Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We’ll be at POFQ in 11 days, so excited! Does anyone have any experience with getting to EMM at MK? Should I take a chance on the buses or try to get a Minnie Van? And has anyone used the Minnie Vans since the price change and have an idea on costs to different locations? We also booked EMM at HS and I’m most nervous for this one as it has an earlier check-in time than the MK one. TIA!!

We will be there as well. I would consider the Miinnie Van or Lyft/Uber to be sure.

Thank you! Do you know how far in from that point the Ol’ Island pool is?

I did say in the original text, it's about a minute's walk from the marina where I started the walk to the Riverside pool (which is across a bridge onto Ol' Man Island).

Andre

I did say in the original text, it's about a minute's walk from the marina where I started the walk to the Riverside pool (which is across a bridge onto Ol' Man Island).

Andre
Thanks! I knew there were a couple pools at Riverside, so I wanted to double check that it was the Ol’ Man Island pool. My kids are obsessed with water slides :)

I'm so excited finally booked my birthday weekend trip at POFQ with my boyfriend in April (his first time). I couldn't find a room here since room discounts were released until this week pixiedust:

I couldnt book a King room though so I booked a double with a River view hoping that it will be romantic lol. Can Anyone tell me which Riverview building is close to the main lobby and the buses?

Thanks

Can Anyone tell me which Riverview building is close to the main lobby and the buses?
All the buildings are close to the main lobby and buses. In order; B6 closest, B7 a few steps more, B2 a little farther than B7, B1 a few steps farther than B2.

Unless you have mobility issues you will hardly notice the walk time difference. And the walk from B1 is only about 2 minutes longer than the walk from B6. And it's a beautiful, short walk.

O
All the buildings are close to the main lobby and buses. In order; B6 closest, B7 a few steps more, B2 a little farther than B7, B1 a few steps farther than B2.

Unless you have mobility issues you will hardly notice the walk time difference. And the walk from B1 is only about 2 minutes longer than the walk from B6. And it's a beautiful, short walk.

Awesome thanks! I've stayed at PORS and I'm so looking forward to this stay.

Has anyone had any luck putting in room requests online? My Disney Experience just has blanks for the drop downs under room requests on both the app and the web site. (Normally there’s an option for which floor you want, etc.) I’m trying to avoid calling. Anyone have any tricks?

Has anyone had any luck putting in room requests online? My Disney Experience just has blanks for the drop downs under room requests on both the app and the web site. (Normally there’s an option for which floor you want, etc.) I’m trying to avoid calling. Anyone have any tricks?

I think it’s like this for every resort at the moment - not sure what’s going on.

Do all of the stations in the food court open at 7 am?

I may be cutting out one of my leisurely planned breakfasts in favor of Cali Grill brunch and wondered if I could squeeze it in on a day when I'm trying to RD Epcot at 9am

Semi-related: is there no longer a shrimp po'boy sandwich at either POFQ or POR?

Last edited:
I was reading the portorleans.org site someone on the boards here referred me to. It says buses don't leave or start running from resorts until 7 a.m. and they no longer offer earlier ones if you have a morning breakfast earlier. I have emm at dhs one morning in november. I assumed I would take a bus around 6:30 ish. Should I not rely on that ?

I was reading the portorleans.org site someone on the boards here referred me to. It says buses don't leave or start running from resorts until 7 a.m. and they no longer offer earlier ones if you have a morning breakfast earlier. I have emm at dhs one morning in november. I assumed I would take a bus around 6:30 ish. Should I not rely on that ?

Have friends at POFQ now, they have seen park buses rolling into the resort as early as 6:20AM.

I think it’s like this for every resort at the moment - not sure what’s going on.
That pull down request option hasn't worked in over a year.

Semi-related: is there no longer a shrimp po'boy sandwich at either POFQ or POR?
Yes. All open at 7AM.
True. Shrimp po'boys are gone.
This past Sept the bus to EMM tended to arrive between 6:15 and 6:30. Double check at the front desk the day before.

Some sections open at 6am (bakery and grab'n'go). The hot food counters all open at 7am.

I was reading the portorleans.org site someone on the boards here referred me to. It says buses don't leave or start running from resorts until 7 a.m.

What my page actually says is "The theme park buses normally leave their home depots at 6:30am and officially start running from the resorts by 7am, although the first one will usually be earlier than that." For parks with very early opening times (e.g. EMH on an otherwise 8am day, so a 7am opening for resort guests) they will usually start the bus service even earlier. It's not an exact science though, you may find one earlier still or you may not.

If you've got an early character breakfast (8am or earlier) at another resort, I would not suggest relying on the buses to get you there on time though. It might work, but you'd be safer with an Uber or Minnie Van.

Andre

Last edited:
Some sections open at 6am (bakery and grab'n'go). The hot food counters all open at 7am.

What my page actually says is "The theme park buses normally leave their home depots at 6:30am and officially start running from the resorts by 7am, although the first one will usually be earlier than that." For parks with very early opening times (e.g. EMH on an otherwise 8am day, so a 7am opening for resort guests) they will usually start the bus service even earlier. It's not an exact science though, you may find one earlier still or you may not.

If you've got an early character breakfast (8am or earlier) at another resort, I would not suggest relying on the buses to get you there on time though. It might work, but you'd be safer with an Uber or Minnie Van.

Andre
Thank you for the reply. I had heard from the emm threads that minnie vans don't really get to resorts promptly at 6:30ish and ubers for these events have also been unpredicatable with several reports saying one got lost, etc. Not so reliable. I don't have a car. I figured the bus at 6:30 was the most reliable but when I read it 'usually' starts earlier then 7 that had me concerned. Now I'm not sure what to do as I don't think mv and ubers are reliable for this event so early either.

Thank you for the reply. I had heard from the emm threads that minnie vans don't really get to resorts promptly at 6:30ish and ubers for these events have also been unpredicatable with several reports saying one got lost, etc. Not so reliable. I don't have a car. I figured the bus at 6:30 was the most reliable but when I read it 'usually' starts earlier then 7 that had me concerned. Now I'm not sure what to do as I don't think mv and ubers are reliable for this event so early either.
On the EMM for DHS thread, reports are that buses are running as early as 6 AM, with lots of people catching one around 6:20. Sounds as reliable as anything else, but people are also checking on the app that morning for bus arrival times.

We aren't going until March so I can't verify, but you can check the thread here:https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...scussion-see-post-3-for-review-links.3701980/

I did EMM in April 2018 staying at POFQ. I caught a bus right at 6:30am (only one on) and I was at MK super quick with a lot of time to kill. I'd suggest just being at the bus stop as early as you can...more chances to catch a bus and get on with your day.

Now I'm not sure what to do as I don't think mv and ubers are reliable for this event so early either.
I can think of two options:
Have the front desk CM call a taxi.
Call for a MiniVan or Uber at 6:00AM or even 5:45 to compensate for a driver not arriving promptly or getting lost on the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter