Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I didn't expect housekeeping. But sounds like I should have gotten one bar of soap. Neither of our rooms had a bar of soap. Just the hand lotion and the stuff in the shower. But that's no big deal and not worth $60

Is housekeeping an extra charge? Can someone advise. Thanks!

Let's make this fun...What are you missing most about not being at POFQ?
Ok, I'll bite...
I liked how small it is. The short walk from where we normally stay, Building 4 to the food court to fill up the coffee mugs and back. If the girls still aren't ready then back for breakfast.
Then the short walk to the back side of the bus stop. (We try for ground floor facing the parking lot and normally get it because nobody else wants it). Being the first pick up between us and Dixie Landings. Also the first to drop off on the way back from the parks.
Short walk to the pool, or the laundry-both.
The bakery, food court, and the pizza window, (which isn't very good, but hey... it's different! ;) ).
The pool when the disco isn't going full blast for the kids that don't even participate.
We used to always drive so being able to pull up to the curb and unload/load the car right in front of the room.
Last I can think of at the moment is the themeing. It's really very nice and immersive. I've spent a lot of time walking around with the camera taking pictures of the buildings and grounds.

A couple of photos for your viewing pleasure in the lock down era of the pandemic...

3-friday-6-29-12-137-jpg.491156

Attachments

• 3 Friday 6-29-12 137.JPG
    3 Friday 6-29-12 137.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 348
How do people feel about ground floor rooms? We're only doing 1 night at POFQ before switching to Shades of Green. I'm thinking ground floor may be a nice request so that my dad (who's an amputee) doesn't have to deal with stairs or the lift, but do people ever feel more "exposed" with a ground floor room?

How do people feel about ground floor rooms? We're only doing 1 night at POFQ before switching to Shades of Green. I'm thinking ground floor may be a nice request so that my dad (who's an amputee) doesn't have to deal with stairs or the lift, but do people ever feel more "exposed" with a ground floor room?
We always request a ground floor room. I'm assuming you're talking security. Being a retired police officer I tend to be more alarmist than most people and I've never felt insecure on the property. That being said, anything can happen but there is typically too much activity around these hotels all the time to warrant much in the way of criminal shenanigans.

Not that I noticed, but our ground floor room (6148) was on the far side of one of the buildings. Pretty much in all cases, ground floor or upper floor, if you want privacy, you need to keep the curtains closed either way. What's nice is that the layout of the buildings and roadways tend to drive people away from walking right past your room, unless they're right by your room. I don't have a personal pic on hand, but this random one from the internet (actually off these boards somewhere) kind of shows what I'm referring to:

full

Notice how the row of hedges separates the rooms from the main walkways.

Personally, I loved our ground floor options. Great for getting back to the room without having to worry about the stairs with tired little ones feet, or the elevators. A note on the elevators, as I've mentioned before, in some of the buildings, because of the layout of the building, they're actually farther to walk to then taking the stairs to your room. For example, say you're staying in room 2348, you'd probably find it easier to walk up the two flights of stairs (provided you have the mobility means to) that are right there, then to walk to the nearly far end of the building, to take the elevator up, and then back to your end of the building.

Thank you, Stratman50th and Kaadk for your responses! Our only comparable stay was one night at All Star Movies last year, and we were on the second floor, and it definitely was very twisty/turny to find the lifts (my brother and I just took the stairs).

I love ground floor at every single resort I go to. I don’t always get it, but I always request it. :)

Let's make this fun...What are you missing most about not being at POFQ?
I'm missing the frog fountain by building 6 where I'd eat my breakfast stupid early in the AM before going to the parks.
I miss the boat to Disney Springs.
I miss the quiet hot tub area.
I miss getting a margarita from the pool bar.
I miss walking into the lobby and hearing the jazz music and knowing I'm home!

I miss the beignets. Yeast has been sold out for weeks so I have not been able to replicate the recipe at home yet!
I also miss calm boat rides to Disney Springs.

FYI for anyone who used to enjoy Jason and Billy's live music at Scat Cat's... they have been doing live porch concerts every Sunday from 4-6 during the quarantine. My family likes to tune in and hear their music while we cook Sunday dinner. Brings us back to our good times at POFQ! Just thought I'd share :)

https://www.facebook.com/JasonandBilly/View attachment 494231

I for some reason have a hard time logging in on Sundays but I usually rewatch during my work week and it makes me happy. Takes me back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!