Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you, that is what I thought I had until someone said you couldn't book royal rooms. So I went back and double checked.

I think you misunderstood. The PP said you can't request a Royal Room. Requests are for non-bookable traits that don't have a monetary value attached to them--far away from the elevator, ground floor, etc. Bookable traits are for defined rooms and views--Royal Rooms, garden view, pool view, etc.

Just booked for March 10-16, 2018! I've never booked this late, planning is in overdrive...but I'm crazy excited! We haven't stayed here since 2006. They had the trundle beds back then. Hoping to get Alligator Bayou in bldg 16 or 17, we have a Garden View room. Are those buildings good choices, since I don't have Preferred?

We are booked to stay at POR for the first time in August and have found this thread so helpful so far. We have booked a Royal Room as a surprise for my DD and my question is around the upcoming room refurbs. I know they are removing the carpet from all rooms, which for the Royal Rooms will mean removing 'Aladdin's Magic Carpet'. As they have already removed the bedding and now the carpet is going I am wondering if it is still worth paying the premium for this room category when the features are being removed. We are coming from the UK for 14 nights so the additional cost is quite significant. Any thoughts?

We are booked to stay at POR in November! This will be our second time at POR. In 2015 we stayed in a Royal Room. Looking forward to staying in Alligator Bayou or Magnolia Bend this trip.

We are booked to stay at POR for the first time in August and have found this thread so helpful so far. We have booked a Royal Room as a surprise for my DD and my question is around the upcoming room refurbs. I know they are removing the carpet from all rooms, which for the Royal Rooms will mean removing 'Aladdin's Magic Carpet'. As they have already removed the bedding and now the carpet is going I am wondering if it is still worth paying the premium for this room category when the features are being removed. We are coming from the UK for 14 nights so the additional cost is quite significant. Any thoughts?
What a shame! I have not been in a RR but it is on my bucket list. This makes me unsure about wanting to go to a RR in the future. Laminate floors remind me of a hospital.

Quick question- we've stayed at POR a number of times but never with a baby. We are planning to reschedule our next trip to march 2019 to include what would be our then 7 month old (approx). I think we can request a pack and play or rent a full sized crib - does anyone have experience with either of these and how did they fit in the rooms? I know I've read about putting them behind the curtain in the sink area but I really have no gauge of size and how possible this really is?

We will be staying at POR for the first time this weekend. We have never stayed at or even visited POR or POFQ so we are totally new to the area. We will not be arriving until after 11pm. Are the buildings clearly marked? Is the resort easy to figure out even after dark?

Breakfast- We will be moving our girls in for the DCP on Monday and would like to have a good breakfast in the morning before we get started. I know there are no sit down restaurants at POR, but was wondering if there are any good ones nearby at DS or even off property?

We will be staying at POR for the first time this weekend. We have never stayed at or even visited POR or POFQ so we are totally new to the area. We will not be arriving until after 11pm. Are the buildings clearly marked? Is the resort easy to figure out even after dark?
The rooms in the mansion buildings are well marked, but the rooms in the buildings in Alligator Bayou are very tricky to find. I suggest that you have a CM show you exactly where your room is on a map when you check in. You might want to look at the resort map on the first page of this thread to get an idea of the layout of the resort. :)

Breakfast- We will be moving our girls in for the DCP on Monday and would like to have a good breakfast in the morning before we get started. I know there are no sit down restaurants at POR, but was wondering if there are any good ones nearby at DS or even off property?

Will you have your own transportation or be relying on Disney transportation? I would just grab breakfast in Riverside Mill Food Court if it's the latter.

This has probably been said a thousand times but maybe someone will read page this and it will help them:

We were recently at Port Orleans Riverside and our room happened to be closest to the West Depot bus stop. We really lucked out because the buses pick up at the West Depot first so the buses were always empty and we never had any issues getting on a bus or getting a seat. Since it is the first stop for pick up that also makes it the first stop for drop-off. Definitely were happy to be there and not closer to the South Depot which is in the front of the main entrance, they get picked up last and often had little room and there were always TONS of people out there. So if you want to make a reservation I would ask them to please put you in a building by the West Depot if those rooms work out for you.

This has probably been said a thousand times but maybe someone will read page this and it will help them:

We were recently at Port Orleans Riverside and our room happened to be closest to the West Depot bus stop. We really lucked out because the buses pick up at the West Depot first so the buses were always empty and we never had any issues getting on a bus or getting a seat. Since it is the first stop for pick up that also makes it the first stop for drop-off. Definitely were happy to be there and not closer to the South Depot which is in the front of the main entrance, they get picked up last and often had little room and there were always TONS of people out there. So if you want to make a reservation I would ask them to please put you in a building by the West Depot if those rooms work out for you.

Heading there next week - this is good to know, thanks!

Quick question- we've stayed at POR a number of times but never with a baby. We are planning to reschedule our next trip to march 2019 to include what would be our then 7 month old (approx). I think we can request a pack and play or rent a full sized crib - does anyone have experience with either of these and how did they fit in the rooms? I know I've read about putting them behind the curtain in the sink area but I really have no gauge of size and how possible this really is?

We've never rented a crib. We always use the resort provided pack-n-play. It fits really nicely behind the curtain in the sink area.

My flight doesn't arrive until almost midnight. Am I just out of luck for any food?

Pretty much I'm afraid, apart from the snack dispenser machines. Either bring something with you, or see if there's anything open at the airport. Or if you are hiring a car, stop off at WalMart or somewhere else that's open 24 hours.

Andre

This is great advice - thank you! We are travelling with another family in 11 days (yay!) and our TA has already put in our requests. Fingers crossed we are near West Depot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter