Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subscribing to this wonderful thread, this has helped us get a good idea of what to expect during our upcoming stay this summer. We will be celebrating DS achieving great exam results at school , my birthday and our wedding anniversary. We would ideally like a quiet room with an open balcony facing the woods, is it possible to select these when we do online check in?

Kook posted a picture of the online check in options. You can pick a floor or near elevator with online check in but not the other requests. I usually call in my request of an open balcony.

Wah, I'm not having coffee in the CL lounge. Back to work:sad:

Some notes before I forget.

I met a couple tues morning that said the got a studio without a balcony and when they asked they were told there was only one and they were moved. Then it appears others here also got the same room almost like a chain reaction, (I don't want it you can have it:dance3:)

Pool was closed early at night but we went over to the villas and the hottub was hot and the pool very warm:thumbsup2

Busses were great. :cool1: so fast to/from MK. I mean 5 min or less EVERY time. Dd and I go back and forth lots!!! Often we were only riders too:cheer2: we also enjoyed the space of the bus area vs other resorts. Lots of room and clearly signed.

CL at OFC:

So friendly. Checked in by Victoria and so sweet:goodvibes Everone was so sincere with their smiles.

Staff ratio!!!!! Amazing!!! If you want a glass of wine say 1pm sometimes at GF in SL, Poly and CR can't find anyone.(CR at least has cm at desk that will get it for you if not checking in someone).

Here there was 1/2 people at check in desks plus 1/2 more floaters. Never had a problem with any requests finding help. Also when they lock the doors they just get your water, wine, coffee for you while you wait. As I posted previously, sometimes you really need that coffee;)

Food items. Menus at night followed pretty close to menus KOOK has posted:thumbsup2
Notes: they had lots of yogurt in am, there was also tomato juice in am in cooler too!

Pixarmom: they also have the Gouda spread some night which dd enjoys. :cloud9:

My kids would have loved the access to chocolate milk all day:banana:

I have to say next to gf , WL has more food and drinks available than cr and poly!!! :woohoo:

Last notes; they did have trays available, just ask. They keep coffee/water to go cups in the drawer on the right, below the drink dispensers:thumbsup2
(You can pour a smitch of wine in one and discreetly enjoy a sip or two at the bus stop, just sayin'princess:))

THANKS to all of you that helped with my questions before my trip:flower3:

We're looking at WL for our trip in August. I apologize if this question has been asked/answered already but I didn't see it when I scrolled through the thread.

Can the bunk bed rooms be requested? And are the bunk beds standard twin size?

Thanks!

We're looking at WL for our trip in August. I apologize if this question has been asked/answered already but I didn't see it when I scrolled through the thread.

Thanks!

If you go to disney site and try to book it comes up as a BOOKABLE category.:thumbsup2

They are twin size.

How timely for this new thread. I just joined your site a couple of weeks ago (after getting the daily e-mails for a couple of years), and just booked WL CL for 8 nights in October last week. I can now come here and get my "fix". Thank you so much.:mickeyjum

Thanks!

Yes to the former. In fact, they have to be requested. (The bunk rooms are a different price from the two-queen rooms. You must select one or the other, when you book.)

I don't know, about the latter.

The murphy bed is larger than a crib, but smaller than a twin sized bed. So depending on the weight and height of the 11 yr old, he or she might fit. There is at least one studio at VWL that does not have a balcony. It just didn't fit when they were building the villas, so it was left off. Studios never connect to other studios at VWL. The only location for connecting studios will be the Polynesian Bungalows and Villas at the Polynesian Village Resort. They will connect to a one bedroom villa to make a lockoff two bedroom villa.

Thank you for the information. Follow up question-what is the room number of the studio without the balcony? I'd like to specifically request not to have that room.

I just wanted to thank the contributors to this thread for the great (and timely) info.

Oh, and I'm subscribing. ;)

Wood Nymph can I just ask do floors 4 and 5 have the same number of open balcony rooms with a woods view? I guess some resorts are gonna have more noise than others depending on location so some noise is expected during our stay for this we will adapt by bringing plenty of ear plugs for DH and myself to get a great sleep each night, DS sleeps through lots of things no problem. Will take a look at the thread you mentioned in a moment I thought I had seen something somewhere I just could not remember where

Last night, I updated the Lodgers' Log (now at the end of POST 1) with dates recently posted in the old thread and I also added a few comments to some posters in my last post in the old thread.

Fab new thread thank you !

I'm excited as we completed our esta's today and they were approved so there's no stopping us now WL here we come!
Glad you like the new thread and you got your visa.

Thanks for keeping this updated!
You're welcome! I don't want the thread getting stale.

Just thought of a question perhaps someone might know the answer too - dh doesn't drink alcohol and here in the uk we buy alcohol free beer / larger - can u get anything similar at WL either at the store or in lounge or will dh have to stick with sodas?

Thanks
I don't think I've ever seen alcohol-free beer at the Disney Resort stores. However, I believe they offer O'Doul's at most Table Service venues and a few Quick Serves. Just ask your server.

Checked out of the Lodge this morning :(

But checked into CBR.

Wish we could have kept the rest of our trip at the Lodge but at the time there was no availability for courtyard view.

Our room here at CBR is nice though. We have one of the new renovated rooms in Jamaica which has the Murphy Bed. Kind of neat. DH says he is going to sleep in it one night :lmao:
They also have queen beds instead of the doubles they use to have and they are sooooooooooft!

Speaking of renovated rooms, while we were at the Lodge, we saw some rooms on the first floor facing the Villas pool completely gutted of their soft goods. It was about 4 or 5 rooms. I took pictures, but my computer and photobucket and the slow introwebs here are not playing nice. I will post them as soon as I can
Queen beds are a big improvement and it looks like you'll have your choice;)

Last year, I saw a WL permit filed for a room rehab. I couldn't figure it out though since all the rooms were recently rehabbed. I'm eager to see your photos and maybe someone who's there now or arriving soon can ask about what's going on.

J ~ Wonderful. Thanks for taking the time to keep this up!!
Thank you, J!

:wave2: Hiya!

F A B U L O U S!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Now to go back and peruse your newly updated WL factoids!!!
Howdy! Thank you so much, Heather and they'll be a quiz later:p

Found the new thread! Whoop!
Whoop indeed!

Back to subscribe to the new thread! Gotta learn everything I can about WL before May! :goodvibes
Everything you need to know is bound to be in one of those 23 chapters:faint:

KOOK- I love when you start a new thread! I always take the time to look through the wealth of info and photos in the beginning- something I don't do very often once the conversations get going!
Every new thread has been more amazing than the last. I can't imagine how much of your time is given to this, but please know it is SO appreciated!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! (one just didn't seem like enough)

:worship:
You are so sweet, Mickey (best name ever::MickeyMo) and I'm so glad you found us. I really want the thread to be helpful to both first-time visitors and seasoned ones like yourself. I also want it to be a place where everyone feels comfortable asking questions and helping others:grouphug:

Thanks for setting up the new thread, Kook. It looks great. :goodvibes
Thank you and thank you, as always, for answering questions and posting about your (many) stays at WL:)

Thanks KOOK! :wave2:

Your're these best!!!!

:flower3:
Thank you and it's great having you here!

Hooray for the new thread! Looking at all the pics again got me even more excited for our next stay at the Lodge!

Thanks Kook for all you do to keep us informed & connected with the Lodge!
It's my pleasure and I'm glad you found us!

Subscribing to this wonderful thread, this has helped us get a good idea of what to expect during our upcoming stay this summer. We will be celebrating DS achieving great exam results at school , my birthday and our wedding anniversary. We would ideally like a quiet room with an open balcony facing the woods, is it possible to select these when we do online check in?

Cheers! Your question was answered, but let us know if you have any others.

Great new thread. Lots of wonderful information. Thanks for setting this up KOOK.
Welcome to the new thread and thank you so much.

Thank you for the new thread!
Welcome and thank you!

Wah, I'm not having coffee in the CL lounge. Back to work:sad:

Some notes before I forget.

I met a couple tues morning that said the got a studio without a balcony and when they asked they were told there was only one and they were moved. Then it appears others here also got the same room almost like a chain reaction, (I don't want it you can have it)

Pool was closed early at night but we went over to the villas and the hottub was hot and the pool very warm

Busses were great. so fast to/from MK. I mean 5 min or less EVERY time. Dd and I go back and forth lots!!! Often we were only riders too we also enjoyed the space of the bus area vs other resorts. Lots of room and clearly signed.

CL at OFC:

So friendly. Checked in by Victoria and so sweet. Everone was so sincere with their smiles.

Staff ratio!!!!! Amazing!!! If you want a glass of wine say 1pm sometimes at GF in SL, Poly and CR can't find anyone.(CR at least has cm at desk that will get it for you if not checking in someone).

Here there was 1/2 people at check in desks plus 1/2 more floaters. Never had a problem with any requests finding help. Also when they lock the doors they just get your water, wine, coffee for you while you wait. As I posted previously, sometimes you really need that coffee

Food items. Menus at night followed pretty close to menus KOOK has posted:thumbsup2

Notes: they had lots of yogurt in am, there was also tomato juice in am in cooler too!

Pixarmom: they also have the Gouda spread some night which dd enjoys.

My kids would have loved the access to chocolate milk all day

I have to say next to gf , WL has more food and drinks available than cr and poly!!!

Last notes; they did have trays available, just ask. They keep coffee/water to go cups in the drawer on the right, below the drink dispensers.
(You can pour a smitch of wine in one and discreetly enjoy a sip or two at the bus stop, just sayin'princess:))

THANKS to all of you that helped with my questions before my trip:flower3:
Great overview and I'm sorry you're back in reality. But, I have a feeling you'll be back at WDW soon and DD maybe sooner? Sounds like you hit it at a great time of year with much lower crowds. The OFC staff really go above and beyond and I'm glad you got to experience it first hand.

Wonderful thread! Thanks.
Thanks!

Thanks!
Only Standard View and Club Level bunk rooms can be requested. Woods and Courtyard View bunk rooms must be booked.

How timely for this new thread. I just joined your site a couple of weeks ago (after getting the daily e-mails for a couple of years), and just booked WL CL for 8 nights in October last week. I can now come here and get my "fix". Thank you so much.:mickeyjum
:welcome: to the DIS and our brand spankin' new thread! Congratulations on booking WL and CL! Have you ever stayed there before?

Thank you for the information. Follow up question-what is the room number of the studio without the balcony? I'd like to specifically request not to have that room.
Using the link I have in the thread to the VWL room number finder, this is what I found:

Room Number

Room Size
Deluxe Studio

Dedicated / Lockoff
Lockoff

H / A
Unknown

Floor
4th

Balcony View
No balcony. View of the woods with the limited view of Bay Lake through the trees. Limited view of Electrical Water Pageant.

Guest Comments
Relatively close to the elevators. Second room in from the atrium, before heading down the endless hallway. Directly across from the Recycling and Garbage.

I just wanted to thank the contributors to this thread for the great (and timely) info.

Oh, and I'm subscribing. ;)
I just want to say you're welcome and your subscription has been activated. You should receive your first copy in 4-6 weeks;)

Wood Nymph can I just ask do floors 4 and 5 have the same number of open balcony rooms with a woods view? I guess some resorts are gonna have more noise than others depending on location so some noise is expected during our stay for this we will adapt by bringing plenty of ear plugs for DH and myself to get a great sleep each night, DS sleeps through lots of things no problem. Will take a look at the thread you mentioned in a moment I thought I had seen something somewhere I just could not remember where

Thanks KOOk for keeping the party going!

Can you please add me to the log for WL? It will be my first stay ever at the Lodge so we're hopefully doing it right with a Deluxe room w/CL access. Although, I'm a little nervous after reading your trip report regarding the smelly armoire.

2/27/15-2/29/15

I'm eyeing the rates on Expedia in late April 2015 and it feels like WL might be a great choice. All of the happy thoughts from the board are getting me more excited.

I've been reading reviews and it sounds like everyone with kids has a great time. What are some of your must-do's with a 4 year old and her 1 year old brother?

And, how is transportation? Reviews seem to be all over the map. Boat is great, wait too long for boats, small boats, etc. Same with buses - too many stops, really prompt... Everyone has a different thought and they seem to be opposites! ;)

TIA for the tips/help!

Reactions: arb

The room number was 4533...we were one of the unhappy couples that got it this week...however, it may not be the only one...first floor room had a patio, but 2nd and 3rd floor didn't have a balcony...however they may be king rooms for 1 bedrooms...not sure...

I've NEVER had ANY problem with noise, at WL. In fact, when I'm looking for superlatives to use, to describe it, "quiet" and "peaceful" are at the top of the list. No, it's not completely silent. There's the boat horns. The geyser can be heard. (Although the geyser stops, at night). Yes, I usually chose courtyard view, because I LIKE the sound of like 50 happy kids having a blast, in the pool. (But I can't hear them, with the patio door closed). Nothing scientific, to back it up, but I'm firmly convinced that the only way you can find quieter, on property, is to get a Cabin.

Just booked our BounceBack to WL for 9/5 - 9/11 :cool1: in our usual courtyard view :rolleyes1

They keep coffee/water to go cups in the drawer on the right, below the drink dispensers:thumbsup2

What? Who? I may or may not have done this in other lounges . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter