Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Here are the new refurbished rooms at port orleans riverside aligator bayou:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnR-oJYhrWf/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=xt2xo1354zus (swipe left to see all the photos)
Credit to cindydistravel . I just found it on her instagram.
I like the french quarter room colors and bathroom better. Im hoping the magnolia bend rooms look better.

Thanks for the link! I totally agree with your assessment. They are just meh but then again, AB is not my cup of tea anyway. I am more of a mansions fan so I am hoping that refurb will be better. I like the new look at POFQ especially the hard surface floors and the space under the beds to store suitcases and shoes. I could not tell from the photos if the beds in AB now have that open space too. I am curious too to see what will change in the Royal Rooms.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnR-oJYhrWf/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=xt2xo1354zus (swipe left to see all the photos)
I like the french quarter room colors and bathroom better. Im hoping the magnolia bend rooms look better.

Thank you for the link! I can’t decide if I like them or not, lol. Like a PP said, overall I like the mansions more than AB. I’m excited to see the new mansion rooms in a few months.

No problem. I wish they had started with the mansions! Im planning a trip in december but they will still be doing the bayou. Now i have to decide between french quarter even though id rather stay riverside, for the better rooms or the regular mansion rooms.

Rather then going though 406 pages quick question?

Have a Pool View room booked coming up for a couple nights. Would you suggest mansion building or Alligator Bayou. According to what I found online "pool view" is usually quiet pool and can be in either section.

Hi there, I am currently booked for 10 nights at Pop for the upcoming September. However I will be changing the 10 days at Pop into a 6 nights Pop and 4 nights POR split stay. I will either be staying at a garden or a pool view room. I haven't decided yet. Before booking I wanted to ask the experts if the two room categories only qualify for the Bayou Section. Which category do I have to book to be placed into Arcadian or Magnolia? Is there a specific location I should request? But tbh no matter where they put me I will be more than thrilled to stay at POR...but it can't hurt to get some information to make the most out of the trip :) TIA:flower3:

We wanted to be in AB and I booked a garden view room. After I made our reservation, I called Disney and requested we be put in AB, if at all possible. It seems that it worked and we were very pleased with building 37.

Rather then going though 406 pages quick question?

Have a Pool View room booked coming up for a couple nights. Would you suggest mansion building or Alligator Bayou. According to what I found online "pool view" is usually quiet pool and can be in either section.
We had a room in AB that had a really nice pool view. We also had a room in the mansions that was almost a pool view. You could see it when you looked to the left.

I liked the quiet pool in AB much better than the mansions. There was a lot of shade around the pool and it was pretty there. The pool at the mansions was a boring rectangle with tons of sun and very little shade.

Does anything freeze in the freezer? I’ve never tried at POR, but I know hotel freezers are usually worthless. I’m trying to figure out something to use for a cooler without making a huge mess with actual bags of ice.

Does anything freeze in the freezer? I’ve never tried at POR, but I know hotel freezers are usually worthless. I’m trying to figure out something to use for a cooler without making a huge mess with actual bags of ice.
The refrigerators don't have freezer compartments.

I like the new bathroom divider curtain
I would have preferred something less bland. But that seems to be the general trend at the resorts.

I do very much like the new curtain into the vanity area though, a really nice touch. However the bed headboards are poor, and the new rim around the mirror above the sinks doesn't fit with anything else in the room (it would look better in the mansions in fact). Did they get a job lot from a surplus store or something?

Andre

Can anyone tell me whether the driver of the carriage ride at POR is a tipped position?

I’m not trying to start a debate on tipping, so I hope this post is ok. I am just trying to understand and make sure I have enough cash (coming from the U.K., most of my US cash is $50 notes, unless I ask specifically for smaller).

As an aside, if anyone can point me in the direction of a good resource for who to tip in these unusual roles at WDW, I would be very grateful. I travel plenty in the US for work, so I understand the general stuff, but so far have yet to have a meeting or conference with archery lessons or s’mores. Plus, it seems that, from what I have read, Disney has limits on tipping CMs that other hotels don’t. Or is the “refuse 3 times” rule still the norm? I’m terribly confused!

Menus for Riverside Mill and Sassagoula Floatworks (at French Quarter) are now updated on my website and should be fully accurate again. Sorry for the delay.

Andre

Your website is an outstanding resource! I found it a few months ago and have taken copious notes. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!