireworks but part of me thinks I'm crazy to spend that much extra $$ to literally be at BLT for a day and a half by the time we get checked in. We are planning on spending the day at MK on the 30th and we'll be at AK the 31st. Are there any celebrations at POFQ for New Years? Thanks!

21 days!! Wow - lucky you!!

Hi all. I have 5 nights, 2 rooms, at POFQ booked late December. I also have a one bedroom booked at Bay Lake Towers for two nights at the end of our trip. It is very expensive to stay at BLT and actually rooms at POFQ weren't cheap either unfortunately. My question is would it be worth it to spend our last two nights at BLT? It will be an extra $1,000.00 to do so. We have not been to WDW since 1999 and part of me wants to be at BLT for the NYE fireworks but part of me thinks I'm crazy to spend that much extra $$ to literally be at BLT for a day and a half by the time we get checked in. We are planning on spending the day at MK on the 30th and we'll be at AK the 31st. Are there any celebrations at POFQ for New Years? Thanks!

I think it's *really* personal - we don't spend much time in our room (typically), so for our family, we often prioritize things like access to parks or Disney Springs (one of the reasons we LOVE to stay at POFQ; we make up excuses to ride down to Disney Springs LOL) or dining experiences (like Hoop Dee Doo or the Boathouse) or other additional experiences (like fireworks dessert parties) over a bigger, fancier room with features we probably won't use (but I guess would look cool on Instagram?) But, like I said - that's a really personal decision.

I don't know what typically goes on at POFQ on NYE; that's our anniversary (32 years this year!) and we typically stay home; our favorite time of year to head to WDW is either just after Labor Day or just after the New Year...

Personally, I would look at that extra money to stay at BLT, and say to myself "Hey, what else could we do with this money at Disney to create some cool memories...?" simply because that's how our family approaches our time at WDW.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful trip! :)

21 days!! Wow - lucky you!!

Yeah, we're travelling from the UK so it's nice staying a bit longer. Our flight is "only" just over 9 hours as we're flying direct for the first time. We usually stay for 14 days, but we wanted to extend it a bit and make it a more relaxing trip.

It's all or nothing. You can request fresh towels and bedding and just make up the bed yourself.
Gift card? Can someone elaborate for me? We're staying at POFQ in a couple weeks and would definitely be interested in declining housekeeping as long as we can request fresh towels every day or two. Do we ask about this at check-in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter