Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We are booked for early December 2020, first time staying at this property. We have a king room reserved. What building is best suggested to be close to lobby and/or bus depot?
My wife and I stay in Magnolia Bend Building # 85. Its in the mansion section and we find it a bit more peaceful from Aligator Bayou, which seems to draw more kids. This building is close to a bridge in order to get to the lobby and has a bus depot right behind the building. We also ask for a room on the second floor, again a bit more peaceful and towards the river side.

Wow, the poor Riverside thread was buried 6 pages back!! Will be at POR in Sept for first time at this resort, cmon Disney release those MNSSHP dates!

I was wondering where it went. Has the February Recreation schedule come out yet? We have a Mardi Gras trip planned and are trying to make plans.

Does anyone know the current schedule for Yee Haw Bob? We are at WDW now and I was thinking of going to see him sometime this week but can't find the days/times for his show.

My daughter and I are going to Riverside for a special mother/daughter trip in August. We have booked the Royal Rooms- Pool View. Is it feasible to walk over to the Port Orleans side... it will be really hot in August and just wondering... don't want to put my 10 yr old daughter through a miserable 20 min walk to get over there. The maps make it look like a bit of a haul. Thanks!

My daughter and I are going to Riverside for a special mother/daughter trip in August. We have booked the Royal Rooms- Pool View. Is it feasible to walk over to the Port Orleans side... it will be really hot in August and just wondering... don't want to put my 10 yr old daughter through a miserable 20 min walk to get over there. The maps make it look like a bit of a haul. Thanks!
Not 20. Maybe 10. I will be going back and forth the end of the month. We like the food court at FQ better

Very easy to walk over to French Quarter side. Try going early evening when the sun is down. Take the foot bridge by Oak Manor/Parterre. Its a pretty walk. When I get to FQ I usually turn in at path by pool to get to food court. There are some cute Gator statues you pass.

We like the food court, The Mill, at POR better, even though we stay at POFQ. We walk over there several times for their great food and resort store.

We like the food court, The Mill, at POR better, even though we stay at POFQ. We walk over there several times for their great food and resort store.
Love both restaurants. POR has the Pasta Bar, and FQ has Beignets, Gumbo & Shrimp n grits!

Love both restaurants. POR has the Pasta Bar, and FQ has Beignets, Gumbo & Shrimp n grits!
Yea, it's kinda crazy that we don't like the beignets, gumbo, shrimp or grits, LOL, but love the resort! Actually POR was our home resort for years, but due to mobility reasons we had to switch to POFQ. It is a beautiful resort, but we miss POR. We tried the famous beignets one morning and got a rude CM. She corrected how I said Beignets (just like it sounds) and called them "bennies" in a rude voice. Then she went into the back for a while and brought out our beignets. They were hard, stale, and loaded with powdered sugar, no taste at all. I think she got us some stale ones because of the way I said "beignets", just like it's written. Later on, I found out that that is the correct way to say it afterall. So we said it right, but she made the experience awful, and we haven't tried them since.

She corrected how I said Beignets (just like it sounds) and called them "bennies" in a rude voice.

It's of French origin, so the pronunciation is "ben-yay" (the 'g' is silent). Certainly not "bee-ig-net" though, which I've also heard. :)

But while the CM might have assisted you with the pronunciation, there is absolutely no call to be rude about it.

Andre

Yea, it's kinda crazy that we don't like the beignets, gumbo, shrimp or grits, LOL, but love the resort! Actually POR was our home resort for years, but due to mobility reasons we had to switch to POFQ. It is a beautiful resort, but we miss POR. We tried the famous beignets one morning and got a rude CM. She corrected how I said Beignets (just like it sounds) and called them "bennies" in a rude voice. Then she went into the back for a while and brought out our beignets. They were hard, stale, and loaded with powdered sugar, no taste at all. I think she got us some stale ones because of the way I said "beignets", just like it's written. Later on, I found out that that is the correct way to say it afterall. So we said it right, but she made the experience awful, and we haven't tried them since.
Wow what an awful experience, I’d try them again. Shame on her.

It's of French origin, so the pronunciation is "ben-yay" (the 'g' is silent). Certainly not "bee-ig-net" though, which I've also heard. :)

But while the CM might have assisted you with the pronunciation, there is absolutely no call to be rude about it.

Andre
Andre: that IS the way I pronounced it, just like you said" ben-yay". That's the way it "looks" to me and that is how I said it. I guess I wasn't clear on that in my post , sorry. She insisted it was pronounced "bennies", which I have always thought had a different meaning, LOL. It was just weird, and doesn't make me interested in trying them again. It was just dry, stale, room temp flour and dough to me, with sugar.

Wow what an awful experience, I’d try them again. Shame on her.
It seems I wasn't plain in how I stated pronounced it in my original post. I did say Ben-yay, but she still rudely called it "bennies". ???? Oh well, but it did turn us away from them. Maybe one day we will try them again, but the "bennies" LOL, we tried, we horrible.

It seems I wasn't plain in how I stated pronounced it in my original post. I did say Ben-yay, but she still rudely called it "bennies". ???? Oh well, but it did turn us away from them. Maybe one day we will try them again, but the "bennies" LOL, we tried, we horrible.
Sounds like she gave you old ones. I’m so sorry about your experience. But do try them again. The fresh hot ones!
Most of the staff at the POR resorts are wonderful but occasionally you’ll get a rotten apple. Like anywhere.

@andrewilley when were your menus last updated? Just wanted to see if there had been any changes for 2020.

A few months ago. Major changes tend to be in October, but there could have been some minor tweaks since I was last sent a full set of menu photos to compare. If anyone wants to help me out while they are there - just get quick phone camera snaps of each menu screen, ideally for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner - that would be useful.

Andre

A few months ago. Major changes tend to be in October, but there could have been some minor tweaks since I was last sent a full set of menu photos to compare. If anyone wants to help me out while they are there - just get quick phone camera snaps of each menu screen, ideally for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner - that would be useful.

Andre

I’ll be there in a few weeks, if you don’t get any before then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter