Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Ok
I wasn’t sure if it was that fax number or if I should be looking specifically for something that said room assignor.

Thanks a bunch!

Maybe she did miss stocking it because ours definitely didn't have one, we searched high and low lol

However the hair dryers are now in small black pouch bags, usually left on the top shelf in the vanity area, so they are now much easier to miss than when they were mounted on the walls.

Andre
Hmmm, we searched high and low for ours and couldn't find it. Maybe the housekeeper didn't restock it?

Just checked in today! Love the resort so far, it's gorgeous. I saw the post about no hair dryers so I packed one. We do have a hairdryer, though it easily could have been missed. It was hidden behind the washboard section of the sink. (Alligator Bayou section.) I had to look behind it to see it.

Just checked in today! Love the resort so far, it's gorgeous. I saw the post about no hair dryers so I packed one. We do have a hairdryer, though it easily could have been missed. It was hidden behind the washboard section of the sink. (Alligator Bayou section.) I had to look behind it to see it.

Glad you mentioned that! I forgot mine was under the sink. I don't use a hairdryer, but I never would have looked there if I needed it. I was storing some things under there, so that's why I found it.

Just got back from our 2 night stay. After checking out our assigned Alligator Bayou Building 26, we went to front desk and asked to be moved to one of the buildings in magnolia bend. We got Acadian House building 80, room 8105. The AB room was so far away from the parking lot for us and had a view of the forest/trees at the edge of the property (not really the “garden” view we were hoping for). Plus just felt very dark and dreary. They moved us no problem and we loved that new location! I still am personally partial to Caribbean beach as far as moderates go, but it’s mostly just because of the theming and I think I have such a nostalgic connection to it from my childhood. The room felt a little dated but was still nice and it was a great location close to the quiet pool and not far from the bridge connecting to the pool and the food court area. Food court at FQ was better than RS
food-wise, but was def smaller and took longer to get food over there as opposed to RS. Drinks at the pool bar were AMAZING and some of the best we ever had on property anywhere. Boats to and from Disney springs were often slow and took a very long time, but convenient enough I suppose. Only bus we took was to AK and took about 12 min to arrive and then another 20 min to get there- wasn’t too bad. All in all, we had a lot of fun and enjoyed the weekend there!
E61740A5-4129-43E8-897B-DC391128C28D.jpeg 647A6663-B6FB-4097-A015-1A690B0703AA.jpeg E6B773ED-9C25-4801-BDAA-8E3BF9854FE9.jpeg BE3EB5D4-1106-46AE-85F7-4C723440CF29.jpeg

Where are the laundry rooms located? Do they sell detergent (pods) or should I bring my own? Do I need money to use the machines or can I charge to my magic band? Thanks!

Where are the laundry rooms located? Do they sell detergent (pods) or should I bring my own? Do I need money to use the machines or can I charge to my magic band? Thanks!
Washing machines and dryers are located in laundry rooms near to each of the quiet/leisure pools at Riverside and also behind Mardi Grogs (near to the Doubloon Lagoon pool) at French Quarter. Washing costs $3.00 per load, payable only via credit card (the price was increased from $2.00 to $2.50 on 28 April 2015, and then to $3.00 sometime around the start of 2016). Individual portions of various detergents/etc — currently Tide, Clorox, Ultra-Downy and Bounce — are available for a further $1 if you haven’t brought your own. The dryers now also cost $3.00 per hour.

Washing machines and dryers are located in laundry rooms near to each of the quiet/leisure pools at Riverside and also behind Mardi Grogs (near to the Doubloon Lagoon pool) at French Quarter. Washing costs $3.00 per load, payable only via credit card (the price was increased from $2.00 to $2.50 on 28 April 2015, and then to $3.00 sometime around the start of 2016). Individual portions of various detergents/etc — currently Tide, Clorox, Ultra-Downy and Bounce — are available for a further $1 if you haven’t brought your own. The dryers now also cost $3.00 per hour.

Thank you!

Checked in earlier this evening! Finally Got our bags just a few minutes ago and a few of the suitcases were wet so some clothes were damp/wet, is there anyone to tell, I don’t want to seem petty it’s just an inconvenience.
Thoughts?? Thank you!

Checked in earlier this evening! Finally Got our bags just a few minutes ago and a few of the suitcases were wet so some clothes were damp/wet, is there anyone to tell, I don’t want to seem petty it’s just an inconvenience.
Thoughts?? Thank you!

You could contact the company that picks up, transports and delivers them; Bags Inc.
(407) 739-1993
DMica@airportbags.com

Hi - we are staying for the first time in 2 weeks. We booked a River View Royal Room. It's just a very quick trip before a cruise. I'd love to hear what your favorite locations are or your favorite room requests for RV RR. I'm hoping for a really nice view of the river. Thanks!

Hello all, just booked here for the first time in September. We are in a Royal Room with a Standard view. Wondering which rooms would be the best convenience wise for the Food Court and the busses? I was looking at the touring plans room locator and it looks like most of the views are of a pillar or a huge tree and not really anything else unless we upgrade to a river view and even then it doesn't seem like the best view. I am trying to learn all about POR since I have only stayed at All Star Sports a few times and Caribbean once

Just returned from a terrific stay at POR....Arcadian House, room 8061. I had forgotten the lack of outlets and forgot to bring a power strip! We also found that some outlets were sporadic as far as complete charging! But, housekeeping did a good job, the room was clean and well stocked. The bath area had the new wall mounted dispensers. I prefer hard soap so bring my own now.
I've stayed in AB, building 35 before, and it was a hike to the food court. But we usually used the West Depot and didn't have a huge issue with buses. This past stay I used the North and South depots...occasionally used West just to walk around. Yes, the bus can make several stops, but it's the price you stay for staying at these spread out resorts.
I was slightly disappointed in the food court this time around. I'm a pretty basic eater, but had issues finding something that appealed to me. That hasn't been the case in the past.
All in all, I love POR, and look forward to my Sept stay there.

Hello all, just booked here for the first time in September. We are in a Royal Room with a Standard view. Wondering which rooms would be the best convenience wise for the Food Court and the busses?
Oak Manor is closest to East Depot so that would best convenience wise to the buses. It's a bit farther away from the food court than Parterre Place. Look at 19, 20, 21 and 22 on any of the floors of Oak Manor. They might fit your needs.

Just got back from an 8 day stay, AB 2618, got all my requests! Great mouse keeping service, had to call for a slow bathtub drain and it was fixed the same day. I can't say enough about the positive resort experience, dining experiences (BOG breakfast and dinner, Sci Fi Dine in, Teppan Edo, Beaches and Cream, Chef Mickey Breakfast, Ohana dinner, Tusker House, and Raglan Road)and of course a BIG Thanks to all the information on the board, I was more than prepared for our trip after a 12 year hiatus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter