Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Here at POR now. FYI there is construction going on so the busses are all running S-W-N-E for pick-up and drop-off. After the East bus stop the bus has to turn into a parking lot and then turn around and go back around the resort because the road that completes the loop is blocked off after the East bus stop so the busses can't make a complete loop around the resort.

Could you let me know what type of construction is going on. We will be there April 17-23 and I checked the refurb schedules prior to booking and there was not supposed to be any refurbs at POR during that time. I know there is no guarantee but if anything affects the pools or is major construction I might think of rebooking.

Could you let me know what type of construction is going on. We will be there April 17-23 and I checked the refurb schedules prior to booking and there was not supposed to be any refurbs at POR during that time.

Sorry, I misread the earlier post as a POFQ construction question. There is no major work due at Riverside for a while, not until the first Alligator Bayou room refurbs start later in the year, and those will be just one building at a time so will have no impact at all on other guest rooms.

There is a road closure near the Royal Rooms at the moment for emergency utility work, but that should only last a few more days.

Andre

Sorry, I misread the earlier post as a POFQ construction question. There is no major work due at Riverside for a while, not until the first Alligator Bayou room refurbs start later in the year, and those will be just one building at a time so will have no impact at all on other guest rooms.

There is a road closure near the Royal Rooms at the moment for emergency utility work, but that should only last a few more days.

Andre

Thank you for clarifying that. :)

Andre

Thank you for clarifying that. :)
Yes, thank you! I don't mind dealing with some construction (looking at you, Yacht Club circa 2017!!!), but was hoping our POR visit would be ahead of the refurb.

I may post in the disney families forum if I don't get any answers but figured I'd try here first.

We are staying at Riverside at the end of April for a week. This will be our first trip with our son who will be 13 months at the time. Just wondering if anyone can give me some insight regarding size and the pack n play. Which rooms would fit the pack n play a bit better...Alligator Bayou or Mansions? Do all Alligator Bayou rooms have a murphy bed? From what I can tell, the sink area looks bigger in those rooms (which is where I'll put the crib most likely) but the murphy beds definitely eliminate some room space. We've stayed in the mansion section and loved it but wouldn't mind trying something new. Any opinions?

A Pack'n'Play will fit in fine in both room types, the rooms are exactly the same size. The AB rooms do have the fold-down bed unit instead of a chest of drawers, but you wouldn't want to put the pack'n'play there anyway so it doesn't really make much difference. The wash areas are exactly the same (apart from the decor).

Andre

I may post in the disney families forum if I don't get any answers but figured I'd try here first.

We are staying at Riverside at the end of April for a week. This will be our first trip with our son who will be 13 months at the time. Just wondering if anyone can give me some insight regarding size and the pack n play. Which rooms would fit the pack n play a bit better...Alligator Bayou or Mansions? Do all Alligator Bayou rooms have a murphy bed? From what I can tell, the sink area looks bigger in those rooms (which is where I'll put the crib most likely) but the murphy beds definitely eliminate some room space. We've stayed in the mansion section and loved it but wouldn't mind trying something new. Any opinions?
The mansion rooms have a real dresser with drawers. The AB has large drawers under the Murphy bed which make them inconvenient. I would pick the mansions for that reason.

That's always my theory too. Ask in your request if an upgrade might be available, and mention that you would be happy to pay the price difference. In my experience they rarely (never?) ask for an extra fee and do it as a "pixie dust" upgrade, but it just puts you in a better light and does not seem like you are merely asking for something you have not paid for.

Andre

I've booked through an agency who's name I cannot mention and the deal is for standard view rooms only. If I can luck out as @Sue M mentioned earlier and get a decent standard view room in AB, that'd be great...DD15 and I really want to soak in the resort's beauty on our first-ever, highly-anticipated mother-daughter Disney vacay :hug: so a nice view is important to us. However, if I mention that I would pay for an upgrade to garden view, would I lose my discount? (and of course, then defeat the purpose of getting a discount in the first place) Or would I only be charged the difference between the regularly priced SV and GV rooms? I guess what I am asking is...is there a steadfast rule for this or is it subjective to the cast member serving me? :thanks:

I've booked through an agency who's name I cannot mention and the deal is for standard view rooms only. If I can luck out as @Sue M mentioned earlier and get a decent standard view room in AB, that'd be great...DD15 and I really want to soak in the resort's beauty on our first-ever, highly-anticipated mother-daughter Disney vacay :hug: so a nice view is important to us. However, if I mention that I would pay for an upgrade to garden view, would I lose my discount? (and of course, then defeat the purpose of getting a discount in the first place) Or would I only be charged the difference between the regularly priced SV and GV rooms? I guess what I am asking is...is there a steadfast rule for this or is it subjective to the cast member serving me? :thanks:
Last year we had the same deal. We ended up with a Garden View room.

I would ask the cm at the check in desk. They probably would know the best locations and who knows maybe there might be a little pixie dust added.

However, if I mention that I would pay for an upgrade to garden view, would I lose my discount?

If that did happen and the price went up by too much, you could always decline the upgrade offer and go back to your original discounted Standard View room.

Andre

We booked our room the same way and ended up in AB preferred, 1802 to be exact. We did fax in a request-mansion room close to food court and mentioned we were excited to bring our kids to Disney for the first time. The CM checking us in specifically mentioned that it was the kids first trip and our family's first time at POR.

Any upgrade I’ve gotten (anywhere) I’ve never requested. Mom/daughter trips are the best! Enjoy.
We are so, so excited!
We booked our room the same way and ended up in AB preferred, 1802 to be exact. We did fax in a request-mansion room close to food court and mentioned we were excited to bring our kids to Disney for the first time. The CM checking us in specifically mentioned that it was the kids first trip and our family's first time at POR.
Ooh that must've been a nice perk to your trip! I had forgotten to mention my daughter's upcoming birthday, in my request, and that this is our first mother-daughter trip! Gonna add them...might help make some magic happen :tinker:

We booked in a similar manner with standard view rooms as the only ones with the travel agent's discount. I was worried about the view, too. So I had the travel agent request a room with a nice view. And that is what we got. :) We also requested a room close to the main pool and far away from the dog areas, and we got that too. :)

Getting more and more excited, 72 days til we leave and 73 till we arrive at POR! I just love looking at the pictures of this beautiful resort and can't wait to stay for the first time :)

Getting more and more excited, 72 days til we leave and 73 till we arrive at POR! I just love looking at the pictures of this beautiful resort and can't wait to stay for the first time :)
77 days until we get to POR for our 4th visit, and I've been spending way too much time kicking myself and asking why we haven't been back there sooner!!! You will LOVE it!!! :love:

Just saw the mention of refurbishment at PORS starting in July. We are going to be there for 11 days in August and have a Riverview room booked (had to book Riverview room to get the bounceback offer). We would like the preferred section at AB but not sure if that can happen. We've only ever stayed AB section and love it, although I'm sure we'd like the Mansion area too. Does anyone know what section of AB they are starting refurbishments in? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter