Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Is there anywhere to store clothes? There will be 4 of us and I dont like to live out of a suitcase. Are the drawers under the pull down bed functional?

That only applies to the Alligator Bayou section, and yes there are three drawers under the fold-down bed. The other rooms (in the mansion buildings) have more normal - and slightly larger - drawers in the side unit under the TV.

Andre

Just booked a garden view room that has 2 queens and a pulldown from the tv area for a few nights next week. I understand the room we have will be in the Alligator Bay. Any advice on a good area to ask for here?
We stayed at the Magnolia area once many years ago and discovered Yee Ha Bob for ourselves. Life has never been the same sense :tilt:

We were just in building 36 in October. It was refurbished and clean, but I hated the location!! It was the furthest away from the front and we got lost everytime, so it added more miles to our already tired feet!

Just booked a garden view room that has 2 queens and a pulldown from the tv area for a few nights next week. I understand the room we have will be in the Alligator Bay. Any advice on a good area to ask for here?
We stayed at the Magnolia area once many years ago and discovered Yee Ha Bob for ourselves. Life has never been the same sense :tilt:

Building 17

We have never been there for it, but found the below at https://www.portorleans.org/recreation-schedules.php

Winter Wonderland Festival (Riverside, 7pm—9pm, Saturdays) — Wander over to the Riverside Levee Marina every Saturday from 7pm to 9pm for some treats, crafts and games to celebrate the cool Winter weather.
That’s where I learned about the festival! We are checking it out in 12/28 so I’ll report back :)

Just got back and stayed in building 90, have never stayed in this resort and we loved it. Reading above, I guess we were not in a refurbed room but i was really nice. Fireworks in the headboards, close walk to East bus depot and main buildings. The whole vibe of the resort was just laid back and we really enjoyed it.
Have to add that the Caprese sandwich is HUGE and definitely a splitter and a bargain for 9.99 LOL

thinking of staying in a Royal room in January. Thoughts? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Royal Rooms are all in either Oak Manor or Parterre Place. Parterre place is a bit less convenient, IMO, as it is the furthest along the river toward POFQ. We like the pool view rooms the best as almost all are in Oak Manor and will have you situated near the foot bridge to the main building. Whatever view rooms that you have selected, I would suggest requesting Oak Manor and either near the foot bridge or near the themed pool, whichever end of the building that you prefer. Corner rooms have two windows which is a bit brighter, if that matters to you.

The Royal rooms have cool over the top theming with 'fireworks' in the headboards that perform for a short while when you select them. It is pretty and we enjoyed it for a short stay. I'm not sure that the additional expense for a Royal Room is worth it for a longer stay, but that is a personal choice.

Enjoy POR whichever category of room you book! WE love the peaceful atmosphere and boats to DS!

I'm sure this question has been asked ad nauseum (and I'm too lazy to search right now), but what kind of coffee makers are currently in the rooms?

Recently spent 8 nights at WDW on a split stay at OKW and BCV with a party of 8. Rented points and got a good deal. Visited PO-FQ on our last day to get beignets. Spent some time at Mardi Grogs by myself watching football, drinking a couple of beers, talking to the bartenders (much fun) and waiting on the rest of my party to arrive from Disney Springs shopping. Right when I arrived by boat I realized how much I missed the PO resorts. We are thankfully going back for a relaxing Mardi Gras week with a split stay at FQ and Riverside. Had to split stay due to AP discount availability, but that is OK by me. Only spending 3 days in parks out of a 6 night stay. Excited about seeing Bob at River Roost, wandering the grounds, eating jambalaya and beignets, riding the boat to Disney Springs, and listening to the crickets chirping while riding the buses. While the other resorts were good in their own way; PO is definitely home. Just hope it doesn’t rain on the parade like last year!

thinking of staying in a Royal room in January. Thoughts? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

We did this January 2019 and loved it! Especially for the price. The resort was quiet and our room was immaculate. Lots of runners using the walking paths to prepare for marathon weekend. We were assigned a top floor in the Oak Manor. If we weren't staying at Wilderness Lodge for our upcoming trip, we'd choose the Royal Room again.

XxO18cr.jpg

We love Oak Manor too. Our last stay we had a room facing the fountain. Also love Magnolia and Acadian with a room close to bridge. Great location.

Recently spent 8 nights at WDW on a split stay at OKW and BCV with a party of 8. Rented points and got a good deal. Visited PO-FQ on our last day to get beignets. Spent some time at Mardi Grogs by myself watching football, drinking a couple of beers, talking to the bartenders (much fun) and waiting on the rest of my party to arrive from Disney Springs shopping. Right when I arrived by boat I realized how much I missed the PO resorts. We are thankfully going back for a relaxing Mardi Gras week with a split stay at FQ and Riverside. Had to split stay due to AP discount availability, but that is OK by me. Only spending 3 days in parks out of a 6 night stay. Excited about seeing Bob at River Roost, wandering the grounds, eating jambalaya and beignets, riding the boat to Disney Springs, and listening to the crickets chirping while riding the buses. While the other resorts were good in their own way; PO is definitely home. Just hope it doesn’t rain on the parade like last year!
My heart will always be in POR too. We plan on doing the same thing on our Aug CBR stay. Go to Disney Springs then take the boat to POFQ for some shrimp & grits or gumbo! Then walk over to Riverside and stroll around soaking it all in then watch Bob Jackson’s show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter