Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I apologize if this has been asked already. Does POR still accept faxes room requests?

For what it's worth, I faxed my request 5 days before my trip and they had nothing noted. They switched me without issue so if you don't get what you want it doesn't hurt to ask to be moved.

I booked my 50th birthday trip to POR last night for next August. What a thrill to go into MDE and see that picture and my reservation. I booked garden view to secure a lower priced room. Trying to strategize for free dining but i think locking in tickets now and paying for food oop will be my best path. 4th trip to POR since 2012. Cant wait to start planning!

Reactions: DLo
I booked my 50th birthday trip to POR last night for next August. What a thrill to go into MDE and see that picture and my reservation. I booked garden view to secure a lower priced room. Trying to strategize for free dining but i think locking in tickets now and paying for food oop will be my best path. 4th trip to POR since 2012. Cant wait to start planning!
It will be easy to apply a room only discount if one is released later for your dates. :)

T
It will be easy to apply a room only discount if one is released later for your dates. :)
Thank you! I havent booked directly through disney since they added the modify button. I am hoping i will be able to modify into a room only discount if one matches up. I know i will be kicking myself if the free dining promotion doesn't apply to my dates and i don't secure tickets before the next increase, so i think that is the way i will go. We are headed back in 2020 and there would be the potential to save undercover tourist tickets to apply against 2020 tickets, but i worry that option will go away and i will be stuck.

Hello! Just wondering what is currently going on with construction? I am thinking about going end of November and wanted to know what to expect.

Only 6 weeks away for me! Question about bus to AK: I used that route calculator on our laughing place and it said the buses to AK stop at BB adding 20 minutes to travel time. Is this accurate?

Only 6 weeks away for me! Question about bus to AK: I used that route calculator on our laughing place and it said the buses to AK stop at BB adding 20 minutes to travel time. Is this accurate?
That is really old information. The AK bus no longer stops at Blizzard Beach. It goes straight to AK. Now, if you want to go to BB you go to AK first and then pick up the BB bus in the AK bus depot. It has been this way for at least a year now.

That is really old information. The AK bus no longer stops at Blizzard Beach. It goes straight to AK. Now, if you want to go to BB you go to AK first and then pick up the BB bus in the AK bus depot. It has been this way for at least a year now.

Thanks! I was thinking I hadn’t heard of that. So the bus ride there should only take around 10 minutes?

It takes a while to get to AK since it isn't very close to POR. I would guess that it would be at least 20 minutes. :)

Thanks! I guess that site isn’t useful at all anyway then. It said 28 minutes and that included 20 extra minutes to stop at BB. :confused3 Just trying to get a feel for what times we need to catch each bus. It said 14 mins to HS and 17 mins to MK. Do either of those sound accurate?

Thanks! I guess that site isn’t useful at all anyway then. It said 28 minutes and that included 20 extra minutes to stop at BB. :confused3 Just trying to get a feel for what times we need to catch each bus. It said 14 mins to HS and 17 mins to MK. Do either of those sound accurate?
MK is pretty close to POR, so I would say that 10 minutes once the bus has finished loading. There are four bus stops within the resort, so the length of time to a park depends on where you get on. The bus to HS is probably about 14 minutes.

For the EMMH at HS which opens at 7 am, what time do the POR buses start running? How is the quick service at the Resort? Is there a best location to stay? It will be our 1st time staying there next Sat so any advice is much appreciated!

Currently we are scheduled to stay at Pop Century. However my husband saw the Royal Rooms at Riverside and now wants to switch.
But before we make the leap I just have a few questions.

What is the order of the bus stops? Does the bus go to the South bus stop which seems to be by the lobby first?

I personally don't really want to switch if we will only be standing room on the buses.

Also how far of a walk is it from the Royal buildings to the main lobby with the restaurants and then also the main bus stop?

Thanks

Currently we are scheduled to stay at Pop Century. However my husband saw the Royal Rooms at Riverside and now wants to switch.
But before we make the leap I just have a few questions.

What is the order of the bus stops? Does the bus go to the South bus stop which seems to be by the lobby first?

I personally don't really want to switch if we will only be standing room on the buses.

Also how far of a walk is it from the Royal buildings to the main lobby with the restaurants and then also the main bus stop?

Thanks

I'm here right now in a Royal Room. The busses go West-North-East-South, then out to the parks, so South is the last bus stop. I've used that one exclusively for the past 2 days and haven't had to stand yet. I'm in Building 95, and it takes about 3 minutes to walk to the main lobby and maybe 5 to walk to the South bus stop. Much quicker walking than I expected.

Have you recently updated the menus on your website, @andrewilley ? I noticed that your menus for Riverside Mill are different than the WDW menus online. I know theirs are not always up to date, but I wondered how new yours were.

Have you recently updated the menus on your website, @andrewilley ? I noticed that your menus for Riverside Mill are different than the WDW menus online. I know theirs are not always up to date, but I wondered how new yours were.

I've got a batch of update photos to add after returning from holidays. Most differences are in breakfasts (e.g. steak and potatoes!). Hours have been shortened too, Riverside Mill is now 6:30am-11pm (but I updated that live while I was over there).

Andre

We had a very lovely stay last year at POR and we are considering staying there again. I have a few questions:

1. Besides replacing mattresses, what else is being done in the soft goods refurbishment? Are they changing the look of the rooms? Replacing carpets?

2. Can we still request Alligator Bayou if we book standard, now that there's a 5th sleeper bookable category?

We had a very lovely stay last year at POR and we are considering staying there again. I have a few questions:

1. Besides replacing mattresses, what else is being done in the soft goods refurbishment? Are they changing the look of the rooms? Replacing carpets?

They should be doing the same thing with Riverside as they did with FQ (including no more carpet). Adre's page has that info, if you scroll down and read everything they did to FQ; Refurb

2. Can we still request Alligator Bayou if we book standard, now that there's a 5th sleeper bookable category?

I haven't heard or read anything about this, but I would think you could request it but not expect it as it would be like requesting a view you didn't pay for. IMO, it would all depend on if you happened to get there when Mansions were all full and they were looking for people to take AB. So, it's always best to reserve exactly what you want, otherwise you are asking for a free upgrade and different people have different opinions on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter