Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

That's what I figured.. Im checking a bag but my friends are only bring carry on.. I told them!!!
Winter in Orlando! Have to pack for everything. Mostly I wear shorts or capris, and layer tops. It starts out cold in the mornings, but warms up by late morning, then cools down at night. I wear jeans on flight down so have them too.
Packable down jackets are great, they squish down to nothing.
Check long range forecast..

That's what I figured.. Im checking a bag but my friends are only bring carry on.. I told them!!!
We went last November when there was a cold snap. The UnderArmor store in DS was doing a brisk business in selling sweatshirts and other cold weather clothing. I am sure other DS clothing stores were doing likewise. All the park stores also had rolling racks of sweatshirts . So tell your friends what they save in baggage fees maybe spent in clothing.

I was just browsing the menus on the Disney app for the millionth time and saw that the carving station is gone from Riverside Mill. Can anyone confirm?

We were at POR Jan 12-16th and the carving station is still there. We ordered it one night. :)

The menu option vary by day now though, it's not quite the same as before when it was one or two carved meat choices every day. Personally I think they should have kept the carved turkey on every day, and alternated the chicken and steak choices.

Andre

The menu option vary by day now though, it's not quite the same as before when it was one or two carved meat choices every day. Personally I think they should have kept the carved turkey on every day, and alternated the chicken and steak choices.

View attachment 468098

Andre

I did notice this on your site, I just thought it was odd that it is no longer on the Disney menu. I thought maybe it just happened.

We are booked for early December 2020, first time staying at this property. We have a king room reserved. What building is best suggested to be close to lobby and/or bus depot?

We are booked for early December 2020, first time staying at this property. We have a king room reserved. What building is best suggested to be close to lobby and/or bus depot?

I agree that there are some really fabulous King Bed rooms which sit directly over the river path in Magnolia Terrace (building 85) just a few steps from the bridge leading across Ol' Man Island to the main building. If you want an Alligator Bayou room, building 14 could be even closer to the back entrance of the food court and also to the main (South) bus stop.

The King Bed Rooms are show in purple (the riverbank is just infront of the building where I have circled below, an upper floor corner room would be nicest)

Or building 14 (the King rooms are a bit further back though, so no river views):

Andre

Andre beat me to it - Magnolia Terrace, specifically 8742 (we stayed in this room) or 8739.

We requested 8742 on Andre's advice back in 2017, and it was perfect - 2 mins to the food court, maaaaybe 3 mins to the bus depot, and the view from the room was just beautiful..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!