Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside Review

I might argue with you that POR is the BEST Mod on property. POFQ gives it a major run for it's money. Though we love both a lot and rarely find anything to complain about during our stays at either. We are doing both on our next trip

Disney doesn't do a good QS burger. Period. Never. Learned that a long time ago.

We just stayed in POFQ last time and I think they are both great properties. I love the way that POR is so spread out and they have two unique areas. The Royal Rooms are what make it the best for us.

Have so much fun staying at both! We just resort hopped during our last trip and it was so much fun!

And I agree with that for the most part. I think the only burger I have enjoyed was at Cosmic Ray's and I may have just gotten lucky!

Great review!!! We were thinking about PO-Riverside for our next trip but decided against it. However, the gorgeous room pictures certainly would have swayed my mind.

I do see INSANE lines for the PO hotels whenever we are waiting for a bus. Also, we stayed when I was little (maybe 12 or so); when pleasure island was still open, and the people coming back from there in the early hours made for an extremely noisy hotel. I was like 12 and still remember! This has left a bad mark on this resort in my families mind.

After reading this review, I will certainly consider this resort for a future trip!!

Great review!!! We were thinking about PO-Riverside for our next trip but decided against it. However, the gorgeous room pictures certainly would have swayed my mind.

I do see INSANE lines for the PO hotels whenever we are waiting for a bus. Also, we stayed when I was little (maybe 12 or so); when pleasure island was still open, and the people coming back from there in the early hours made for an extremely noisy hotel. I was like 12 and still remember! This has left a bad mark on this resort in my families mind.

After reading this review, I will certainly consider this resort for a future trip!!

Just a thought, if it's before 4:00 some of those waiting for buses could be those heading to DS.
In all our times staying at either PO resort we've found the buses to be pretty dang good. No better or worse than any other resorts's bus service.
In our experience they share less now than they once did

Port Orleans Riverside has always been one of our favorites, but I will not pay Disney prices to see, smell, or hear dogs on my vacation! (Not to mention fleas, ticks, etc.) Will not stay there again as long as it remains part dog kennel and part resort.

Thanks! I am glad that you enjoyed the photos, the room is 1000x more magical!

The buses can be bad, but mostly because there are so many stops at Riverside. If you don't plan it right, the ride can be really long!

Just a thought, if it's before 4:00 some of those waiting for buses could be those heading to DS.
In all our times staying at either PO resort we've found the buses to be pretty dang good. No better or worse than any other resorts's bus service.
In our experience they share less now than they once did

That is certainly one way you could do it!

Port Orleans Riverside has always been one of our favorites, but I will not pay Disney prices to see, smell, or hear dogs on my vacation! (Not to mention fleas, ticks, etc.) Will not stay there again as long as it remains part dog kennel and part resort.

No love for the puppies! Haha.

From my observations, dogs have become passengers on trips more and more and more. I feel like every time I get on a plane I see a little furry face sticking out of a carry-on!

My adult son and I got home two weeks ago today from WDW and POR. We won't stay anywhere else. I didn't bother with faxing a room request but had noted my preference on my reservation. When we arrived on the afternoon of Halloween we went to the check-in desk and simply asked cast member Richard for the building and floor we wanted. We may have even stayed in the same room on another trip. Don't know where we were assigned prior to arrival but we returned "home" to building we enjoy most.

We didn't eat much besides breakfast at the food court and we only did that about 3 times during the week. What I especially like is the Create Your Own Salad since I can get exactly what I want there.

In the morning we always drive the car to the main building. We leave our refillable mugs in the car so they are easy to pick up when we return from a park.

It was much warmer than it has been the first week in November on other trips. I kept telling my son I was going to jump in the quiet pool fully clothed! I didn't....

Room was very clean.
Boat to Disney Springs required a lengthy wait from DS but was easy to catch from POR.
Water Wheel was turning
Grounds were as beautiful as ever
Cast Members were friendly
Saw no dogs at all
Buses service was good.... no super long waits. But was the step down off the bus always as high as it is now? Or maybe I am just getting older!

Thanks for posting the review and photos from your stay at POR. I've not stayed there yet, but I think I will remedy that situation shortly. Excellent job, Alex Coleman!

My adult son and I got home two weeks ago today from WDW and POR. We won't stay anywhere else. I didn't bother with faxing a room request but had noted my preference on my reservation. When we arrived on the afternoon of Halloween we went to the check-in desk and simply asked cast member Richard for the building and floor we wanted. We may have even stayed in the same room on another trip. Don't know where we were assigned prior to arrival but we returned "home" to building we enjoy most.

We didn't eat much besides breakfast at the food court and we only did that about 3 times during the week. What I especially like is the Create Your Own Salad since I can get exactly what I want there.

In the morning we always drive the car to the main building. We leave our refillable mugs in the car so they are easy to pick up when we return from a park.

It was much warmer than it has been the first week in November on other trips. I kept telling my son I was going to jump in the quiet pool fully clothed! I didn't....

Room was very clean.
Boat to Disney Springs required a lengthy wait from DS but was easy to catch from POR.
Water Wheel was turning
Grounds were as beautiful as ever
Cast Members were friendly
Saw no dogs at all
Buses service was good.... no super long waits. But was the step down off the bus always as high as it is now? Or maybe I am just getting older!

Wow that is amazing that has only happened to us once (and it was at All-Star Movies)! Love that customer service!

The create-your-own stations are always great. I want to try the create-your-own pasta. I am also not a salad person! :)

I am glad you seemed to have a very pleasant trip! I happened to notice that sometimes the bus drivers sometimes do not kneel, but that is because they are so close to the curb, so I am not sure!

Thank you for your review - heading there in May and really looking forward to it.

Would anyone say that POR is better than French Quarter?

I would say that I prefer POR to FQ. I think the grounds and Royal Room choice makes it preferable to me. I do not think that makes FQ a bad resort, it is still probably one of our favorites.

Wow, thank you so much for your review. I enjoyed reading it and appreciate your honesty. We are planning on staying here next summer. The last time I stayed here it was called Dixie Landings, so a long time ago! I’m even more excited to stay here now. I was thinking about staying in the mansions, and since reading your review, I’m going to definitely request that area now.

I might argue with you that POR is the BEST Mod on property. POFQ gives it a major run for it's money. Though we love both a lot and rarely find anything to complain about during our stays at either. We are doing both on our next trip

Disney doesn't do a good QS burger. Period. Never. Learned that a long time ago.
You should try the burger in Disney Springs Deluxe Burger! Really good.

Would anyone say that POR is better than French Quarter?
Yes, although I enjoy both resorts, I prefer the grounds of Riverside. I like that the buildings are around the river, especially the mansions, and it seems a bit more relaxing than FQ which is more compact, buildings closer together. But some like that about pofq.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter