Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hey all - we'll be staying at POFQ at the end of January 2019. I read on the PortOrleans.com website that the resorts often share buses in the early morning. Does this mean that we'll be sharing buses each morning when we're trying to get there before rope drop? Can anyone share their experiences in value season?
We always try to get to the parks about an hour before park open, and this would definitely increase our travel time each day. I'm especially concerned about our two trips to MK (one morning EMH, and one PPO breakfast).

Thanks!
Another rarely shared in the early AM our last few trips . One was a bus to MK we were picked up before 7:00am when we were going for a 8:00 am ADR. With so few people it was pretty quick. The others were MK & another park ( sorry forgot which) but they picked us up then stopped at the main POR depot before heading to the park. I think they were just just picking up overflow .
Nothing like it was on our first several visits when we almost always went through POR's 4 stops.

Does anyone know how closely the height restrictions at the splash pad are enforced? Do they eyeball it or measure every kid? My older son is 46.5" right now and we are going in 2.5 months...there is a slim chance he might be pushing the 48" height limit while we are there depending on when he grows next. I'm trying to decide if I should tell him ahead of time that he might not be able to play at the splash pad with his younger brother or not even open that can of worms until we get there.
I don't know the exact answer to your question but when we were there in mid October the only thing working in the splash area were the slides (none of the sprayers etc were working) so we ended up just using the main pool. I don't know if they have been fixed yet.

I don't know the exact answer to your question but when we were there in mid October the only thing working in the splash area were the slides (none of the sprayers etc were working) so we ended up just using the main pool. I don't know if they have been fixed yet.
That's a bummer, but thanks for the update. I'm not sure how much pool time we will have since we will be there at the end of January/beginning of February.

Splash pad was up and running when we were there last week - I don’t recall seeing anyone measure, but wasn’t looking that closely.

In response to the splash pad area, I was there October 23-29th with my son and everything seemed to be working. He played in there everyday and had a blast! I’m not sure how strict they are with the height limit- but there was rarely even a CM present.
Also- I remember reading that someone was asking about the frog fountain. That started working towards the end of our trip too.

Splash pad was up and running when we were there last week - I don’t recall seeing anyone measure, but wasn’t looking that closely.

In response to the splash pad area, I was there October 23-29th with my son and everything seemed to be working. He played in there everyday and had a blast! I’m not sure how strict they are with the height limit- but there was rarely even a CM present.
Also- I remember reading that someone was asking about the frog fountain. That started working towards the end of our trip too.
They must have fixed it alittle after we left.

We've stayed late Jan and Sept. Never once did I see a shared bus in the early morning.

Another rarely shared in the early AM our last few trips . One was a bus to MK we were picked up before 7:00am when we were going for a 8:00 am ADR. With so few people it was pretty quick. The others were MK & another park ( sorry forgot which) but they picked us up then stopped at the main POR depot before heading to the park. I think they were just just picking up overflow .
Nothing like it was on our first several visits when we almost always went through POR's 4 stops.

Very reassuring - thank you both!

Does anyone know how closely the height restrictions at the splash pad are enforced? Do they eyeball it or measure every kid? My older son is 46.5" right now and we are going in 2.5 months...there is a slim chance he might be pushing the 48" height limit while we are there depending on when he grows next. I'm trying to decide if I should tell him ahead of time that he might not be able to play at the splash pad with his younger brother or not even open that can of worms until we get there.

Depends on the lifeguard. We were staying at POR last summer and my kids played many hours in that splash pad. My oldest was just over the limit. The first time we were there, no problem but the second time, the lifeguard on duty refused to let her use the slides with her sister and only allowed her to play with the sprays. BTW the splash pad was not full. Maybe 2 or 3 other kids playing in the area?!?

Any word yet on Mardi Gras 2019 info or events ?
We were lucky enough to book a POFQ King room , for the week of Mardi Gras 2019 . BTW, this year Mardi Gras is March 5th .
Hoping they will be doing the parade this year !!!
This will be our 3rd stay at POFQ , and we always seem to miss the POFQ Mardi Gras parade timing with our WDW stays . Not this year !!!! Just hoping they dont cancel this too !

Any word yet on Mardi Gras 2019 info or events ?
We were lucky enough to book a POFQ King room , for the week of Mardi Gras 2019 . BTW, this year Mardi Gras is March 5th .
Hoping they will be doing the parade this year !!!
This will be our 3rd stay at POFQ , and we always seem to miss the POFQ Mardi Gras parade timing with our WDW stays . Not this year !!!! Just hoping they dont cancel this too !

I would check here https://www.portorleans.org/mardigras.php once you get a little closer.

No cases any longer. However, they do have 8-paks of 12oz bottles of Dasani for $3.99 each.
Thanks!

I’m thinking of maybe trying Amazon Prime Now. Has anyone had any luck? My plan was to just place the order when we landed so it would come within the two hour window of us getting there.
If I’m not checked in when the order comes, will bell services hold for me?

continuing with my fax question...we will be at AoA for 4 night before our stay at POFQ...would AoA fax my room request for me?

I would check here https://www.portorleans.org/mardigras.php once you get a little closer.

They usually put the information up a few days beforehand.

Andre

Thanks Guys ,
Just hoping they will be doing the parade as we kind of planned our stay at POFQ with the parade and Mardi Gras fun in mind (and of coarse Jason , Billy and /or Greg too , lol) . We do love POFQ , prob our favorite WDW resort (and we have stayed at all of them !) , so the parade is not a deal breaker , but hoping to finally see it ! With so many WDW cutbacks , you never know . This is going to be a mostly non park trip , so the parade is one of the highlights !

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter