Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hi everyone

We are heading down next week, I do have a question about the fridges. I will be ordering smoothies as well as milk for my two boys, how big are the fridges, will it hold 2 gallons of milk? Or should I order smaller things of milk?

They are dorm-fridge-sized. I think we had a half gallon of milk and a couple of the larger Evian bottles in ours, and that was about it - two half gallons might work. If the smoothies are the small bottles like drinkable yogurt, they'll fit on the door.

how big are the fridges, will it hold 2 gallons of milk? Or should I order smaller things of milk?

Two gallons would just about fit, perhaps with a bit of juggling of the shelves, but wouldn't leave much space for anything else.

Andre

Thanks!

I’m thinking of maybe trying Amazon Prime Now. Has anyone had any luck? My plan was to just place the order when we landed so it would come within the two hour window of us getting there.
If I’m not checked in when the order comes, will bell services hold for me?

I ordered water through Amazon Prime in Sept. for our stay at POP. I actually ordered a few days before our trip because I had some credit that was going to expire and bell services held it for me and delivered it with our luggage from Magical Express. I would think POFQ would be the same.

I hope it is the same because we are planning to stay here next year.

I ordered water through Amazon Prime in Sept. for our stay at POP. I actually ordered a few days before our trip because I had some credit that was going to expire and bell services held it for me and delivered it with our luggage from Magical Express. I would think POFQ would be the same.

I hope it is the same because we are planning to stay here next year.
We actually ordered through Prime. I ordered while on the plane and chose a two hour window. I asked in the instructions for the packages to be left at bell services and the cold things to be refrigerated. I got a text that it was delivered while I was on Magical Express. They couldn’t find my order at the hotel for some reason (I don’t believe it was an issue on Amazon’s end), and it took a while before they found it. But everything was refrigerated and products are all what I asked for. Overall, it was fairly smooth.
I will say that I still like Garden Grocer better for groceries for long trips, but this was good for a short trip where I wanted just some drinks. I’d use it again in a similar situation.

Hey all - we'll be staying at POFQ at the end of January 2019. I read on the PortOrleans.com website that the resorts often share buses in the early morning. Does this mean that we'll be sharing buses each morning when we're trying to get there before rope drop? Can anyone share their experiences in value season?
We always try to get to the parks about an hour before park open, and this would definitely increase our travel time each day. I'm especially concerned about our two trips to MK (one morning EMH, and one PPO breakfast).

Thanks!

The only time that they are shared is for very early pre-park opening breakfasts. After that each resort usually does not share.

Has anyone ever been able to activate a ticket at the front desk at POFQ? We have Canadian resident tickets that will need to be activated by showing our passports before we can use them and I've read that some people have been able to do this at their resort. Our plan is to visit either Disney Spring or the International Gateway at Epcot the day of arrival to do this but if we could do it right at French Quarter that would be awesome!

Just got back from 4 nights at POFQ. We stayed there originally in 2016. Since then, we’ve stayed only in deluxe category rooms, so I was hoping that we wouldn’t be disappointed. We definitely were not!
The theming at the resort is beautiful, the small cozy feel of the resort is great, and the transportation was too notch.
We only got one pool day, as it was cold, but the kids had a blast in the sprayground! I will say that I wish the hot tub were in a location closer to the pool, and it could use a refurb (there was grout missing on a lot of the tile and a lot of mildew where there should be none).
In room, I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about the hardwood floors. We all got used to it fairly quickly. The rooms were beautiful. The room itself felt as big as a deluxe and was very intelligently laid out with plenty of storage place. The only part of the room that felt tight was the toilet/tub part of the bathroom. It was a tight squeeze trying to close the door to use the toilet, and if you left it open you were watching yourself go via the full length mirror on the door. The water pressure wasn’t great in the shower either.
We also had an issue with our room being dirty on arrival and housekeeping taking forever to bring clean linens that night. The front desk was great in handling it.
Overall, we would definitely be back to POFQ- esp at Christmas time. It was just so beautiful!

Just got back from 4 nights at POFQ. We stayed there originally in 2016. Since then, we’ve stayed only in deluxe category rooms, so I was hoping that we wouldn’t be disappointed. We definitely were not!
The theming at the resort is beautiful, the small cozy feel of the resort is great, and the transportation was too notch.
We only got one pool day, as it was cold, but the kids had a blast in the sprayground! I will say that I wish the hot tub were in a location closer to the pool, and it could use a refurb (there was grout missing on a lot of the tile and a lot of mildew where there should be none).
In room, I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about the hardwood floors. We all got used to it fairly quickly. The rooms were beautiful. The room itself felt as big as a deluxe and was very intelligently laid out with plenty of storage place. The only part of the room that felt tight was the toilet/tub part of the bathroom. It was a tight squeeze trying to close the door to use the toilet, and if you left it open you were watching yourself go via the full length mirror on the door. The water pressure wasn’t great in the shower either.
We also had an issue with our room being dirty on arrival and housekeeping taking forever to bring clean linens that night. The front desk was great in handling it.
Overall, we would definitely be back to POFQ- esp at Christmas time. It was just so beautiful!
Does the lobby still smell as great as I remember at Christmas? I hope so! We'll be there in 3 weeks. :)

Hi everyone

We are heading down next week, I do have a question about the fridges. I will be ordering smoothies as well as milk for my two boys, how big are the fridges, will it hold 2 gallons of milk? Or should I order smaller things of milk?
I was there last week, we had ordered 3 1/2 gallons of lactaid milk, we left two at bell services and went to get them as we needed another, they were great about it.

Has anyone ever been able to activate a ticket at the front desk at POFQ? We have Canadian resident tickets that will need to be activated by showing our passports before we can use them and I've read that some people have been able to do this at their resort. Our plan is to visit either Disney Spring or the International Gateway at Epcot the day of arrival to do this but if we could do it right at French Quarter that would be awesome!

We were there in February on Canadian resident tickets and the front desk CM didn’t really know about tickets. In his computer he could see ours listed so he thought they were active, but they weren’t (we went to Epcot the next day and arrived early just in case, and sure enough they didn’t work).

We’re doing the same tickets this year and thinking we’ll just do dinner at DS on arrival night and pop in and activate them there. We’re currently scheduled for EMM at DHS the next morning so I don’t want to have to deal with it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!