Disney's Q3/2019 Results

Bundle pricing was announced for streaming services $12.99/month.

Iger said they are not concerned by the attendance at Disneyland. Purchased tickets were up but overall attendance down because of the passholder blackouts. They think they will be fine long term.

Bundle pricing was announced for streaming services $12.99/month.

Iger said they are not concerned by the attendance at Disneyland. Purchased tickets were up but overall attendance down because of the passholder blackouts. They think they will be fine long term.
Not all Annual Passes have "blackout dates". Mine doesn't; a lot of them do not. (Not a Florida resident) What's really different is that Disney Parks are just too expensive now that they've hiked the prices again (2nd time this year). Both the daily tickets and the Annual Passes are out of control! For the first time in many years, I will Not renew my Annual Pass. I no longer feel like I am getting my monies worth so I am going to "Let It Go".

Not all Annual Passes have "blackout dates". Mine doesn't; a lot of them do not. (Not a Florida resident) What's really different is that Disney Parks are just too expensive now that they've hiked the prices again (2nd time this year). Both the daily tickets and the Annual Passes are out of control! For the first time in many years, I will Not renew my Annual Pass. I no longer feel like I am getting my monies worth so I am going to "Let It Go".
This is referring to Disneyland. The majority of Disneyland APs were blocked out unless you have a top tier pass.

Parks are too busy and Disneyland addresses it by flattening out the crowds. Then we hear of missed earnings and lower crowds and their stock takes a minor hit. So if I interpret this in one way, we complained that the parks are too crowded and Disney addressed it. :confused3

At Disneyland the expected huge crowds, even though the major attraction wasn't ready.. bumping up prices by Disney and sounding hotels didn't help.

I expect that once both lands have be finished - their main attraction ready, they'll have no issues with low attendance.

That said I think we are on our last Annual Pass... Can do a more relaxing Disney Cruise (or a couple of Royal Caribbean Cruises) for the same money. Kids are grown, so that's not a driving factor anymore. A few days every few years with a package, will give us our WDW fix.

At Disneyland the expected huge crowds, even though the major attraction wasn't ready.. bumping up prices by Disney and sounding hotels didn't help.

I expect that once both lands have be finished - their main attraction ready, they'll have no issues with low attendance.

That said I think we are on our last Annual Pass... Can do a more relaxing Disney Cruise (or a couple of Royal Caribbean Cruises) for the same money. Kids are grown, so that's not a driving factor anymore. A few days every few years with a package, will give us our WDW fix.
Ours expired Monday....didn't get renewed. It was too expensive to renew 4 of them

I am sure Disney stock will be fine once Disney+ is released and a bunch of people cancel Netflix to jump ship.

The stock (even after today's 5% hit) is still up a lot since they merged with Fox and announced the pricing of Disney+

Parks are too busy and Disneyland addresses it by flattening out the crowds. Then we hear of missed earnings and lower crowds and their stock takes a minor hit. So if I interpret this in one way, we complained that the parks are too crowded and Disney addressed it. :confused3
Are they really "too busy" though?

Magic Kingdom and Disneyland are consistently busy but California Adventure, Hollywood Studios, Epcot and Animal Ki from?

Not so much.

Are they really "too busy" though?

Magic Kingdom and Disneyland are consistently busy but California Adventure, Hollywood Studios, Epcot and Animal Ki from?

Not so much.

Disney World is having so many new thing opening in September that a lot of people are waiting until next year to go.

When did prices go up?

Disney World is having so many new thing opening in September that a lot of people are waiting until next year to go.

Much like with Disneyland, many are waiting for the main attraction in Star Wars land to open, and with the Mickey Train ride a few months later....

But Disney popped out a free dining for the Fall and most of Christmas season... I don't think you'll see pictures of an empty park like with Disneyland.

I honesty though the dip was more to do with the trade tariffs eating into the merchandising side of Disney than the integration of Fox into the core business and preparations for Disney+, though I was surprised the Consumer Products and DLP side of DPEP were doing well, given the recent glut of Disney Store closures and other contentious matters, as well as the decline in the US Parks due to SWGE preparations and the aforementioned AP blackouts.

Let us all be aware that Disney made a ton of money last quarter, just not what Wallstreet expected. There are 2 basic reasons, neither have to do with the Parks. First, Disney spent way more money than anticipated in the new Streaming venture: Disney +, as of yet there is no offsetting income since they have not even started selling subscriptions to the new service. Second, Disney studios/movies made was huge... but the Fox movies not so much. The overall profit was significantly less than anticipated due to some large write downs on Fox movies that were released and quite frankly bombed at the box office. All else performed as expected. Yet, we are a society that loves large headlines, so that is what is being trumpeted--Disney misses 3rd quarter earnings. Personally, I am not selling any Disney stock any time soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter