Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Sorry for a similar post to others but I too am a bit confused on the bus route.

Regarding the 4 main parks, I'd like to be at the last stop in the resort (unless you guys advise that they buses can bee too full to pick us us) so what stop would I want to request to be the closest to? We have a very short trip mid-December,Don't mind being on the bus a few extra minutes when we get home at night but would prefer the shortest rides in the morning as we are NOT rope droppers LOL

Appreciate the input!
The last bus stop is at the South Depot, which is next to the main building and close to the preferred rooms. If you are not rope droppers than you should be fine taking the bus from this depot. :)

One more question, how to do Room Requests for POR? I was under the impression it would be part of the Online check in service but there was only the ability to select Corner Room or Highest Floor.
How can I request a section or building? (I do know it's only a request, this is not my first Disney rodeo LOL)

Got a question and don't know where to post it but we are staying a POR. Was suppose to be a girls trip but not sure about one of us going, if one drops out how difficult is it to put someone else in her place? I figure plane tickets is gonna be to worst to fix. Can Magic bands and tickets be put on someone else?

Got a question and don't know where to post it but we are staying a POR. Was suppose to be a girls trip but not sure about one of us going, if one drops out how difficult is it to put someone else in her place? I figure plane tickets is gonna be to worst to fix. Can Magic bands and tickets be put on someone else?
Unused tickets can be “reassigned” . But not magicbands. Front desk can give your new guest their own band.

The first time I stayed at the Riverside they played the song with the lyrics "down by the riverside" several times a day in the food court. The last time I was their I never heard it. Did they stop playing the song or just bad timing on my part?

Thank you, I made the assumption that fax was not really the way things are done in 2019 LOL
appreciate the reply!
Probably POR is the only resort left that looks at the faxes! I usually have my request noted on my reservation plus I send a fax when staying at Por.

Probably POR is the only resort left that looks at the faxes!

This made me smile, as since August all room inventory management for every WDW-run resort hotel is now handled by one overarching central team, based over in the Disney Springs area. Of course the individual resorts do still need to remember to forward any received faxed requests (which still go to individual fax numbers located at each resort) on to the new team for them to process (which is done by rescanning & emailing, ironically).

Andre

This made me smile, as since August all room inventory management for every WDW-run resort hotel is now handled by one overarching central team, based over in the Disney Springs area. Of course the individual resorts do still need to remember to forward any received faxed requests (which still go to individual fax numbers located at each resort) on to the new team for them to process (which is done by rescanning & emailing, ironically).

Andre
Wow! I didn’t hear this, I took a year off WDW, really it will be 2 as my next reservation isn’t until Aug 2020. Mainly fed up with all the price increases.
And all the homogenization.
So sad about this as the POR room assignors were the best out of any WDW I’ve stayed in.

Just booked a garden view room that has 2 queens and a pulldown from the tv area for a few nights next week. I understand the room we have will be in the Alligator Bay. Any advice on a good area to ask for here?
We stayed at the Magnolia area once many years ago and discovered Yee Ha Bob for ourselves. Life has never been the same sense :tilt:

Hi everyone! I just booked a last minute trip for my family of 5 at POR from 2/10/20-2/16/20. We haven't been to WDW since 2013 and the 3 times we went prior we stayed at CBR each time. So I'm a newbie to POR! Anything specific I should know or hidden secrets? We will be on the DDP. Thanks!

Hi everyone! I just booked a last minute trip for my family of 5 at POR from 2/10/20-2/16/20. We haven't been to WDW since 2013 and the 3 times we went prior we stayed at CBR each time. So I'm a newbie to POR! Anything specific I should know or hidden secrets? We will be on the DDP. Thanks!

It's a pleasant walk over to POFQ, and you can also take the boat if you wish! The two resorts have different vibes, and we like to look at each gift shop, and food court. There are carriage rides available to book, or even just to watch go by, which is cool if you have any horse enthusiasts. The boat to DS is very pleasant, and convenient.

HI Everyone
Just booked a last minute trip. Stayed in PO 2 years ago and the room really needed refurbishment.
Last I heard they were refurbishing. Has this started?
Thanks

I just read in a Facebook group that a family of 5 was just contacted by Disney about their upcoming trip in 2020. They were being moved to the Yacht Club, because as of January 1st, 2020, Port Orleans Riverside will no longer have rooms to accommodate 5 people. Could this be true????

Last edited:
I just read in a Facebook group that a family of 5 was just contacted by Disney about their upcoming trip in 2020. They were being moved to the Yacht Club, because as of January 1st, 2020, Port Orleans Riverside will no longer have rooms to accommodate 5 people. Could this be true????
I think they must have misunderstood and the resort is fully booked for their days and they have no 5th sleeper rooms left.

So, I booked the Royal Rooms back when I thought they would be refurbished by March 2020. Now they have confirmed that they won't be ready then. Does anyone have any recent experience in them? Are they fairly worn? Should I just get a regular room instead?

So, I booked the Royal Rooms back when I thought they would be refurbished by March 2020. Now they have confirmed that they won't be ready then. Does anyone have any recent experience in them? Are they fairly worn? Should I just get a regular room instead?

They are fine, I stayed in one a few months ago and it was really nice. Disney don't let things get shabby before they schedule refurbishments.

The refurb process at Riverside is due to commence again with the Royal Rooms at the end of March (starting with building 90) and they should all be completed by the end of June.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!