Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Just returned! 11/4-yesterday. stayed two night pop and then switched to the much better pofq!! It was wonderful, quaint, first time there for us and we have stayed at many resorts. buses were great, did not share with riverside. Took the boat a couple times at night to ds back and forth (didn't care for our captain actually, a bit snarky), the rooms were large and great rehabs although I found the toilet a bit shoved in next to the tub area when all of this large room was left for the ironing area! I could've used a bit more room in the bathroom shower toilet area. We opted out of housekeeping. One big problem: we are viewing are charges now as we are home and we were charged every day ($100 total) for car parking. We didn't have a car stay overnight, a few times we had our neice who is a cast member drop us off at the resort and once she ate with us for an hour at the cs restaurant. So now i have to call guest services I guess. We didn't use the pool or go to riverside. We loved the food at the counter service place and enjoyed spending some time with Jim the greeter. It is a clean resort and friendly. Just upset about the parking charges though.

Just returned! 11/4-yesterday. stayed two night pop and then switched to the much better pofq!! It was wonderful, quaint, first time there for us and we have stayed at many resorts. buses were great, did not share with riverside. Took the boat a couple times at night to ds back and forth (didn't care for our captain actually, a bit snarky), the rooms were large and great rehabs although I found the toilet a bit shoved in next to the tub area when all of this large room was left for the ironing area! I could've used a bit more room in the bathroom shower toilet area. We opted out of housekeeping. One big problem: we are viewing are charges now as we are home and we were charged every day ($100 total) for car parking. We didn't have a car stay overnight, a few times we had our neice who is a cast member drop us off at the resort and once she ate with us for an hour at the cs restaurant. So now i have to call guest services I guess. We didn't use the pool or go to riverside. We loved the food at the counter service place and enjoyed spending some time with Jim the greeter. It is a clean resort and friendly. Just upset about the parking charges though.
I would definitely call them! I've read that they are having trouble enforcing the parking fees and I bet they have made lots of mistakes.

Will Bell Services keep our winter coats with our luggage while we go to a park on our last day after checking out? I don't think we'll be able to fit them in our carry-ons.

Thanks for sharing! I was debating on switching to Pop for an upcoming trip bc is sabe $80+ a night. We are only going for 3 days/4 nights and spending a bunch of time at the parks (or at least that’s the plan). Do you think POFQ is worth an extra $80/night? Just looking for another opinion :)

Thanks for sharing! I was debating on switching to Pop for an upcoming trip bc is sabe $80+ a night. We are only going for 3 days/4 nights and spending a bunch of time at the parks (or at least that’s the plan). Do you think POFQ is worth an extra $80/night? Just looking for another opinion :)
We don't hang out in the resorts either. parks mostly all day. first time at pop as well as pofq. pop was less money of course. the pops new refurb was wonderful inside the rooms, I loved the walkin shower (had a tub shower at pofq) and both were super clean. the room was much smaller at pop so it would be a squeeze to have stayed there for a full week if there were more then two or three people in the pop in my opinion. one sink there too. pofq had two sinks but the bathroom (tub and toilet were a tight squeeze), the main room was roomier then the pop. My DH didn't like the pop atmosphere. However, the pop food area opened at 6:30 so if you're eating a hot breakfast before rd that could be a big thing, pofq hot foods in the a.m. opened later. Neither had more then one counter service restaurant. I have a foot issue, the walk in the pop to the buses from our room was super super far and for me that was make or break. pofq everything was super close so at night walking back (and one night in the pouring rain, we got soaked) was tremendous difference. At pop we were literally the very last room in the whole resort and that was the clincher for me to prefer pofq.

Got back Sunday from a week at POFQ. WOW. Amazing. Cannot express enough how much we loved it! This was our first time staying on property, but are confident that we'd never stay anywhere else! We had a few ADRs at other resorts during the week, so we visited GF, Poly, Contemporary, Beach Club and Yacht Club. All were very nice properties, but none were as relaxed and chill as FQ. At the end of a long day of parks filled with screaming children, strollers or ECVs that threatened to run us down, teens / adults with their heads in the phones not watching where they walk...FQ was a welcomed home base. There was never a crowd, never a lot of foot traffic by the room, our building was next to the pool but we never heard any noise from the pool area. It was just perfect. Every single cast member was so kind and friendly. It really was amazing. Similar to the comments above, our only complaint would be the bathroom was very small despite a large sink/hanger area. Would really appreciate a little less counter space at the double sinks for a little more toilet room.

I forgot to ask while there...Does anyone know what kind of mattress they use at this resort? We slept like rocks all week with no pain...now we are home we have woken up both mornings with stiff backs, ha! Time to look for a new mattress and we LOVED the one at FQ!

I think it is. If for nothing else than the larger bathroom with two sinks. Might be a small thing, but for two people it makes a difference to us. We don't spend a lot of time at the resort but the walk from the buses to the room is really nice. In the morning the walk to the food court to grab a bite is so pleasant. Even a stop at Scat Cat's Club for a quick cocktail and some music at the end of a day in the parks is worth the extra money.

That said; I'm trying POP for the first time on a solo trip to save money.

Just back from our trip. We stayed at POFQ 11/2-11/4 then moved to BWV 11/4-11/11.

We absolutely loved POFQ. Actually my DD preferred it over BWV. We had room 4220 which was very close to the bus stop. We loved the brightness of the resort. How small it was. The beds were comfy (actually more comfy than BWV). The charm. The bus stops were never crowded. We never waited long for a bus either coming or going to the parks. Even at the end of the night at the parks the lines weren't long for this resort bus stop. We never stood. It's just a very beautiful resort. It was quiet. DD has requested to stay there next trip.

It's a tough call. We love Pop and POFQ. I'm struggling with this dilemma at the moment myself, so I'm really no help. I love them both equally.

Hey all - we'll be staying at POFQ at the end of January 2019. I read on the PortOrleans.com website that the resorts often share buses in the early morning. Does this mean that we'll be sharing buses each morning when we're trying to get there before rope drop? Can anyone share their experiences in value season?
We always try to get to the parks about an hour before park open, and this would definitely increase our travel time each day. I'm especially concerned about our two trips to MK (one morning EMH, and one PPO breakfast).

Thanks!

Hey all - we'll be staying at POFQ at the end of January 2019. I read on the PortOrleans.com website that the resorts often share buses in the early morning. Does this mean that we'll be sharing buses each morning when we're trying to get there before rope drop? Can anyone share their experiences in value season?
We always try to get to the parks about an hour before park open, and this would definitely increase our travel time each day. I'm especially concerned about our two trips to MK (one morning EMH, and one PPO breakfast).

Thanks!
They will share coming back to POFQ from HS and from AK. They will also sometimes share in the afternoon back and forth from HS and AK and rarely in the mornings. Only to those 2 parks in my experience.

Thanks! We won't mind sharing on the way back - we'll just take our time at park close. I'm more worried about getting to the park early, but it sounds like we should be okay. Fingers crossed!

We've stayed late Jan and Sept. Never once did I see a shared bus in the early morning.

Is Scat Cat's still all ages? My DD16 wouldn't mind going one evening. I found a reference to this in a very old thread, but unsure if it has remained the case.

Does anyone know how closely the height restrictions at the splash pad are enforced? Do they eyeball it or measure every kid? My older son is 46.5" right now and we are going in 2.5 months...there is a slim chance he might be pushing the 48" height limit while we are there depending on when he grows next. I'm trying to decide if I should tell him ahead of time that he might not be able to play at the splash pad with his younger brother or not even open that can of worms until we get there.

Is Scat Cat's still all ages? My DD16 wouldn't mind going one evening. I found a reference to this in a very old thread, but unsure if it has remained the case.
Still was when we went last year & haven't seen anything indicating a change. Very few lounges / restaurants at WDW have age restrictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter