Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Okay! I FINALLY spoke with the most amazing cast member, Casey, about adding tickets to my January 2021 "21 Basic Package" which was originally just a room reservation at POFQ. She was able to keep my reservation at POFQ and successfully added tickets to my package! She reached out to GS and said it was suggested that they keep me where I am. I am so happy!

So I got through to change my room only reservation to a package. I was not able to keep FQ, the CM said it wouldn't be opening at all in 2021, which hopefully isn't true.

I ended up booking at Carribean Beach, I'm going to have to make my way over to that thread! Coronado Springs was a comparable price, did I make the right choice between the two? I have two young kids (5 and 3), it will be their first visit.
I finally spoke to a CM last night about my January stay at POFQ. He suggested I keep my original reservation but book a backup package if I was concerned. So I’m holding onto some hope POFQ will be open in January!!!
Worst case? Remember that after 9-11 French Quarter was closed for a full year? And this situation is worse. :(

Wow, these 4 comments go from POFQ is not going to be available until 2022, you have to move! to they let you keep your reservation.

I have a reservation for POFQ in Feb. 2021. If I keep holding on, hoping it will open, might I miss the opportunity to move over to Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs???...... Do I book 2 reservations so I can have a spot at CB or CS and cancel FQ if it's not going open....... decisions, decisions.....

I have not added my park tickets yet. It doesn't look like the parks are going to max out for Feb. for a while so I decided to wait until the panic died down to call and try. I have not been able to add park tickets on line. It says to call.

I have a reservation for POFQ in Feb. 2021. If I keep holding on, hoping it will open, might I miss the opportunity to move over to Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs???...... Do I book 2 reservations so I can have a spot at CB or CS and cancel FQ if it's not going open....... decisions, decisions.....

I would book a backup reservation, and you cancel either the POFQ or CBR booking for full refund until 6 days out (if it's room-only) so nothing to lose by waiting it out. At the moment, no one knows.

Andre

Curiosity got the better of me today so I called to see what was suggested for my POFQ reservation 11/28-12/5. They recommended I move while I had more options available, with the understanding I can always move back if POFQ opens up. I was also able to add a night to the front end of our trip because our plans slightly changed. Did go ahead and pay a bit more per night to stay at GDT since we haven’t been there before. Will remain watching/listening closely in the hopes that POFQ opens back up. At least I know I have a room and park reservations IF we get to go. She mentioned that ADRs should be available 60 days out and that they were very hopeful that park hopping would return by next year.

Curiosity got the better of me today so I called to see what was suggested for my POFQ reservation 11/28-12/5. They recommended I move while I had more options available, with the understanding I can always move back if POFQ opens up. I was also able to add a night to the front end of our trip because our plans slightly changed. Did go ahead and pay a bit more per night to stay at GDT since we haven’t been there before. Will remain watching/listening closely in the hopes that POFQ opens back up. At least I know I have a room and park reservations IF we get to go. She mentioned that ADRs should be available 60 days out and that they were very hopeful that park hopping would return by next year.

Your dates overlap mine! If you don't mind me asking, what options were you offered? I see you chose to pay more for GDT, but were you offered any moves at no additional charge?

Their recommendation to move while more options are available is what concerns me most about waiting.

Your dates overlap mine! If you don't mind me asking, what options were you offered? I see you chose to pay more for GDT, but were you offered any moves at no additional charge?

Their recommendation to move while more options are available is what concerns me most about waiting.

I had POFQ garden view and I believe she said I could move to CBR and save maybe $10/night. She started to say something about saving by moving to Pop but I am not interested in value resorts. CSR regular rooms would have been very close in price if not equal.
No free bumps to deluxe since “technically” POFQ may be available and the have to fill moderated before bumping a closed mod person to deluxe. At least that’s what she said ;)
We are paying roughly $20/night more for GDT.

I had POFQ garden view and I believe she said I could move to CBR and save maybe $10/night. She started to say something about saving by moving to Pop but I am not interested in value resorts. CSR regular rooms would have been very close in price if not equal.
No free bumps to deluxe since “technically” POFQ may be available and the have to fill moderated before bumping a closed mod person to deluxe. At least that’s what she said ;)
We are paying roughly $20/night more for GDT.

That's what my TA told me about the upgrades, too, but she said also that the CMs are discouraging late-2020 moves from POFQ right now since there's a chance the resort might reopen. Since you were encouraged to move, I was hopeful maybe they've already thrown the "only lateral moves" matrix out the window, LOL. We're POFQ Garden View, too. 12/1-12/5

$20 more a night is not bad for GDT, though! Wow!

She mentioned that ADRs should be available 60 days out

I really, really hope that the one positive that might come out of this whole mess is if they stick to 60 days for ADRs permanently. It would make so much sense, as 180 days is ludicrously far out - and it would be so much easier if dining and FassPass reservations (which are so closely linked as far as planning goes) could be done at the same time.

Andre

We had an early November room only at POFQ. We have been debating on waiting to change because we absolutely love Port Orleans. Called yesterday and switched to CBR and were upgraded to a preferred room at no extra charge. We will keep an eye out to see if PO-FQ opens, but I have a feeling it will not any time before the new year.

I really, really hope that the one positive that might come out of this whole mess is if they stick to 60 days for ADRs permanently. It would make so much sense, as 180 days is ludicrously far out - and it would be so much easier if dining and FassPass reservations (which are so closely linked as far as planning goes) could be done at the same time.

Andre
I agree 100%. The 180 day window is completely ridiculous. I hope they keep the 60 as well.

I finally got through to Disney and changed my Feb. 2021 reservation at POFQ to Coronado Springs in the Gran Destino Tower. I didn't want the tower but they offered me a price match and it's new and she says it's a little more than a moderate. (I hope they have coffee pots in the room....) I also added my park tickets. Now I have to pick my parks.

The CM said I was "smart" to change now, so I'm guessing POFQ will not be open by 2/21.

Sad because I didn't want to be in a tower. I like the smaller, more outside feel of POFQ. Well, next time....

We couldn't go on our POFQ trip in 2020 since it was closed, but we have been watching for it to be available for booking in 2021. We may have to book another option and possibly change to POFQ when it opens. Sure hoping it opens but I am guessing so far no one here has even the slightest hint for when that will be?

We couldn't go on our POFQ trip in 2020 since it was closed, but we have been watching for it to be available for booking in 2021. We may have to book another option and possibly change to POFQ when it opens. Sure hoping it opens but I am guessing so far no one here has even the slightest hint for when that will be?

I was able to book POFQ for late June a couple of days before they completely stopped all booking there for a month or so. So far, they haven't done anything to rebook me anywhere else so I'm cautiously optimistic that there's at least a chance it'll be open by then. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Just a small update: I called and the CM told me that they could only move me to Caribbean Beach, but couldn't price match my King room reservation at POFQ with an equivalent King room at CB. I know there is still 4 months until my Jan 5th arrival, but I really dislike not knowing where I am going to stay. And let's be honest, I am obsessing over this trip because of how much I am looking forward to it.
Anyways, I did not change my reservation and I am still set to arrive at POFQ in January.

Just a small update: I called and the CM told me that they could only move me to Caribbean Beach, but couldn't price match my King room reservation at POFQ with an equivalent King room at CB. I know there is still 4 months until my Jan 5th arrival, but I really dislike not knowing where I am going to stay. And let's be honest, I am obsessing over this trip because of how much I am looking forward to it.
Anyways, I did not change my reservation and I am still set to arrive at POFQ in January.
Wow...that's crazy they wouldn't price protect it for the same room type you had. I would've passed too. Try again in a few days...I'd just leave it until they offered something I'd be happy with.

It might be best to just leave it for now. At some point Disney will either decide to re-open POFQ (sadly I think that's looking less and less likely before January) or they will be forced to change your reservation anyway and move you to another hotel - but then it will be Disney that are on the back foot, and so more likely to make you a better offer.

Andre

It might be best to just leave it for now. At some point Disney will either decide to re-open POFQ (sadly I think that's looking less and less likely before January) or they will be forced to change your reservation anyway and move you to another hotel - but then it will be Disney that are on the back foot, and so more likely to make you a better offer.

Andre
I was thinking the exact same thing

I had POFQ garden room for Sept. and I was offered a Standard room at CBR. I requested a first floor room since there are no elevators at CBR CM insisted they could not guarantee such so I finally ended up cancelling. I called back several times and I did email guest services but by time they reached out to me I had already cancelled.
However when AP discount for 40% came out I did book split stay Poly Villas and CCV for my original Sept dates😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!