Disney's Q3/2019 Results

Not everyone is interested in their original programming. And Disney will have new programming too. One can only watch so many hours of TV per day.
Not everyone is only interested in creative output from *one* PG-13 source. There is only so much MCU one can absorb.

Netflix has its problems, that I am sure they are working to rectify. But they are killing it with Anime and documentaries recently.

I am sure Disney stock will be fine once Disney+ is released and a bunch of people cancel Netflix to jump ship.

I'm betting Netflix doesn't take much of a hit, if any at all. Two completely different programming choices. Disney+ will be PG-13 and "softer". Speaking for myself, I had an opportunity to sign up for Disney+ at the D23 pricing and stayed with Netflix. I don't think Netflix is quaking in their boots.

We ditched Netflix for a few months when we had HBO for GoT and we will ditch it again (at least to start with) on November 12th.

When we had HBO, even though we have Hulu the kids kept saying they missed Netflix. This was because of the Kids programming, so I think Disney+ will fill in well.

I have my foot down at no more than $15 total a mo for streaming so with the D23 price we really could also have Netflix...but dont tell my kids that!

Not everyone is interested in their original programming. And Disney will have new programming too. One can only watch so many hours of TV per day.

Vice versa,I have little interest in anything except the Mandalorian (pending reviews) and Kenobi.

Netflix has a lot of mature adult content, Disney+isn't going to. Netflix is also reaching globally and has increasingly large amounts of subtitled content aimed at Korea, Europe, India etc. They'll be fine they just need to be a little more selective about what projects they give to writers that aren't particularly good and write for agenda not for narrative sense.

If they play their cards right they could be a strong all-rounder with elements of HBO, Disney+,and networks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter