Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

How many phones can be charged at one time in the rooms? I'm wondering if I should buy an adapter?

How many phones can be charged at one time in the rooms? I'm wondering if I should buy an adapter?

Not firsthand, I arrive in 10 days, but I think I saw on a FB group that there were only 2 regular plug outlets accessible. I believe the refurbished AB rooms have actual device outlets though.

ETA: Just found Andre’s reply to the question in that group:
“Double socket by table, another double by bed, another double by sinks, plus bedside table and behind TV if you want to rummage.”

In any 2018/19 refurbished rooms there are about 6 USB sockets, however there aren't any in the old decor rooms.

Andre

Have any of you riverside lovers stayed in the new French quarter refurbished rooms? Im debating on staying there because the rooms are nice but I prefer the grounds of Riverside. Should I try FQ or stick with the standard rooms at Riverside? I don't want to spend extra on royal rooms.

I am a bit confused I was told by my travel agent that preferred rooms are split between both AB and the Mansions is that true or are they only AB? I'm not a huge fan of AB I'd like a chance of not staying there .

I am a bit confused I was told by my travel agent that preferred rooms are split between both AB and the Mansions is that true or are they only AB? I'm not a huge fan of AB I'd like a chance of not staying there .
The buildings in BLUE are preferred. Only AB has preferred rooms.

6c203de90860a84fbd034bd9e9a09f93.gif

Is it too late to get a new travel agent? If it were me I would be second-guessing everything they told me.

In any 2018/19 refurbished rooms there are about 6 USB sockets, however there aren't any in the old decor rooms.

Andre

This is great information. Tips on what room requests we should make to increase our likelihood of getting a refurbished room? Going to be there the end of March 2019.

Should I just say, “Request refurbished room, if possible”? I usually add one request and understand there are no guarantees.

I am going to change my reservation to a king room not preferred and a request for the mansions.

For 2019 bookings, if you book Standard or Garden View categories (not the "5th Sleeper" variant categories) then you are much more likely to get a mansion building room. However it's still not guaranteed as if the AB (5th Sleeper) categories are not fully booked they may need to assign some guests over to AB anyway.

Andre

Booked a Royal Room for 3 nights in March. Can't wait. I've stayed at POR once before, but it was an admittedly rushed trip. Is there anything I need to do to get the full POR experience (specific food, scenic walkway, fun activity)???

TIA!

Booked a standard room for 4 nights in February, as preferred was not available. I prefer the Alligator Bayou section, so I was thinking of putting a request in for bldg 16 or 17, which seems to be close to the preferred rooms. Has anybody requested these and if so, how was the walk to the main building, pool, bus, etc? Thanks.

I see there haven't been any recent updates on the AB building refurbs on the portorleans.org website. Does this mean they haven't made any progress and are very behind schedule, or very little information is available? Thanks.

We booked a Royal Room pool view over New Years - excited to come back as it's been since 2011 or so since we've stayed here. I read the last couple of pages and people are mentioning room refurbs. Is this something that is going on now? If so, what has been completed? Last time we stayed here was just as the last refurb was half done, and we got a newly refurbished rooom in the mansions that time. Guess it has been a while lol!

ETA I went further back and found the info on renovations - sorry for jumping the gun with the question. Looks like we won't have a renovated room since they won't be done with AB by then and we're in a Royal Room, but i wonder if that might almost be better with a Royal Room because the way they are making all of the Disney resort rooms look similar, less Disney, and more bland.... I mean neutral...I wonder if they will also take away a lot of the special touches in the Royal Rooms?

Last edited:
I see there haven't been any recent updates on the AB building refurbs on the portorleans.org website. Does this mean they haven't made any progress and are very behind schedule, or very little information is available? Thanks.
I am wondering about this too. If they are this behind schedule, I worry about the holidays. I wonder how booked up POR is over the holidays and if an entire building is down, if people will be displaced?

Have any of you riverside lovers stayed in the new French quarter refurbished rooms? Im debating on staying there because the rooms are nice but I prefer the grounds of Riverside. Should I try FQ or stick with the standard rooms at Riverside? I don't want to spend extra on royal rooms.
We did in September. Loved the room but still very much prefer POR AB preferred rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter