Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone had the Chicken and bacon infused Mickey waffles with spiced syrup ? We are staying at SOG this year but are thinking about heading over 1 night for dinner and a carriage ride .

Another question - you know how each building has 3 "sections" to it, are there walkways in between each section on the ground level or no? So for example do you need to walk around the entire building to get to the pool if you are in building 2 or 5?
This image is from portorleans.org with the walkways. This is building 5, the other buildings are similar.

Floorplan-POFQ-5.png

Do you ever have a hard time getting a table at the food court area? The amount of tables seems a bit small, so just wondering and trying to plan ahead.
Usually no, but one night it was pouring, so it was more crowded than usual. Pro tip: you can eat at the tables in the lobby in front of Scat Cats if there's not music going on. We had that area almost to ourselves and there's a player piano, plus the lobby is just a nicer atmosphere.

We just checked into pofq. We haven’t been here since our honeymoon 3 years ago so it’s fun to be back. We were supposed to stay at cbr but our room was not very nice. They switched us here for free and it’s so much better. I know they did a soft goods refurbishment recently and it looks so nice!

We just checked into pofq. We haven’t been here since our honeymoon 3 years ago so it’s fun to be back. We were supposed to stay at cbr but our room was not very nice. They switched us here for free and it’s so much better. I know they did a soft goods refurbishment recently and it looks so nice!

Wow! You checked into CBR and went to your room. Went back to the desk and said meh, the room is not nice enough. And they moved you to POFQ for free? Talk about Disney magic!

What wasn't nice about it?

Wow! You checked into CBR and went to your room. Went back to the desk and said meh, the room is not nice enough. And they moved you to POFQ for free? Talk about Disney magic!
The first room had a nasty smell. I wouldn’t say we just didn’t like the room. We knew what it would look like going in because I looked at pictures. The second room was surrounded by fences and dug up ground. We weren’t told about construction and weren’t really happy about that. I just don’t want people thinking we complained just because of the room decor because that wasn’t the case.

Beside that, yes we definitely got some Disney magic with them being able to move us to pofq. They also said they could move us to contemporary for $800 more. We offered to pay to move to a new resort.

The first room had a nasty smell. I wouldn’t say we just didn’t like the room. We knew what it would look like going in because I looked at pictures. The second room was surrounded by fences and dug up ground. We weren’t told about construction and weren’t really happy about that. I just don’t want people thinking we complained just because of the room decor because that wasn’t the case.

I've stayed at CBR 7 times. The last 2 visits we've had smelly rooms. Moved to a new room and still smelly so moved again. Like a moldy musty smokey smell. So there's 3 rooms we've been in that had a weird smell and we asked to move to a new room (in Aruba, Martinique and the old Trinidad North). CBR was my favorite - we've always stayed there but after the last 2 visits of smelly rooms and then the construction started we switched resorts. So i understand about you having a smelly room. I'm considering POFQ for our next trip.

I've stayed at CBR 7 times. The last 2 visits we've had smelly rooms. Moved to a new room and still smelly so moved again. Like a moldy musty smokey smell. So there's 3 rooms we've been in that had a weird smell and we asked to move to a new room (in Aruba, Martinique and the old Trinidad North). CBR was my favorite - we've always stayed there but after the last 2 visits of smelly rooms and then the construction started we switched resorts. So i understand about you having a smelly room. I'm considering POFQ for our next trip.

On our return stay in many years (with grandkids) to CBR, we had to change our 1st room as it was very "wet" with water running down windows and door. The next room was not wet but had a strong odor (overpowering room deodorizer) that gave me a scratchy sore throat every night while in the room. I didn't say anything and just sucked it up (didn't want to move family of 5 including baby with pack n play again). We have avoided that resort since.

We had the same problem in 2016. Tried 2 different rooms before they moved us to the CR. I can't believe they still smell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!