Disney's Visa room rate is cheaper than the rate with my travel agent

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I used to think that the lowest possible rates that I could find for myself when I need a Disney resort room was through the TA that I use. Well it seems like that might not be the case any longer. It seems as though the discounts they offer are not near as deep as they used to be. And right now I have one night in a standard view room booked at POR for a total of $247 and change.

But that same night is offered through the Disney Visa rates at $207 total. A savings of $40. I just wonder if I could book the CSR room through them and still get the theme park tickets through them as well. I might email her tomorrow.

Sadly, the discounts this year are significantly less good than previous years.

P.S. - I'm fairly certain they can book the visa rate.

Sadly, the discounts this year are significantly less good than previous years.

P.S. - I'm fairly certain they can book the visa rate.
I am sure they can book it, I just wonder if I would be able to get their tickets to go with it as well. Probably so, but I will email her tomorrow and ask. Ya, the discounts are not near as good this year and was in previous years. I even seen a blog that went into detail about the difference in prices. Very disappointing to say the least. Even the rates during the August/September time frame were cut.

I had a ressie with them (I assume the same) but wanted to switch resorts and I found where I wanted to switch over to directly on the disney site with the GP spring discount. I emailed the TA and asked to switch to it and she couldn't see it on her end. It was weird. So she ended up cancelling my ressie and I booked direct through disney myself. I felt bad b/c I wanted her to still get the commission, but for whatever reason she couldn't see what I was seeing.

Where do you see the Disney Visa rates? I’m a cardholder but no idea where to look.

Yes, a TA can book a VISA room rate and make a package out of it with tickets and/or dining. Haven't seen as many AP, Visa, etc. deals this year, the resorts qualify but the discounted rooms seem to be fewer than in years past or don't apply to all nights, for example weekends. So Disney gets to advertise the rate, but not so many get to actually book it.

I think with the impending opening of Star Wars, the recent opening of ToyStory Land, the demand for rooms is really high. I just spoke to my TA who last year got us the Poly and Contemporary the cheapest we have ever had in almost 10 years! and they don't have much, and what they do have is discounted, but not much different than the current Disney offers. I think the days of super deals and discounts are numbered! lol

I got CBR easter week in a water view room with 5th sleeper for $207, I usually stay beach club so I am not sure but I think this is an amazing rate with my disney visa. for the record it doesnt show up for me either, I have to google it.

What time of year did you get a quote of $247 at POR? That does sound like quite a jump, I got a rate of $170ish last year the week of Memorial Day with a TA. This year I got a better deal with free dining and booked it myself.

What time of year did you get a quote of $247 at POR? That does sound like quite a jump, I got a rate of $170ish last year the week of Memorial Day with a TA. This year I got a better deal with free dining and booked it myself.
Very end of March, that $247 is tax inclusive. Ya, the savings I am getting is on the tickets now. And the TA said that they couldn't sell the tickets without a purchase of one of their rooms to go with it, so the CSR option was out anyways.

I think with the impending opening of Star Wars, the recent opening of ToyStory Land, the demand for rooms is really high. I just spoke to my TA who last year got us the Poly and Contemporary the cheapest we have ever had in almost 10 years! and they don't have much, and what they do have is discounted, but not much different than the current Disney offers. I think the days of super deals and discounts are numbered! lol
I think you are correct. Makes me glad I bought a few DVC points last year.

Very end of March, that $247 is tax inclusive. Ya, the savings I am getting is on the tickets now. And the TA said that they couldn't sell the tickets without a purchase of one of their rooms to go with it, so the CSR option was out anyways.
End of March is Spring Break for a lot of schools so that is probably a high priced time of year, but that still seems high. Just looked up my old reservation, looks like I paid $192/night with tax included.

End of March is Spring Break for a lot of schools so that is probably a high priced time of year, but that still seems high. Just looked up my old reservation, looks like I paid $192/night with tax included.
Right, it is the major increase in the prices, the reduction of discounts given to TA. This will continue until things happen, which I will hate, lessen the demand of Disney.

Right, it is the major increase in the prices, the reduction of discounts given to TA. This will continue until things happen, which I will hate, lessen the demand of Disney.
That's disappointing for sure. We were actually going to take a break from Disney this year but were swayed when they released free dining with summer dates.

I didn’t even know this existed, awesome! We are staying in August, do you think there will be an offer for Summer stays? I see it currently only goes through the end of April. I’m currently booked with the “Sun and Fun” offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!