Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We just returned Saturday, and I agree about the water pressure. I also felt that it might have to do with the big, "rainfall" type shower head. My daughters both have long, incredibly thick hair and it took them forever in the shower. My hair isn't as long or thick as theirs, and it took me a long time to rinse.

We just returned Saturday, and I agree about the water pressure. I also felt that it might have to do with the big, "rainfall" type shower head. My daughters both have long, incredibly thick hair and it took them forever in the shower. My hair isn't as long or thick as theirs, and it took me a long time to rinse.

If the Resorts are using "softened" or "conditioned" water (and I think they are - but someone with more information than me will be along shortly to confirm or deny this LOL) then shampoo and conditioner go a LOT further - for example, if you use a quarter size dollop at home, at WDW you might be able to get by with a nickel size dollop; softened or conditioned water often makes soaps, shampoos and other bath products work "better", so your usual amount of shampoo goes nuts, and it takes longer to get it all rinsed out.

When you have long hair, or very thick hair, I think the effect is almost magnified further, because it naturally takes longer to make sure you have all the shampoo rinsed out to begin with.

Seeing the chat about the mattresses. We were there in November and LOVED the mattress. Does anyone know what kind of mattresses were used in the renovations? We had ZERO back/body pain while at Disney - even with all of the walking and standing we were doing. First night back home after the honeymoon in November, back and body pain returned. Whatever that mattress is - we need it in our lives! Ha! :cloud9:
I've been searching for an answer to your question about the mattresses at FQ but haven't seen a response. We just returned and completely agree- the beds were amazingly comfortable! Would really like to buy that mattress.

We just switched from Pop to POFQ for the week after Thanksgiving and are so excited!

I am having trouble deciding on a garden or river view. Both are available and the price difference is pretty small.

Can anyone give some advice? Are the river rooms too far away from the lobby to the worth it? Is the awesome view worth the walk?

Also I noticed on Touring Plans that most of the river view rooms are connecting rooms. I’m not a fan of connecting rooms and wonder if anyone has any experience with them (noise issues, etc).

Thanks!
For me as long as Im not looking out to the parking lot, im fine. Garden vs water view is just a taste thing. Gardens are kept so beautiful throughout. No place in this resort is far from the lobby. You will have a beautiful time there.

We just switched to FQ as well, and our TA booked us a Pool view room. I’d made it clear from the beginning that a quiet room was important bc we want our toddler to sleep well, and I’m worried the pool will be noisy in the evenings. Any experience with that?

We just switched to FQ as well, and our TA booked us a Pool view room. I’d made it clear from the beginning that a quiet room was important bc we want our toddler to sleep well, and I’m worried the pool will be noisy in the evenings. Any experience with that?

We overlooked the hot tub which is close to the pool and I can tell you that the hot tub was noisy in the evenings, well after the pool was closed. I think if you are looking for a quieter room, specify that you don't want to be in either Buildings 2 or 5 facing the pool. I am guessing that you will be doing afternoon naps and that is when they have the special activities at the pool, which can get loud. Pool view is least desirable to me. The gardens are all so lovely, you would be safe with garden view.

We just had a pool view room in April. The only time I really noticed the noise was early in the morning before the pool opened the lifeguards would blow the whistles a lot. Not sure if it was opening procedures or what, but it was pretty loud. Other than that, it really wasn't a problem with noise and we loved being close to the pool so our kids could go back and forth easily.

Thanks, everyone who gave feedback. I emailed our TA that we need to switch to a river view - we are spending too much money to risk bad sleep for a toddler the night before going to the parks!

Be aware that in a few River View rooms in building 2, you might hear the boat horns when the ferries depart. Just in case, it would probably be best to request buildings 1, 6 or 7. Building 6 River View would be the best IMHO, as the others are a bit further from the main buildings and bus stop.

Andre

Thanks, everyone who gave feedback. I emailed our TA that we need to switch to a river view - we are spending too much money to risk bad sleep for a toddler the night before going to the parks!
Next time I’ll just do everything myself. 🙂

My suggestion is just go for the Garden View if you want quiet. That's what I am doing.

River views weren’t available, so we got a Garden View - I’m relieved because I’m sure it will be quieter. I don’t care about a “view” so much as a sleeping 2 year old, lol.
Also, you can request a box fan from housekeeping to help drown out all the outside noises.

We stayed at POFQ for ten days in early May and experienced the refreshed room decor for the first time. I had forgotten my travel night light but in the bathroom you could turn off all the lights but leave on one or both of the very, very small lights on either side of the mirror over the sink. That made for a perfect night light.

Several years ago Disney changed the room design to accommodate two queen beds and a roll-in shower but that room always felt very tight. The updated layout was better. I did not need to call and have the small table and chairs removed to provide parking and charging access for my power wheelchair. We just moved the table and chairs into the positions that worked for me and housekeeping understood and left them alone. The electrical outlets also seemed to be much more accessible. There are still two small details that might make the room challenging for four people - the bed closest to the bathroom is only eight inches from the wall so that bed can only be accessed from one side. The second detail is that the beds are lower to allow a wheelchair straight across transfer but you cannot store luggage underneath which you can do in the regular rooms.

Added 3 more days to the end of our trip (8/10-8/13) and we will be back at POFQ. I cannot wait till our trip.

Do all rooms use the curtain to separate the bedroom and the bathroom? I'm used to the sliding door which I enjoyed when I wanted to blow dry my hair while my LO slept.

Do all rooms use the curtain to separate the bedroom and the bathroom? I'm used to the sliding door which I enjoyed when I wanted to blow dry my hair while my LO slept.

Our last stay, our room had an actual door. It was different from other times and I don’t think it was handicap accessible because it had a bathtub? Maybe someone will know more, but yes there are at least a few rooms without the curtain. How you end up with one? Who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• C42C5320-6220-4882-BCC9-913E6A8A4946.jpeg
    C42C5320-6220-4882-BCC9-913E6A8A4946.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 51

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts