Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We were just in building 36 in October. It was refurbished and clean, but I hated the location!! It was the furthest away from the front and we got lost everytime, so it added more miles to our already tired feet!

I can see your point but having stayed in building 36 myself, we loved it for being so close to the bus stop. Was very nice at the end of a day at the parks.

It's not a "fax room". It's a resort fax, room request.
Hey Epcot Bill in 2012 you had a question about the bed in the room at the Port Orleans Riverside saying LHMC 101971 The LHMC stands for Liberty Hardware Murphy Cabinet And of course the 10 1971 is October of 71 which I know you already know. Just thought I would fill you in on the other letters

Pretty excited just booked this resort
I’ve stayed the POFQ but never riverside area!

We're researching to potentially do a September 2021 trip to celebrate 1 year of marriage. (Anniversary is in October but we've heard September is better crowd wise.

Anyway, I've read this resort is pretty quiet. I had originally thought of POP but my soon to be husband is looking for a quieter resort.

Which side is better Alligator Bayou or Mansion?

Has anyone taken the boat to disney springs? We're thinking of doing that the first night.

Any feedback is super helpful.

We've done Bayou and Mansion. For my family, the Bayou was a bit more fun. Lots of winding paths and the West bus stop was so close. We were in Building 25, sharing a pool with Building 24. The whole area just had, well, a Bayou feel to it!

I can't speak to the boat though. We always wanted to, but in our PO visits, it didn't run often enough for us to catch it. I do recall it couldn't run our last trip to PO because of windy weather.

We've done Bayou and Mansion. For my family, the Bayou was a bit more fun. Lots of winding paths and the West bus stop was so close. We were in Building 25, sharing a pool with Building 24. The whole area just had, well, a Bayou feel to it!

I can't speak to the boat though. We always wanted to, but in our PO visits, it didn't run often enough for us to catch it. I do recall it couldn't run our last trip to PO because of windy weather.

Did you book a preferred room to get building 25? And I'm guessing West bus stop goes to all parks?

Yes, Building 25 was not a requested location. Just what we were assigned upon arrival. To us it was very quiet over there. Which makes sense when you consider the more remoteness of it.

And yes, the bus stop goes to all the parks.

thinking of staying in a Royal room in January. Thoughts? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Just booked a Royal Garden View last night for 9 days from now. We love POR and on our last visit we were in Alligator Bayou ~ it was a nice room and the bathroom was large with everything in one room rather than the separate vanity area. It was quite a walk through the maze of pathways but we don't mind the walk. The decor was less Disneyesque but very charming just the same.

Most of the refurbishments now are very generic and for this stay we wanted DISNEY so booked the Royal (stayed in one about 6 years ago and loved it).

There are hotels which are a short walk to Disney Springs but the pools don't have the charm of the Disney resort pools.

We are booked Sept 2-8 in a preferred room. We would like to be close to the dining and bus stop. Looking at the map I'm thinking building 14 but I'm not sure. We usually stay at CBR but with the addition of the skyliner it's difficult to get into. It's fine, we look forward to trying out a new resort.

We just booked a trip two days ago for January 12-16th before the Gift of Magic offer expired. We haven’t stayed here in a couple years and are really looking forward to our trip in only ten days. We plan to take the boat to Disney Springs at least a couple of times. It is such a nice way to travel. :)

Just booked a preferred room for 3/4-10 with AP discount 😊 Looking forward to taking boat to DS am a little concerned about crowded busses in early morning since closest bus stop is last pick up. We will miss the "single stop" at POFQ!

We've got a River view room booked for 4/15-20 for our first POR stay, we've done FQ before. Any specific requests for River view we should make? Ideally we'd love to be near the main house and main pool but preferred isn't available. Thanks!

We've got a River view room booked for 4/15-20 for our first POR stay, we've done FQ before. Any specific requests for River view we should make? Ideally we'd love to be near the main house and main pool but preferred isn't available. Thanks!

I would suggest requesting building 14 then, there are a number of River View category rooms in that building which are steps away from the food court door, near to the South bus depot, and very easy walk to the main pool and also to a quiet pool.

Andre

I would suggest requesting building 14 then, there are a number of River View category rooms in that building which are steps away from the food court door, near to the South bus depot, and very easy walk to the main pool and also to a quiet pool.

Andre

I’ve booked a preferred room so would you advise building 14 or 15?

I’ve booked a preferred room so would you advise building 14 or 15?

They are both pretty similar really, as you won't get one of the river facing rooms in 14. I'd still say 14 is marginally better though, and definitely request one with a garden/bayou view rather than a parking lot view.

Andre

On our first ever PO stay, the check in was bogged down by massive computer delays, so we were instructed to hang out and not go to far. Eventually we got to check in and for our troubles, we were given a River View upgrade. Looking at the map just now and my notes, we were assigned to building 80. We faced the river and what my daughter called, "The Fun Pool" in my notes.

Our first day/night on premises it was fun to look out and see the River. Every subsequent night, windows were pulled closed and we were asleep wicked early being "Disney tired". I don't think we looked at the River again! I just laugh thinking about that.

Couple of questions for PO experts (I thought I was one after 10+ stays but you always learn something new)

1. We are staying in a Royal Guest Garden View on our upcoming February trip. We are doing a room request through TouringPlans and was wondering if rooms like 9266 are considered to be Corner rooms since is is a bend in the walkway in front of the room? If so, do you think it would help to request it on our on-line check in?

2. If I buy a refillable mug at PO-R, can I use it at both resorts? I am an early riser and go to get breakfast early. Much prefer the Freestyle machines and food at PO-FQ.

Any help would be appreciated.

1. We are staying in a Royal Guest Garden View on our upcoming February trip. We are doing a room request through TouringPlans and was wondering if rooms like 9266 are considered to be Corner rooms since is is a bend in the walkway in front of the room? If so, do you think it would help to request it on our on-line check in?

2. If I buy a refillable mug at PO-R, can I use it at both resorts? I am an early riser and go to get breakfast early. Much prefer the Freestyle machines and food at PO-FQ.

Yes, good corner rooms include the ones mid-walkway (green tick). The ones to beware of are the ones next to stairwells, elevator lobbies, etc. (red cross)

Refillable Mugs can be used at any Disney resort food courts, not just at Port Orleans. Not valid in the theme parks though.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter