Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I enjoyed our weekend getaway at the Wilderness Lodge. The main pool was definitely busier than it was for our pre covid trips. For some reason the kids splash pad was closed. A CM told me it was due to capacity, But then he told me he really didn’t know. Mobile ordering at the roaring fork was fine even though the food was below average. My room, a Copper Creek Cabin, was incredible in every way. I can’t wait for our family trip next June or September when all this corona is behind us.

I finalized all my plans! Got the 1-bdr at CCV from 10/12-10/17. We're doing a park each day from Tues, 10/13 - Fri, 10/16. I'm coming from Mountain Standard Time (minus 2 hours from EST) so I did this thing where I translated our itinerary from EST to MST to see where any early mornings/late nights might be problematic. I'm most worried about our days at MK and AK with the 9 am start time, rope dropping at 8 am-ish, which puts breakfast at Roaring Fork around 7 am, and that's 5 am my time. I am not a morning person (though I tend to make an exception for Disney vacations!)

I guess my question is about how mobile order works there. Can I place our Roaring Fork order from my room, then send DH there to pick it all up to bring it back? Since it opens at 7 am, do I have to wait until it opens to place the order? Hoping to make for some efficient mornings.

I finalized all my plans! Got the 1-bdr at CCV from 10/12-10/17. We're doing a park each day from Tues, 10/13 - Fri, 10/16. I'm coming from Mountain Standard Time (minus 2 hours from EST) so I did this thing where I translated our itinerary from EST to MST to see where any early mornings/late nights might be problematic. I'm most worried about our days at MK and AK with the 9 am start time, rope dropping at 8 am-ish, which puts breakfast at Roaring Fork around 7 am, and that's 5 am my time. I am not a morning person (though I tend to make an exception for Disney vacations!)

I guess my question is about how mobile order works there. Can I place our Roaring Fork order from my room, then send DH there to pick it all up to bring it back? Since it opens at 7 am, do I have to wait until it opens to place the order? Hoping to make for some efficient mornings.

I ordered my food at 6:45 am yesterday and clicked the “I am here” button when I was in the hallway in front. I was there at 7am.

I can back up what Pyotr said for the mornings since we do the same. In the evenings, we'll even start creating a mobile order on the boat from MK to the hotel and hit "I'm here" when we're passing by the cabins. We might wait 5 minutes by the time we get off the boat and walk up to Roaring Fork.

So checked out of WL to go to Poly at 11:30...tried to get an Uber but kept getting message “no cars” after 30 minutes tried Lyft and couldn’t even get app to open so valet called a mears taxi that finally arrived at 12:40.
We had trouble getting a taxi to take us from the WL to the GF for dinner when we were there in August 2019. The valet told us that the taxis don't like to do the short runs between the four MK resorts because they weren't worth their time. We waited 40 minutes for a taxi and got lucky when a taxi that was dropping someone off at the WL agreed to take us to the GF.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good stay at WL. We have a trip planned for a CCV studio in January. Hopefully things get better by then.

Is the quick service window at Geyser Point open?

We had trouble getting a taxi to take us from the WL to the GF for dinner when we were there in August 2019. The valet told us that the taxis don't like to do the short runs between the four MK resorts because they weren't worth their time. We waited 40 minutes for a taxi and got lucky when a taxi that was dropping someone off at the WL agreed to take us to the GF.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good stay at WL. We have a trip planned for a CCV studio in January. Hopefully things get better by then.

Is the quick service window at Geyser Point open?

no. quick service window was closed but you can order food from bar area to eat in bar area or to carry out

Just booked 10 days in a two bedroom villa in Copper Creek. I looked at the layout on page one. Any hints or suggestions about room requests? We've never stayed there, but have wanted to since a one day stay in Boulder Ridge a couple of years back and fell in love so much we tried to extend the stay with no luck at the time.. And this was coming from four days in GF! Guess which one I liked better?

Just booked 10 days in a two bedroom villa in Copper Creek. I looked at the layout on page one. Any hints or suggestions about room requests? We've never stayed there, but have wanted to since a one day stay in Boulder Ridge a couple of years back and fell in love so much we tried to extend the stay with no luck at the time.. And this was coming from four days in GF! Guess which one I liked better?

Hi! I'm a Copper Creek newbie, but since I just booked my vacation, thought I'd chime in. I was a little confused because I wasn't asked for room requests when booking. Then when I checked in, it only gave me two drop-down menus (for first priority and second priority), and I could only choose Near Lobby, High Floor, or Near Transportation. Perhaps you have to call to add room requests now? If so, I am just going to leave it be. We won't be in the room much anyway.

When I was researching views, I had decided Floors 2-6 overlooking the main pool rather than the quiet pool, near the elevator.

Hi! I'm a Copper Creek newbie, but since I just booked my vacation, thought I'd chime in. I was a little confused because I wasn't asked for room requests when booking. Then when I checked in, it only gave me two drop-down menus (for first priority and second priority), and I could only choose Near Lobby, High Floor, or Near Transportation. Perhaps you have to call to add room requests now? If so, I am just going to leave it be. We won't be in the room much anyway.

When I was researching views, I had decided Floors 2-6 overlooking the main pool rather than the quiet pool, near the elevator.
Yes if you don’t want the options in the drop down menu call and ask them to add it on your reservation.

We love floor 2 at Copper Creek, main pool view...just feels majestic to look down at the pool and up at the lodge...plus as an added bonus, no elevators!!

View from stay at end of July
What do mean a bonus no elevators? Are there any exits to outside on the 2nd floor?
We were going to request ground floor because we wanted to walk out our balcony to the pool without walking down the halls. Is this even possible? I know some resorts have shrubbery and fencing that prevents that.

Depends on the room...last stay at Copper Creek we walked outside our room into the hall and went right to Bolder Ridge pool, went left and went right out to Lodge main pool, a few steps, but very convenient. As far as no elevators...I currently hate them post covid, they can take so long and I don't like getting in an elevator with anyone right now...but yes you can get outside from floor 2 very easily.

What do mean a bonus no elevators? Are there any exits to outside on the 2nd floor?
We were going to request ground floor because we wanted to walk out our balcony to the pool without walking down the halls. Is this even possible? I know some resorts have shrubbery and fencing that prevents that.

This was our view November 2018 in a studio... you can walk right over the grass if you want to.

39D56A53-5675-42D4-91B9-741F195AFA58.jpeg
9EDE718A-CBC9-45C8-9FA6-F26FA0999E1D.jpeg269422E1-8C7F-43CA-B427-429080791AB7.jpeg

Last edited:
Depends on the room...last stay at Copper Creek we walked outside our room into the hall and went right to Bolder Ridge pool, went left and went right out to Lodge main pool, a few steps, but very convenient. As far as no elevators...I currently hate them post covid, they can take so long and I don't like getting in an elevator with anyone right now...but yes you can get outside from floor 2 very easily.
Great! Thanks for the info. I hate using elevators during Covid too.

Does the balcony door lock if you use it to exit?

I only went out there in the evening to sit with a glass of wine in my hand, but no, the door does not automatically lock. But just a side note: There is a door on the Courtyard side, that you can exit and enter from using your magic band. It was extremely convenient when going to the pool or crossing over to the Roaring Fork entrance and walking up the ramp to the lobby. Hated waiting for the elevator! (It was two years ago, so can’t remember correctly- but there may have been two exit/entry doors on the Courtyard side.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!