Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hi everyone. Just booked here for December. Depending on the weather, I'm just wondering if anyone knows how late the pools are open at POFQ? Thank you for any info.

I just booked our next annual Disney trip and chose POFQ this time. This year January 2018 we stayed in the Royal rooms at POR and we were so close to POFQ we fell in love with the resort. We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary (Dec 30) so this will be a special trip. Let the planning commence!

I just booked our next annual Disney trip and chose POFQ this time. This year January 2018 we stayed in the Royal rooms at POR and we were so close to POFQ we fell in love with the resort. We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary (Dec 30) so this will be a special trip. Let the planning commence!
Congratulations! DH and I love FQ. Perhaps consider an evening carriage ride along the river to create a special anniversary memory. We think FQ is very romantic.

Can someone explain the boat to and from ds a bit more? Are there stops? Where exactly am I going in ds, is there more then one drop off point? How long is the boat ride? Thanks so much.

Can someone explain the boat to and from ds a bit more? Are there stops? Where exactly am I going in ds, is there more then one drop off point? How long is the boat ride? Thanks so much.
Don't be dismayed by the long return line from Disney Springs to French Quarter. When the boat arrives, the captain will walk the line and start pulling people out going to french quarter. Riverside is a much bigger resort, with more people trying to get there. So they may end up waiting for an extra boat.

Does anyone have a round about time for how long it takes to casually walk from POFQ to the Ol’ Man Island pool? We are thinking of going to check it out next trip but don’t want a hike.

Does anyone have a round about time for how long it takes to casually walk from POFQ to the Ol’ Man Island pool? We are thinking of going to check it out next trip but don’t want a hike.

From Andre's great site https://www.portorleans.org/

Although they may appear to be some distance apart on a map or when you’re driving or taking the bus, in fact the dividing line between the last building of French Quarter (Building 7) and the first of Riverside (Parterre Place) is merely a narrow road bridge. It’s a very pleasant short walk alongside the Sassagoula river bank between the two resorts, and you can comfortably stroll the 900 yards from one food court to the other in around 10 minutes.

Don't be dismayed by the long return line from Disney Springs to French Quarter. When the boat arrives, the captain will walk the line and start pulling people out going to french quarter. Riverside is a much bigger resort, with more people trying to get there. So they may end up waiting for an extra boat.
In the evening the two Port Orleans resorts have seperate boats from/ to Disney Springs. However there is only one line at DS Marketplace dock for the Port Orleans resorts. ( other side is for the DS water taxi ) . That's why they walk the line to see where you are heading.

In the evening the two Port Orleans resorts have seperate boats from/ to Disney Springs. However there is only one line at DS Marketplace dock for the Port Orleans resorts. ( other side is for the DS water taxi ) . That's why they walk the line to see where you are heading.
what is a water taxi? and can you tell me whereabouts the boat actually is in ds? I have only been there once since the renovations have been complete and would like an idea of where I am heading in my head visually before arrival. I assume drop off and pick up are the same spots.

S
what is a water taxi? and can you tell me whereabouts the boat actually is in ds? I have only been there once since the renovations have been complete and would like an idea of where I am heading in my head visually before arrival. I assume drop off and pick up are the same spots.
There is a Disney Springs water taxi that goes between the 3 docks at Disney Springs. The docks are at the Marketplace ( behind the Rainforest Cafe), which is where the boats from Port Orleans dock. The other two docks are in the Landing area ( near Jock Lindsay's Hangar bar) & West Side ( near the House of Blues). The boats from OKW and SSR dock at one of those docks ( I think the Landing one). Checkout www.disneysprings.com to take a look at to see where everything is located. I used to look for shortcuts when going from one area to another :thumbsup2

I'm glad to hear this. I've never stayed at (or even visited) POFQ, but for some reason I have a feeling I would really like the resort. The theme is so quaint and charming. I watched a tour video of it the other night and kind of fell in love. I've only stayed at Coronado (X2), Kidani, and the Grand Floridian (going for the second time in June 2019). I absolutely adore the Grand, but even with renting DVC it can get pretty pricey. I'm contemplating a solo trip for 2020, and I really think POFQ is where I want to stay!

We were the same, I just had a feeling that the theme and size of the resort would suit us and that was indeed the case. Obviously there may not be the same amenities as a Deluxe resort but pound for pound (or dollar for dollar) POFQ is now at the top of our list. We were finding more and more that the prices Disney were charging for a deluxe are becoming more ridiculous each year. I would also say that the staff at POFQ were some of the best and friendliest I have encountered across the whole of Disney

From Andre's great site https://www.portorleans.org/

Although they may appear to be some distance apart on a map or when you’re driving or taking the bus, in fact the dividing line between the last building of French Quarter (Building 7) and the first of Riverside (Parterre Place) is merely a narrow road bridge. It’s a very pleasant short walk alongside the Sassagoula river bank between the two resorts, and you can comfortably stroll the 900 yards from one food court to the other in around 10 minutes.

I would agree with that. I did the walk a number of times. We were at building 5 and could walk to the main building or the pool at POR in no more than 10 minutes. For the life of me I could not understand why people would get the bus or the boat between resorts ( apart from mobility issues of course) Its a really nice walk and hardly any distance at all

For the life of me I could not understand why people would get the bus or the boat between resorts ( apart from mobility issues of course)
We've taken the boat between resorts several times. The walk is nice, the boat is fun.

just left the coronado boards and switched to here because for early november i had coronado with a pop split stay but when (finally) a room opened up at french quarter garden view (any room would do) i grabbed it. my sister went to coronado last week (been there many times and good experiences) but this time had a negative experience or two and when pofq opened which it never does i grabbed it and left those boards. so here i am . i have never stayed at this resort but am excited. i do have some questions about transportation if people can answer? it says online the buses are shared with riverside at times. will they be shared first week of november? and does the ds ferry make stops or it's one way back and forth? I have a foot condition coming into this trip ahead (very nervous about have a physical problem for a wdw trip) and really excited about the size (or lack of large size) of this resort compared to coronado. any tips with this resort and my foot would be appreciated too. i just want to be able to sit on a bus and ferry for my foot and not walk too far to get there.

Buses are not usually shared in the morning. I reccomend that you look at www.portorleans.org as it has any/all information you could ever want/need. Andre Wiley runs this website and he is a frequent poster on the DIS. They have a separate section about transportation that explains it all very well. We love both FQ and Riverside and are planning on staying there next week and possibly 3 times next year. It is like our second home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter