Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I’m here now and absolutely love it, all our recent stays have been in deluxe hotels and frankly I’d sooner return here again. Great layout, great staff, great atmosphere. I’m in building 5 and the walk to the pool, food court and buses is only a few minutes. We are on the top floor with a garden view and it is so quiet in the room

The buses so far have been good, only once has it gone to Riverside to collect.

The only downside is that the features in the kids water splash park area are not working ( apart from the 2 small slides) a cast member informed me that it could be ‘weeks’ until it is fixed.

Very very impressed and here for another week
Oh that is disappointing about the kids p l.j ay area. We will be there next week....I guess this will not be working then when we go.

I’m here now and absolutely love it, all our recent stays have been in deluxe hotels and frankly I’d sooner return here again. Great layout, great staff, great atmosphere. I’m in building 5 and the walk to the pool, food court and buses is only a few minutes. We are on the top floor with a garden view and it is so quiet in the room

The only downside is that the features in the kids water splash park area are not working ( apart from the 2 small slides) a cast member informed me that it could be ‘weeks’ until it is fixed.

I love your mini review! Thank you! I’m looking forward to my stay very much.

I was nervous about the bus situation and having to make the whole Riverside loop. So good to know that that doesn’t always happen.

So we had a split stay november pop two night, pofq about four nights. the reason was because of availability, the rooms weren't showing up for the whole stay so i had to split. well now they're showing up for pofq for my whole stay. my magic bands are shipped, the magic express bus set for pop etc. Should I just leave it or switch to pofq the entire stay no split stay. my only issues with a split stay are packing and repacking, etc. opinions?

So we had a split stay november pop two night, pofq about four nights. the reason was because of availability, the rooms weren't showing up for the whole stay so i had to split. well now they're showing up for pofq for my whole stay. my magic bands are shipped, the magic express bus set for pop etc. Should I just leave it or switch to pofq the entire stay no split stay. my only issues with a split stay are packing and repacking, etc. opinions?

I would switch if I could. I prefer not to move but we are doing a split stay also due to availability. Two nights at POFQ and then BWV for 7 nights. I would have preferred to do BWV the entire trip but I am looking forward to staying at POFQ!

ok so same. looking forward to pop because we've never been, only two nights, but I hate the idea of packing and repacking. and bringing the luggage down and waiting for it to show up later and figuring everything out again. but it is also fun to explore new resorts if i haven't been. and then i have to switch the bands? idk if i do even, theyre shipped...i feel like it's kind of too late. and i should stop making changes and whatever...but i am the one who inevitably will be packing and unpacking of course.

There are usually a lot of conflicting opinions on this topic based on people having different priorities. ( saving money, experiencing more than one resort, settling in and staying in one place, etc) I like to unpack and stay put. I even changed my original res:first night at Pop, followed by 4 nights at FQ, to all 5 nights at FQ even though it cost more money. We were basically just going to check in and sleep at Pop, but I have mobility issues. Since there were no preferred rooms available at Pop, I kept imagining myself having a long walk to my room at 1 am, after a late flight, and then another long walk in the morning to store our bags. For me, it was worth it to get our FQ room on arrival night and just be where we want to be. It really depends on your priorities. Good luck with your decision! Don't wait too long!!

ok so same. looking forward to pop because we've never been, only two nights, but I hate the idea of packing and repacking. and bringing the luggage down and waiting for it to show up later and figuring everything out again. but it is also fun to explore new resorts if i haven't been. and then i have to switch the bands? idk if i do even, theyre shipped...i feel like it's kind of too late. and i should stop making changes and whatever...but i am the one who inevitably will be packing and unpacking of course.
I don't think it will affect your bands. They interact with whatever info is in Disney's system. If your resort change is in the system, the bands should work. They don't actually have any info on them.

There are usually a lot of conflicting opinions on this topic based on people having different priorities. ( saving money, experiencing more than one resort, settling in and staying in one place, etc) I like to unpack and stay put. I even changed my original res:first night at Pop, followed by 4 nights at FQ, to all 5 nights at FQ even though it cost more money. We were basically just going to check in and sleep at Pop, but I have mobility issues. Since there were no preferred rooms available at Pop, I kept imagining myself having a long walk to my room at 1 am, after a late flight, and then another long walk in the morning to store our bags. For me, it was worth it to get our FQ room on arrival night and just be where we want to be. It really depends on your priorities. Good luck with your decision! Don't wait too long!!
What about luggage tags? Those yellow stickers, I already received both for the express bus from mco and then I have two sets of bands coming being shipped so they're both usable?

Oh that is disappointing about the kids p l.j ay area. We will be there next week....I guess this will not be working then when we go.

Highly unlikely going on what I was told. The two little slides at least work so there is still a few kids in there

You won’t need to change bands. You can use any band assigned to you from any trip or stay

Trying to squeeze in one more trip on my current AP and was able to book a few nights at POFQ the week after Thanksgiving (arriving 11/26). Had been hoping for Riverside but nothing is available for my dates. Will the holiday decor be up at POFQ at that point? And does it have a nice festive feel? I love both POFQ and POR but Riverside always feels a little warmer and cozier to me so I thought it would be nice for a holiday time trip but close proximity to beignets at French Quarter is not too shabby.

We recently cruised and did a day before and after. If you just pack the 2 days in one suitcase then it's fairly easy to move. No need to unpack the whole trip for only 2 days.

Trying to squeeze in one more trip on my current AP and was able to book a few nights at POFQ the week after Thanksgiving (arriving 11/26). Had been hoping for Riverside but nothing is available for my dates. Will the holiday decor be up at POFQ at that point? And does it have a nice festive feel? I love both POFQ and POR but Riverside always feels a little warmer and cozier to me so I thought it would be nice for a holiday time trip but close proximity to beignets at French Quarter is not too shabby.
Our trips to POFQ usually end the Friday before Thanksginving. At that time they are putting up the Christmas decorations So it should be fully decorated when you get there after Thanksgiving. You can always walk up to POR to check them out .

blue castle had me on the mobility issues which i have but my teen made the deciding vote. he wants to see the larger then life objects at the pop so he won out! And he is very excited also for the beneigts at pofq. so i guess we keep it....thanks though. i think i will use a packing cube for the two days to just pull out.

I have another pool question. Where can I view the hours? Looking around online, it looks like the pool is open from ~10am - 8 pm in January/February?

I'm glad to hear this. I've never stayed at (or even visited) POFQ, but for some reason I have a feeling I would really like the resort. The theme is so quaint and charming. I watched a tour video of it the other night and kind of fell in love. I've only stayed at Coronado (X2), Kidani, and the Grand Floridian (going for the second time in June 2019). I absolutely adore the Grand, but even with renting DVC it can get pretty pricey. I'm contemplating a solo trip for 2020, and I really think POFQ is where I want to stay!

I have another pool question. Where can I view the hours? Looking around online, it looks like the pool is open from ~10am - 8 pm in January/February?

They are not posted online anywhere that I've been able to find. And yes, normally in Jan-Feb they are 10am-8pm.

They are not posted online anywhere that I've been able to find. And yes, normally in Jan-Feb they are 10am-8pm.
Thank you for verifying!

I don't know if I'm allowed to post outside links? But I saw the 10am-8pm hours listed as off-season (Jan/Feb) hours at the Unofficial Resort Guide for Port Orleans (both Riverside and FQ).

I'm glad to hear this. I've never stayed at (or even visited) POFQ, but for some reason I have a feeling I would really like the resort. The theme is so quaint and charming. I watched a tour video of it the other night and kind of fell in love. I've only stayed at Coronado (X2), Kidani, and the Grand Floridian (going for the second time in June 2019). I absolutely adore the Grand, but even with renting DVC it can get pretty pricey. I'm contemplating a solo trip for 2020, and I really think POFQ is where I want to stay!

POFQ was the last moderate we stayed at, as I thought I wouldn't enjoy it, seemed to quaint for me, and was always priced higher than the others.

We stayed there a little over a month ago, and I was blown away. It's really the only mod I want to stay at now, or POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter