Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the reason I am questioning it is because it is bookable for 5 adults. I had a previous trip which got cancelled due to covid...It was at Caribbean Beach. Same situation 5 in a room with that same type of fold down bed. After booking it, I got a call from Disney saying they are not allowing 5 in those rooms any more. So I am puzzled why they let me do the same exact thing at BRV if it is not really able to fit 5 adults.
Oh, you can book it. But you won't be happy with five full sized people in the studio. One tiny toilet/tub room, one sink outside that room, unless you use the kitchenette sink (no mirror and it's a bar sink, so small). Plus finding space for everyone's luggage is going to be very hard. Once you open up the sleeper sofa and fold down the murphy bed, there isn't much room left.

2 Questions for Copper Creek

Has the Kurieg made it to the 1 BR units?

And what is the best food delivery service to use for an out of state residents to Copper Creek?

2 Questions for Copper Creek

Has the Kurieg made it to the 1 BR units?

And what is the best food delivery service to use for an out of state residents to Copper Creek?

Have anyone used Garden Grocer since the pandemic at Copper Creek? Did you have a good experience?

Have anyone used Garden Grocer since the pandemic at Copper Creek? Did you have a good experience?

Not Copper Creek, but have at BLT, Poly in July and YC this past weekend and we had great experiences. I had not previously used GG or any resort delivery service pre-pandemic, but I’ve been impressed with GG’s selection and process.

Just called up bell services when I arrived and they had my items up in relative short order - cold items cold, frozen items frozen, all good. Just wish Disney would put the beer in their fridges too. 8-)

Not Copper Creek, but have at BLT, Poly in July and YC this past weekend and we had great experiences. I had not previously used GG or any resort delivery service pre-pandemic, but I’ve been impressed with GG’s selection and process.

Just called up bell services when I arrived and they had my items up in relative short order - cold items cold, frozen items frozen, all good. Just wish Disney would put the beer in their fridges too. 8-)

Thank you for replying.

@MFranzen posted the following question on the Transportation Board. Anyone there now or recently back have any feedback/info on the current timing of boat operations? Thanks!

Does anyone know what time the boat from Wilderness Lodge to MK starts running in the morning? Hoping to take the boat to MK than catch the monorail to the monorail resorts for some breakfasts.

Here now at CCV on 6th floor in studio...close to elevator that goes out into court yard ...going to look tomorrow for an exit that goes out near quiet pool. Very quiet here only a few people in lobby areas and one CM behind desk. I know there was a laundry room near roaring fork but is there a laundry room specifically for CCV?
What time does first boat now leave for MK? Or bus?
We have a stay booked for the 2nd week in Dec. What is open in wilderness and what is closed. I only ask this because the only parts that seem to be open are the DVC portion of the resort. Are the restaurants/ eating areas and main store open?

Yes that is correct only Villas and cabins are open. Whispering Canyon, And Roaring Fork open and Geyser Point is open the bar area. however you can order quick service food to go or you can sit and eat in the bar area. The gift shop is open and well stocked. I bought a 6pk of 8oz Daisani water for $4.49. I also placed an order from Publix which was delivered and left at bell services. Both pools are open.

So checked out of WL to go to Poly at 11:30...tried to get an Uber but kept getting message “no cars” after 30 minutes tried Lyft and couldn’t even get app to open so valet called a mears taxi that finally arrived at 12:40. If it had just been me I would have requested WL transfer my bag to Poly and gotten a bus to MK and taken monorail to Poly...but it raining heavily off and on and I didn’t want to drag my mother all over. When we arrived at 12:50 we were told our room was actually being cleaned and would be ready shortly. It’s now 4:07 and room still not ready...not sure what’s going on but villas are usually available after 4:00 ...
Meanwhile this has not been my favorite stay at WL/CCV...room is beautiful but found underwear in a drawer (not ours), We had 3 security checks in one day and the next day housekeeping called at 5:00 pm when my mother was ready to shower for dinner and wanted to send someone right then to check room...we waited til 5:30 and no one showed up so I called housekeeping and no one answered so no showers before dinner and I don’t know if they ever bothered to come at all.
Had lunch at Geyser Point and it was wonderful....had dinner at Whispering Canyon and it was mostly inedible..steak was like leather and ribs and meat in skillet were too fatty to eat. Server got a huge table of 20 guests So we never saw him again had to ask other servers for water never did get coffee and had to go up to podium to request the check! Which brings us to the Roaring Fork...ordered waffles and chicken (chicken of not the usual strips) waffles were cold soggy cake like texture had to throw out...cupcake and s’mores bar not even in bag and Tuna sandwich on old toast bread with cold limp fries.... AND our villa would have been The perfect studio room if I had realized that the elevator right across hall went down to a hallway which led to the lobby and we didn’t have to actually walk the entire way back to the elevator that opens in the lobby which of course was the elevator the nice CM directed us too when we arrived. We did use the elevator across from the room to go to Quiet pool just never bothered to pay attention to the other direction when we got off. Ok still waiting for room at Poly and hoping for some time without torrential rain to go to EPCOT and MK over next few days...🤞

Are the rooms on the resort side of the WL still undergoing renovations or have they been put on hold?

TIA!

First time staying at WL, let alone Copper Creek. Have there been any capacity issues at Geyser Point? Was hoping to go there for lunch on arrival day and didn't know how popular it is or how full it gets now. Also, any problems getting a reservation to Whispering Canyon for dinner? I'm thinking with the parks closing early, we'll probably just come back to the resort for dinner each night. (or maybe again go to Geyser Point or possibly Roaring Fork)

I chose Copper Creek over Boulder Ridge because it seemed more central to everything and being connected to the lobby area is a plus for our group. Also it was only $1 more. :rotfl:

We had lunch at Geyser Point 2 days ago arrived at 12:20 no wait plenty of available tables. Had an ADR for Whispering Canyon but it didn’t seem to be at full capacity while we were there.

First time staying at WL, let alone Copper Creek. Have there been any capacity issues at Geyser Point? Was hoping to go there for lunch on arrival day and didn't know how popular it is or how full it gets now. Also, any problems getting a reservation to Whispering Canyon for dinner? I'm thinking with the parks closing early, we'll probably just come back to the resort for dinner each night. (or maybe again go to Geyser Point or possibly Roaring Fork)

I chose Copper Creek over Boulder Ridge because it seemed more central to everything and being connected to the lobby area is a plus for our group. Also it was only $1 more. :rotfl:

Saturday evening there was a two hour wait for a seat at Geyser Point. My wife and I decided to order food and go back to the cabin. Due to the quick service window being closed, the only way you can order food is at the bar. It is not a good system as it took nearly an hour to order and get our food. We would have been better off waiting.

Whispering Canyon has plenty availability. We ate there for lunch. Food was okay. Our server was assigned too many tables. We ordered two sandwiches and a couple drinks. Our meal took 60+ minutes.

Saturday evening there was a two hour wait for a seat at Geyser Point. My wife and I decided to order food and go back to the cabin. Due to the quick service window being closed, the only way you can order food is at the bar. It is not a good system as it took nearly an hour to order and get our food. We would have been better off waiting.

Whispering Canyon has plenty availability. We ate there for lunch. Food was okay. Our server was assigned too many tables. We ordered two sandwiches and a couple drinks. Our meal took 60+ minutes.

Yes, Saturday was definitely crazy busy...we couldn’t even get an Uber just messages that “no cars available”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!