Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We just returned from out 7 night stay. I faxed my room request 5 days before we left and every single request was granted. We had garden view booked and I asked for closest area to Ole Man Island and my two request in the DME were ground floor and corner. We were put in Magnolia Bend room 8510. The room looked dated and in my opinion the carpet didn't looked vacuum well, but it was clean. The air conditioner worked great but the ceiling fan would wobble and make noise if you turned it up any higher than slow. The pillows were the worst I have ever slept on! They were so flat and you could tell where they were folded over through the years for added thickness because the middle part was almost bare (that is my biggest complaint with our room and no I didn't complain to anyone, just made do with them). The soap, shampoo, and conditioner refill bottles on the wall were empty our very first night and we did call the next day to request they be filled and when we returned that evening they were, but the lock was not closed correctly so the bottles were slide around when you used the pumped. The overall resort was beautiful though! I really enjoyed the walk from our room to the main lobby where the food court and store is located. We declined Mouse keeping because I"m the type who keeps our room clean anyway and it didn't take no time to straighten our bed each morning. We received a $60 gift card that was emailed to use right away for use. We did call and ask for fresh towels and for the garbage to be emptied on our 3rd day and when we returned that evening those two request were handled. They also came on the 6th day and replenished towels and emptied trash, even though we didn't need it at that time, but it was nice though. The buses in the morning were no problem with less than a 10 minute wait for any park we were going to that day. The buses leaving the park in the evening were awful. We always could tell which line was for our resort, because it kept the longest line. We always had to wait for a 2nd bus in the evenings due to how long the lines were. We couldn't figure it out, we just guessed everyone choose POR since the other two moderates were having heavy construction at this time.

Last edited:
We are debating between Pop Century Preferred room or POR royal guest room for our visit the 1st week of May 2020 to celebrate our daugther's preschool graduation. Does POR royal guest rooms have queen beds? Can you get a royal guest room that is a preferred room closer to the main building and transportation? Does POR share buses with POFQ or do they have their own buses? Does the pool have a water slide?

Does POR royal guest rooms have queen beds? Can you get a royal guest room that is a preferred room closer to the main building and transportation?
Take a look at this: https://www.portorleans.org/royal-rooms.php
Both buildings are fairly close to the main buildings.
Does POR share buses with POFQ or do they have their own buses? Does the pool have a water slide?
The sometimes share buses.
Pics and info on the pool: https://www.portorleans.org/ol-man-island.php

Hello POR friends! :wave: I am having surgery on my back in six weeks and have had to cancel my entire 16 day Orlando vacation including POR from 10/19 to checking out 10/27. Our room was a preferred Alligator Bayou room and from what I can see right now there are not a lot left so jump on my cancellation is you can.

Hello POR friends! :wave: I am having surgery on my back in six weeks and have had to cancel my entire 16 day Orlando vacation including POR from 10/19 to checking out 10/27. Our room was a preferred Alligator Bayou room and from what I can see right now there are not a lot left so jump on my cancellation is you can.

I am so sorry to hear about you having to cancel your vacation agavegirl1, and especially about your back surgery. I hope that all goes well for you. :lovestruc
I understand the feeling though, because we had to cancel our Nov. 2015 trip when I was scheduled for heart surgery at the end of that Sept. I just did not think I would be recovered enough for Disney. Turns out, we made the right decision.
I am a little nervous about our upcoming trip this Nov, as it will be the first time we've gone back since my heart surgery. I am recovered, but not quite the same "me" that I was was pre DX and surgery. Hubby says we will just take it slow and easy :flower1:

We just returned from out 7 night stay. I faxed my room request 5 days before we left and every single request was granted. We had garden view booked and I asked for closest area to Ole Man Island and my two request in the DME were ground floor and corner. We were put in Magnolia Bend room 8510. The room looked dated and in my opinion the carpet didn't looked vacuum well, but it was clean. The air conditioner worked great but the ceiling fan would wobble and make noise if you turned it up any higher than slow. The pillows were the worst I have ever slept on! They were so flat and you could tell where they were folded over through the years for added thickness because the middle part was almost bare (that is my biggest complaint with our room and no I didn't complain to anyone, just made do with them). The soap, shampoo, and conditioner refill bottles on the wall were empty our very first night and we did call the next day to request they be filled and when we returned that evening they were, but the lock was not closed correctly so the bottles were slide around when you used the pumped. The overall resort was beautiful though! I really enjoyed the walk from our room to the main lobby where the food court and store is located. We declined Mouse keeping because I"m the type who keeps our room clean anyway and it didn't take no time to straighten our bed each morning. We received a $60 gift card that was emailed to use right away for use. We did call and ask for fresh towels and for the garbage to be emptied on our 3rd day and when we returned that evening those two request were handled. They also came on the 6th day and replenished towels and emptied trash, even though we didn't need it at that time, but it was nice though. The buses in the morning were no problem with less than a 10 minute wait for any park we were going to that day. The buses leaving the park in the evening were awful. We always could tell which line was for our resort, because it kept the longest line. We always had to wait for a 2nd bus in the evenings due to how long the lines were. We couldn't figure it out, we just guessed everyone choose POR since the other two moderates were having heavy construction at this time.
To combat the busses it is always a good idea to take the French quarter bus and walk over to por.

We are arriving tomorrow for our 11-night stay! :yay: After planning this trip for the past 2 years it's hard to believe we will finally be there. I just put on the Magical Express tags on the suitcases and it's real now and I hope that everything will go smoothly.

Have a great trip and safe travels! We arrive on Monday.

Got back from our split stay on Tuesday. I faxed in a room request, and didn't get the building I'd asked for but got the one next to it, so that worked out well (AB 3948). Buses were what they were; we used Minnie Van / Uber several times when the wait times were ridiculous or not posted, although THAT really was more of a Disney Transportation issue than anything to do with POR. I really HAD forgotten how BEAUTIFUL that resort truly is, and walking around it is such a pleasure. We enjoyed our meals a LOT, tried fishing / feeding the fish:rotfl:for the first time and that was fun. Two quibbles: the AC in our room was LOUD. The first night it was making this horrible grinding noise, so I called maintenance and they fixed it while we went to the parks (it was a loose cover), but even without the grinding, it was still super noisy. Fortunately DS can sleep through almost anything, and it wasn't enough to keep me awake. Despite the noise, it worked beautifully and the room was always VERY comfortable. Second quibble, and nothing POR could change, were the horrible yellow biting flies. I'd NEVER experienced them before, and I discovered I had at least a mild allergy to them. The first bites I got are now nearly 2 weeks old, and they are STILL itchy. WTH, Florida????? :sad1:

Again, those were VERY minor issues and absolutely nothing that detracted from the joy of our stay. We're hoping we'll return next June! :love:

Got back from our split stay on Tuesday. I faxed in a room request, and didn't get the building I'd asked for but got the one next to it, so that worked out well (AB 3948). Buses were what they were; we used Minnie Van / Uber several times when the wait times were ridiculous or not posted, although THAT really was more of a Disney Transportation issue than anything to do with POR. I really HAD forgotten how BEAUTIFUL that resort truly is, and walking around it is such a pleasure. We enjoyed our meals a LOT, tried fishing / feeding the fish:rotfl:for the first time and that was fun. Two quibbles: the AC in our room was LOUD. The first night it was making this horrible grinding noise, so I called maintenance and they fixed it while we went to the parks (it was a loose cover), but even without the grinding, it was still super noisy. Fortunately DS can sleep through almost anything, and it wasn't enough to keep me awake. Despite the noise, it worked beautifully and the room was always VERY comfortable. Second quibble, and nothing POR could change, were the horrible yellow biting flies. I'd NEVER experienced them before, and I discovered I had at least a mild allergy to them. The first bites I got are now nearly 2 weeks old, and they are STILL itchy. WTH, Florida????? :sad1:

Again, those were VERY minor issues and absolutely nothing that detracted from the joy of our stay. We're hoping we'll return next June! :love:

I’m glad you had a great vacation! When you rode the busses, did you notice if they were shared with FQ? We arrive Monday and cannot wait.

When you rode the busses, did you notice if they were shared with FQ?

It varies by destination park and also by time of day. See www.portorleans.org/buses.php. Some never share (e.g. Magic Kingdom) and some mostly do share (e.g. Animal Kingdom). They can also adjust on the fly, to make things even more confusing! FQ is usually the first pickup (or dropoff) whenever they do share.

Andre

Sorry if this has been asked over and over, but..

On an 8 night stay, 4 adults and one teenager (15) can 5 comfortably stay at POR? It would be me, dw, dd (22), dd (19) and dnephew (15). And is there enough room for a single blow up mattress as well?

Thanks,

Sorry if this has been asked over and over, but..

On an 8 night stay, 4 adults and one teenager (15) can 5 comfortably stay at POR? It would be me, dw, dd (22), dd (19) and dnephew (15). And is there enough room for a single blow up mattress as well?
I would say no, five people would be uncomfortable in one room. Yes, the is enough floor space for a small blow-up mattress but that would add to the congestion in those 314 SqFt rooms.

I (personally) was uncomfortable with three adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter