Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying at POR in October. What is the best stop to catch the bus at? We are staying in a Royal Guest Room, so we are limited in which buildings we stay in.

It depends where your room is. For some rooms (especially for some on the parking lot side of Oak Manor) it's a very short walk to the East Depot. For others it would be quicker to walk over the footbridge to the main building area and use the South Depot. Once you arrive give both a try and see which you prefer.

Could someone please clarify, are the boats at POR currently running?

As far as I know the Port Orleans boats are running fine. However the Old Key West service has been temporarily suspended, presumably while they clear vegetation from the route. Not sure if that one has reopened yet.

Andre

Could someone please clarify, are the boats at POR currently running? We arrive Saturday for 2 nights (first time staying here!) and are very excited to use the boats to Disney Springs. I read something today that said they were out of service due to Irma, but wasn't sure if this was accurate. Thanks!!

I just spoke with Disney about my booking for Tuesday at POR and she said everything is up and running and the POR and POFQ boats are back on their normal schedules.

It appears that the damage to Riverside due to Irma wasn't that bad.

Photo credit to /u/Lyonator from Reddit.

Tg017jr.jpg
We were staying about 3 doors down from this tree it was a scary night. Just wanted to comment on the great rooms manager at por riverside he was awesome he helped us out and checked in on us everday after we got stranded there from the hurricane. I cant praise him enough i will always stay at por and recommend it because of his great management.

This thread is amazing! Thank you to Andre and all his helpers for the time spent on this. It is overwhelming , so suggestions on what areas have gardenview rooms close to the action. I have clicked on the building layout to see the rooms, but, want to hear from those of you who have actually stayed in those rooms. It is just my husband and me. We did not request a preferred location.

Woot woot! We arrive Tuesday, too! :yay:
Yay!! I hope you have a lovely time!! It's our second year staying. We stayed last year and it was amazing!! Our favourite resort by far I love the boat rides to Disney springs and the walks along the river. The theaming is spot on and it's even better at nighttime. It's so beautiful!!

Yay!! I hope you have a lovely time!! It's our second year staying. We stayed last year and it was amazing!! Our favourite resort by far I love the boat rides to Disney springs and the walks along the river. The theaming is spot on and it's even better at nighttime. It's so beautiful!!

It's our first time at POR. We're usually a CBR family, but I'm excited about POR! We're spending a night at WL before POR because we changed plans last week pending Hurricane/TS José, but we're going to enjoy both resorts!

I rescheduled due to Irma. We were at ASMu and I was able to get a room at POR for Thanksgiving week, and paying the difference for a standard view Royal Room. I've stayed at POR twice before and love it. I have two questions about RR's.
If I request close to bridge for food court, would I be in be in the Oak building?
Am I correct in looking at the map and the South Depot would be the closest/best bus stop for RR's?

Hello

I know that Riverside and French Quarter our sister resorts and you can use the amenities for both.
My question is if you buy a refillable mug at Riverside our you able to use it at French Quarter as well?
Thanks

Hello

I know that Riverside and French Quarter our sister resorts and you can use the amenities for both.
My question is if you buy a refillable mug at Riverside our you able to use it at French Quarter as well?
Thanks
You can use your mug at any Disney World resort during your stay.

I rescheduled due to Irma. We were at ASMu and I was able to get a room at POR for Thanksgiving week, and paying the difference for a standard view Royal Room. I've stayed at POR twice before and love it. I have two questions about RR's.
If I request close to bridge for food court, would I be in be in the Oak building?
Am I correct in looking at the map and the South Depot would be the closest/best bus stop for RR's?
The foot bridge is right by the quiet pool between Oak Manor and Parterre Place. If you're in Oak Manor I thing East Depot would be closest. It was the one we used anyway. I prefer East Depot over the main South Depot which can be crowded and chaotic.

Just wanted to comment on the great rooms manager at por riverside he was awesome he helped us out and checked in on us everday after we got stranded there from the hurricane. I cant praise him enough i will always stay at por and recommend it because of his great management.

Was his name David by any chance?

Thank you to Andre and all his helpers for the time spent on this.

You're very welcome. I didn't know I had helpers though, are they going to want paying now? :worried:

In a standard Royal Room you will most likely be on the parking lot side of the building, so asking for "close to food court" would perhaps most likely put you in Oak - but there are some in Parterre not too far away too.

The South Depot is closest from the river facing areas, but on the other side (especially from Oak) you may find the East Depot is closer. Have a quick walk over to each once you're checked in and see which works best for you from your room. You may find it better to use South outgoing, but save a few minutes by getting off at East on the way back.

Andre

Was his name David by any chance?
No I think it was sahl

You're very welcome. I didn't know I had helpers though, are they going to want paying now? :worried:

In a standard Royal Room you will most likely be on the parking lot side of the building, so asking for "close to food court" would perhaps most likely put you in Oak - but there are some in Parterre not too far away too.

The South Depot is closest from the river facing areas, but on the other side (especially from Oak) you may find the East Depot is closer. Have a quick walk over to each once you're checked in and see which works best for you from your room. You may find it better to use South outgoing, but save a few minutes by getting off at East on the way back.

Andre

I posted the following on the restaurants board several days ago but unfortunately I have not received a single response. I hope it is OK to post my questions here as they are all POR related. :thanks:

Gluten Free at POR:
I'm stayin at POR in mid-November and am wondering if anyone can offer some up-to-date info on the gluten free options? Most of the info that I have found online is dated and I'm not sure if it still applies. Some of the things I am wondering about:
  • GF at the food court for breakfast and lunches: What are some of the choices? Do you still need to provide advance notice to the special diets department? GF Mickey waffles? GF fried foods? GF pizza?
  • GF beignets at POFQ: still a thing? Advanced ordering needed? If so, how far in advance?
  • Ole Man Island pool bar -- is there anything GF at all available there?
  • GF at Boatwrights seems to have the most current info online, but I would love to hear any feedback from GF diners who have been there recently.

Many thanks to everyone, I'll be at POR for the first time ever in 52 days!

I posted the following on the restaurants board several days ago but unfortunately I have not received a single response. I hope it is OK to post my questions here as they are all POR related. :thanks:

Gluten Free at POR:
I'm stayin at POR in mid-November and am wondering if anyone can offer some up-to-date info on the gluten free options? Most of the info that I have found online is dated and I'm not sure if it still applies. Some of the things I am wondering about:
  • GF at the food court for breakfast and lunches: What are some of the choices? Do you still need to provide advance notice to the special diets department? GF Mickey waffles? GF fried foods? GF pizza?
  • GF beignets at POFQ: still a thing? Advanced ordering needed? If so, how far in advance?
  • GF at Boatwrights seems to have the most current info online, but I would love to hear any feedback from GF diners who have been there recently.

Try checking the menus at www.allears.net or checking the PO website at www.portorleans.org. You might find a lot of information there.

Gluten Free at POR:

I'll be going in less 7 days, I'll let you know what I find out when I get back. I can only eat gluten free. I'll be having dinner at Boatwright's too. I'm hoping the gluten free beignets are still a thing. I don't know if I'll make it to the pool or not but I'll try to get an answer.

I don't eat any flours, and there was plenty of stuff to eat for breakfast at Riverside Mill: omelettes, sausage, eggs, bacon, potatoes. You won't go hungry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter