Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We would only need new towels
We bring our own coffee and GFIC
Any gift card would be nice
We are at POFQ for 9 nights - maybe we will get a $50 gift card - time will tell

thank you !
We always opt out of room service - this will be the first time we will be paid for it :)

Thank you both for the input. Looks like we'll be having airport food that night! I am so excited for this trip as it will be our first on-site stay!

So I don't know your travel party or how late they like to stay up but if the boats are still running to DS i think some places there are open until 2am and have late might menus. Just a thought.

It is spotless, but honestly, the noise from them using a blower and power washing every morning destroyed the ambience. Not sure why they need to do that there when I rarely encounter so much cleaning going on at other resorts, but it was a daily event.

This was a complaint of mine. It’s not daily it’s all day. There is a guy who runs a large gas powered backpack blower around the walkways next to the pool. On two recent trips it just seemed like every time we went out there he was running his blower. We could hear it when we were sitting at the pool, or walking past him to get to the food court. It’s obnoxiously loud and stinks real bad. We came back from a park one early afternoon and stopped at the pool bar for a drink. And here comes blower man, decides he’s going to blow the whole bar area out, not a very enjoyable drink! I started to pay attention to what he was doing. There are lots of leaves around that area. The wind blows the leaves onto the walkway and he blows them back into the bushes, it’s a never ending cycle lol. I’m well aware that the grounds have to be kept up, this resort is beautiful and spotless. But there are other methods to remove leaves. They should be using a battery powered blower that runs a whole lot quieter and doesn’t put out a bad smell. They make battery blowers that perform just as good as gas ones now. I sent an email to Disney about this but I’m sure no one cared, but if it bothers you send an email. If they get enough maybe they will do something about it.

Last edited:
We are headed to POFQ next week - yay! We always have our car but rarely drive to the parks - we just always assume it's quicker and easier to take a bus. BUT ... is it really? We have two MK days and one HS day this trip. Should we drive or take the busses? Our party includes two adults and two children (one of whom may have gotten bus sick once at WDW). Our driving forces would be ease and speed to/from the parks. TIA!

On your two MK days, your car may not be quicker. You will have to park at the TTC, then wait for and take the Monorail to the MK. If speed is your priority, you could take a Minnie Van to the MK. It drops you off at the front gate.

The smoking areas weren’t an issue for me. They are located far from the buildings and there were plenty of shady areas to just sit. None are located close to the pool or main lobby.
There is a smoking area right outside the main lobby on the way to buses.

There is a smoking area right outside the main lobby on the way to buses.

Didn't know that, we rarely went through the lobby to the bus stop, there were shortcuts that were much easier to take. I just didn't see many smokers during our stay and it in no way affected us.

On your two MK days, your car may not be quicker. You will have to park at the TTC, then wait for and take the Monorail to the MK. If speed is your priority, you could take a Minnie Van to the MK. It drops you off at the front gate.

We drove on our last day in June and the process was so slow. Between parking, tram, security, waiting on monorail, etc. It was almost double the time the bus ride would have taken us.

So I don't know your travel party or how late they like to stay up but if the boats are still running to DS i think some places there are open until 2am and have late might menus. Just a thought.
Last time I asked (which was a while ago), the last boat back from DS would leave around 11PM.

We drove on our last day in June and the process was so slow. Between parking, tram, security, waiting on monorail, etc. It was almost double the time the bus ride would have taken us.

I agree. I’d either take the bus or use the Minnie Van Service.

Traveling during spring break (yah, I know :crazy2:) with my parents who are in their 70's. Mom will be renting a scooter as she has trouble walking long distances (one reason we chose POFQ) and hoping to get building 4 or 5 (prefer 5). With that being said, should we be renting a car for going to the parks? We're only staying 4 days before going on our Dream cruise. Is it even worth renting a car? I mean, we'll have a scooter to haul around as well. I'm thinking it won't just be worth the trouble but wanted to get yalls thoughts. I haven't stayed at POFQ since 2006 and that was for a week. I've never done a short stay before and never with my parents who are elderly.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Why do you bring your own coffee? What type of coffee makers do they have in the rooms? I assume they give you 2 regulars per day? I want 4. I assume I can ask for more?

What is GFIC?

MY DH likes instant Folgers coffee - I found little travel boxes of 5 individual packets of Folgers - I bought 2 boxes for 10 cups of coffee.
GFIC is General Foods International Coffee - DW & DH likes the Cafe Francis flavor
Will will ship it in a box with other items to ourselves :)

The last ferry boat back from Disney Springs to POR/POFQ normally departs from DS at 11:30pm. After that, for returning from the late night bars etc, buses run until 2am.

Andre

Traveling during spring break (yah, I know :crazy2:) with my parents who are in their 70's. Mom will be renting a scooter as she has trouble walking long distances (one reason we chose POFQ) and hoping to get building 4 or 5 (prefer 5). With that being said, should we be renting a car for going to the parks? We're only staying 4 days before going on our Dream cruise. Is it even worth renting a car? I mean, we'll have a scooter to haul around as well. I'm thinking it won't just be worth the trouble but wanted to get yalls thoughts. I haven't stayed at POFQ since 2006 and that was for a week. I've never done a short stay before and never with my parents who are elderly.

If you are renting scooters I would say using Disney busses would be easier than renting a car. The rental scooters that I have experience with are not going to transport in a car.

I use a scooter. I rent a car and my cousin and I can break the scooter up and put it in the trunk. When we go to the parks, we park in the "medical parking" up close to the park entrance. When we get back to the resort, if I feel like I can walk to the room, my cousin just brings I the battery to charge it at night. Works great for me, but only with some help.

MY DH likes instant Folgers coffee - I found little travel boxes of 5 individual packets of Folgers - I bought 2 boxes for 10 cups of coffee.
GFIC is General Foods International Coffee - DW & DH likes the Cafe Francis flavor
Will will ship it in a box with other items to ourselves :)

Is the coffee maker a Keurig, with the plastic pods? Or more like this with the paper pillows of coffee?

Mr. Coffee 4 Cup Switch Coffee Maker - Black

I would bring some of my own if I knew which type to bring. Thanks!!

I do not think they are Keurig - I think they are the flat pod kind
This will be our first time at POFQ :)

Maybe some one else can answer
I think they have Keurig at some of the DVC's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!