Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

And YES!

Halloween Mugs at Sassagoula Floatworks this morning!!

And for those wondering, YES they can do the gluten-free beignets as regular or pumpkin spice!!

That sounds yummy!! Do they make the GF beignets in mickey-head shapes now too? Looking forward to hearing of all your GF food reviews :lovestruc

That sounds yummy!! Do they make the GF beignets in mickey-head shapes now too? Looking forward to hearing of all your GF food reviews :lovestruc

Sadly no Mickey shaped ones. But still good!

Lunch was Satu’li - the crispy tofu with rice and black beans and creamy herb sauce!

Have not had dinner yet!

BEST food option at the food court currently? I will be at POFQ in around 22 days. We have one day of the trip where we are doing MK on a party day, but not going to the party. I was thinking of taking advantage of the early evening and heading back to the resort for dinner and relaxation. My friend may or may not do the same. But I have no idea what to get for dinner! Any suggestions?

BEST food option at the food court currently? I will be at POFQ in around 22 days. We have one day of the trip where we are doing MK on a party day, but not going to the party. I was thinking of taking advantage of the early evening and heading back to the resort for dinner and relaxation. My friend may or may not do the same. But I have no idea what to get for dinner! Any suggestions?

I loved the shrimp and grits so much that I had it twice!!!

I know the rooms have some tolietries provided...do they have dish soap? Just thinking about cleaning out our drink mugs.

Sadly no Mickey-shaped gluten-free ones yet!

Pro tip though... You can ask for the chicory-coffee ganache dipping sauce with gluten-free Mickey Waffles! Not quite the same, but close!

I agree with previous poster. The shrimp and grits are so delicious!!! My DH and I both had this on our last trip and agreed it is amazing that this dish is counter service food.

Sadly no Mickey-shaped gluten-free ones yet!

Pro tip though... You can ask for the chicory-coffee ganache dipping sauce with gluten-free Mickey Waffles! Not quite the same, but close!

That sounds really good! When I had the GF beignets last trip, I didn't even get the dipping sauces. I plan to add the dipping sauces for variety on our trip in March :cloud9: Adding a dipping sauce for the GF waffles with a big mug of coffee sounds like a winner :teacher:

How is your room? Is it quiet at night? Is the A/C unit quiet or does it make any loud noises when cutting off and on? We are hoping to stay here in March but the A/C unit concerns me as this type unit tends to wake me up at night at other hotels.

I want to chime in that the dairy free Mickey waffles I had were a different batter than in the past and they were so so good! It wasn't at all gooey. It was like cake in waffle form. Crystal Palace had the same kind. I don't know if the gluten free are the same, but I hope so for those who need/want them. The make your own rice bowl was also very good and easily enough to share or make two meals out of.

I bought some before a trip 2 years ago. We spent 2 nights at WDW before a cruise and they came in so handy!! I’ve got them packed for our trip in 8 days!!!
I always bring along Clorox wipes for plane, (arms, tray tables, screens, seat pockets, etc), room (phone, remote, light switches, drawer handles, etc), but wouldn't really want to use them for food items. The paper towels would be a good idea, even with the sink in the food court... you may want to wash it out in your room if you use it for different beverages....

That sounds really good! When I had the GF beignets last trip, I didn't even get the dipping sauces. I plan to add the dipping sauces for variety on our trip in March :cloud9: Adding a dipping sauce for the GF waffles with a big mug of coffee sounds like a winner :teacher:

How is your room? Is it quiet at night? Is the A/C unit quiet or does it make any loud noises when cutting off and on? We are hoping to stay here in March but the A/C unit concerns me as this type unit tends to wake me up at night at other hotels.

I like it. My neighbor the first night talked loud, but that could happen any time. The a/c does not bother me, but I also live in NYC, so i am not the best judge of noise.

Bounty makes paper towels with Dawn in them. They are so convenient to have in the room for washing the mugs!! I usually put a stack in a large ziploc bag to make packing easier.

I’ve also heard that people soak sponges in dish soap and then dry them out. I’ve never tried it.

Does anyone know if it's free to use the in room phone for local calls? I tried to google it, but the only article I found about it seemed to be from 2013, so don't know if it'll still be applicable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter