Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do mean a bonus no elevators? Are there any exits to outside on the 2nd floor?
We were going to request ground floor because we wanted to walk out our balcony to the pool without walking down the halls. Is this even possible? I know some resorts have shrubbery and fencing that prevents that.

The Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek Villas has an interesting layout and there is almost no way to avoid using stairs or an elevator. The lobby is considered the 2nd floor and the rooms on the lobby level are 2nd floor rooms. The pools are on the first floor - ground level for the pools, Geyser Point, boats, cabins, etc. So if you get a room on the 1st floor you would be able to walk out your patio door to walk to a pool, although you won't be able to lock the patio door from the outside. You will have to use stairs or an elevator to get to the lobby if you have a 1st floor room.

The Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek Villas has an interesting layout and there is almost no way to avoid using stairs or an elevator. The lobby is considered the 2nd floor and the rooms on the lobby level are 2nd floor rooms. The pools are on the first floor - ground level for the pools, Geyser Point, boats, cabins, etc. So if you get a room on the 1st floor you would be able to walk out your patio door to walk to a pool, although you won't be able to lock the patio door from the outside. You will have to use stairs or an elevator to get to the lobby if you have a 1st floor room.
Ok thank you for the detailed information.

Could you walk around through the lobby and down the ramp to exit by Roaring Fork? That was kind of my thought process. I requested a second floor room thinking this would work... 😬

Could you walk around through the lobby and down the ramp to exit by Roaring Fork? That was kind of my thought process. I requested a second floor room thinking this would work... 😬
That would work. There is also an exit door on the second floor of CCV which brings you outside by the creek, just above the waterfall. It is called the upper springs. There are stairs to walk down to the pool from the upper springs area.

I have been looking at Touring Plans room finder. He is only showing a couple of deluxe studios on the first floor and according to the map here most of them are on the first floor. So I’m guessing his room finder is all out of whack?

After a recent stay in a CCV Studio last month, we have booked a 2BR CCV for next month. Our Studio last month overlooked the non-main pool and the water from the balcony, which I loved, but it seemed like SUCH a haul from the lobby area...our first night (ok maybe 2) we would get lost trying to find our way BACK to the lobby. This time I'd love to be closer...but haven't looked at the options. I've only requested a high floor...since I do love sitting on the balcony for sure. So keep the good information coming here!

Is the map of the first floor Copper Creek studios correct on the first page? Touring Plans shows rooms completely different.

:wave2: Hello everyone, I hope all is well.

This thread has been around since 2014 under the careful leadership of the OP and many past keepers of the thread, but as things tend to go sometimes on the Internet, with the passage of time DISers come and go, information gets stale, etc.

As has been done from time to time over the history of these “official” Resort threads, it seems it may be about time for a WL thread refresh.

If you have any interest in “volunteering” to be the keeper of a new thread, please feel free to reach out to me via PM to discuss.

With so much Disney information so easily available on the Internet these days I don’t necessarily think these threads need to be the exhaustive resources they once were long ago before the blog/YouTube era, but sometimes it can be helpful to have an active DISer with a passion for the resort at the helm of the first few posts just to capture basic info, FAQs, resort updates, etc.

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter