Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you for your response!

Building 4 room 4207. Second floor close to transport, garden view. Exactly what we requested.

I called Disney and they said since I didn't receive a flyer I could call the POFQ front desk (or the pretend number for the front desk) and they could issue issue one to me.

When I called the CM said that the likelihood was the deal was not happening at that time.

Disappointed at the free dining is what we long to get and I know we will be back next September.

I would call Disney reservations asap and ask for Guest Service....only guest service can help....even if the first CM says it is not possible, speak with guest service...beg if you have to. :thumbsup2 We have had this happen ....Guest Service was able see we had stayed and allowed us to book the BB. Worth a try! Good luck!! :goodvibes

Hello all,

We just left the great POFQ on Sept 27th. We did not receive a bounce back offer which I dismissed as a random event we were not selected for. After reading through the boards it seems that even though I didn't receive a flyer I could have still participated.
Is there anyone who may have stayed around the same time that can verify they were being distributed?
Thank you.

We stayed first week in Sept and there was no flyer or anything in our room ! Thank god for these Disboards I went to front desk and asked about bounce back offer and was able to get free dining

I got through to someone somewhere and after being put on hold they gave me the same phone number and code I found on another thread for the room-only discount.
In the same thread I discovered the free dining number and code and noticed that it doesn't apply to late September dates at Moderate resorts. Which doesn't work for me.
So I'm going to have to wait for offers to become available throughout the year.
For all those interested about bounce back offers. Comb through your check-in booklet, check your notices left at your door, and talk to the front desk before checking out to fully verify that there is or is not an offer available.
Thank you to those who reached out to help.

We stayed first week in Sept and there was no flyer or anything in our room ! Thank god for these Disboards I went to front desk and asked about bounce back offer and was able to get free dining

Quite. It is very rare that there isn't a bounce-back offer running, but they don't always make sure that rooms have the paperwork refreshed so it's always worth asking at the front desk if they have one.

Andre

We are going in August 2014. I'm not booked yet and still researching resorts. Once SO gets his vacation dates set in stone (in January) I will be booking.

Renting DVC points for AKL is at the top of my list but if that falls through I will be staying at POFQ. I would book POFQ if I had a RO discount but I know if those come out it's usually around May. So it's a toss up.

Love the thread. :goodvibes

Has anyone here ever spent Halloween night at the resort? We bought party tix but I'm debating if a quieter evening doing resort activities would actually be more fun for my 1 1/2 year old...

Has anyone here ever spent Halloween night at the resort? We bought party tix but I'm debating if a quieter evening doing resort activities would actually be more fun for my 1 1/2 year old...

Just my opinion, but for your little ones age, I would probably save the money if you can get a refund. I have heard that Halloween night party is extremely crowded. We went to the 9/24 party, which was sold out, and it rained, so parades were cancelled, making everyone wet and miserable, and crowding the rides and candy lines (still shorter lines than normal for rides, but longer than normal for party nights KWIM?) I saw the list of activities at the resort and it looks fun!!! If trick-or-treating is important to you find out whether or not they still do it at Fort Wilderness Campground.

We are scheduled to leave FQ tomorrow (10/2) and have extra bottled water for whoever responds. We will be checking out around 9 so will be checking the boards before that. We can leave it at the desk for you if needed. So sad to be leaving, but had a nice time - though many technical issues - including water that was delivered to the resort the day before we arrived and not getting it until 3 days before we leave - thus extra waters! Still trying to figure out how to personal message on here, so please be patient if you want the water.

Got the water! And my DD loved the glow sticks! Thank you.

First time at FQ and loving the resort. So small, pretty and little touches make this my favourite so far. Some good and bad luck with buses but nothing too bad.

Parks are quiet, CMs have been great - no complaints!
Character interaction has been awesome! Except 1 - Thursday morning, Ariel in her grotto- terrible- didn't interact with my 4 year old - and Ariel is her favourite. DH and I were surprised as every other character this week has been so amazing - that this one surprised us.

One family gave us rapunzel passes as they were leaving which thrilled me.

Happy days!

Got home on September 21 and just booked with the Disney Visa Stay Play & Dine for March 5, 2014. Woooooot! :woohoo: Me, DH, and DGD! Already done with my ADRs, too. Whew. Guess I better get a new ticker. :)

Looks like we're coming back to the French Quarter in January! I booked under P/S/D this morning. I was shocked FQ was available! In 2012.. I could only get Free Dining at Riverside, so we had moved over there for the 1st time. I was so nervous at the time, but ended up loving it there also!

Can't wait for January!!!!!!!

Looks like we're coming back to the French Quarter in January! I booked under P/S/D this morning. I was shocked FQ was available! In 2012.. I could only get Free Dining at Riverside, so we had moved over there for the 1st time. I was so nervous at the time, but ended up loving it there also!

Can't wait for January!!!!!!!

Same thing happened to me in 2012, but I wasn't that happy about POR. So glad I was able to get POFQ this morning!

Same thing happened to me in 2012, but I wasn't that happy about POR. So glad I was able to get POFQ this morning!

I liked Riverside a lot more than I thought I would. We were in the mansions, and I thought it was just beautiful there. We travel with my parents who have some mobility issues. They also liked POR more than they thought they would, but the walking was just too much for them. I think FQ is a better option for this trip!

Excited to be saying a FQ feb 1-8! Our family has stayed a POR before and love it! Last trip (feb 2013) we spent a day at FQ and agreed we must stay with our kids DD5 and DS2 in 2014.

I wasn't so sure we would get a deal I make that happen but we did.

Just wanted to say that I got back from my 1st POFQ stay last night. What a great little resort!! :goodvibes

I spent 5 nights/6 days and found my room to be extremely clean. Mousekeeping was wonderful! All of the CM's were fantastic. I had two continuing reservations at POFQ in order to apply my 35% military discount to all nights of my stay and the front desk made sure that I did not have to switch rooms! which was great.

I was in building four, room 4334. It met our requests of 3rd floor and corner room. We had a working fridge in the room.

The buses were great!!!! Came very frequently and never too full. Not once did we share with POR.

All in all, I can't say one bad thing about POFQ. My only other moderate stay was CBR, which we didn't like. POFQ blew it out of the water on all counts! :thumbsup2

Just booked SPD and saved over $1000 for our 9 night stay! I'm beyond excited!! Can't wait for our first stay at POFQ. I was so worried we would have to switch resorts to get a discount. This is a great surprise for us :)

Just my opinion, but for your little ones age, I would probably save the money if you can get a refund. I have heard that Halloween night party is extremely crowded. We went to the 9/24 party, which was sold out, and it rained, so parades were cancelled, making everyone wet and miserable, and crowding the rides and candy lines (still shorter lines than normal for rides, but longer than normal for party nights KWIM?) I saw the list of activities at the resort and it looks fun!!! If trick-or-treating is important to you find out whether or not they still do it at Fort Wilderness Campground.

I was at the 9/24 and it didn't seem sold out. And both parades and the fireworks went off so not sure where you got the parades were cancelled.

Booked our first stay s/p/d for pofq today for a January stay. A three adult 5 day myw tickets and meal plan in a garden room at fq was about twenty dollars cheaper than riverside. :)

Just wanted to say that I got back from my 1st POFQ stay last night. What a great little resort!! :goodvibes

I spent 5 nights/6 days and found my room to be extremely clean. Mousekeeping was wonderful! All of the CM's were fantastic. I had two continuing reservations at POFQ in order to apply my 35% military discount to all nights of my stay and the front desk made sure that I did not have to switch rooms! which was great.

I was in building four, room 4334. It met our requests of 3rd floor and corner room. We had a working fridge in the room.

The buses were great!!!! Came very frequently and never too full. Not once did we share with POR.

All in all, I can't say one bad thing about POFQ. My only other moderate stay was CBR, which we didn't like. POFQ blew it out of the water on all counts! :thumbsup2

we have this coming up as well. can you tell me, did you have to re-check in for your second stay or did they do both check ins at the same time? I also had a spot to order the bands and it asked for color preferences for both reservations. would I not just use the same ones over?
thanks for any help you can give.

Welcome home!! Glad you enjoyed FQ. We had bldg 4 corner room too, great location!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!