Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally wouldn't request the 7th floor because those rooms would have the dormer balcony and you can only see out of them when you are standing. I would think that a view of the new villas pool would be a nice view and quieter than a courtyard view room. :)

Thank you so much! Yes, the villas pool is so lovely! I think you are right - that would be quieter than courtyard - thank you!

Bus may be faster (depending on where your room is located), but the boat is more magical:)

Yes, I agree!! And in the early morning, when the MK boat isn't running, you can still take the boat to CR and walk from there! I believe the WL/CR/Ft. W boat starts running at 6:45 am. We did that this past August and it was so lovely!

Most likely it's how they are room blocking. There also may not be std rooms as part of the bounce back offer. Call and actually talk to someone, although I'd wait until Thursday or Friday since they are still sorting out things from the hurricane.

Thanks. I thought of the limit on the bounce back offers too but it looks like the standard views\rooms are not available even without. I'm guessing 13 nights is the issue as if I dumb it down to 7 or 8, I can find one. Ah well, I'll save the extra 1800 and do a mod next year. (But I'll keep checking to see if anything frees up)! :)

Thanks. I thought of the limit on the bounce back offers too but it looks like the standard views\rooms are not available even without. I'm guessing 13 nights is the issue as if I dumb it down to 7 or 8, I can find one. Ah well, I'll save the extra 1800 and do a mod next year. (But I'll keep checking to see if anything frees up)! :)

I checked dates from Aug 1 to 14...the rooms are available without the discount, if you book them each individual night. That means it's a room blocking issue on Disney's end. You can call them and guest relations can fix it, it just takes some haggling.

The DIS 7 in 7 from 2015 said the rooms are dank, old, and small. Pete was very bummed out by the standards and didn't seem to recommend them at all.

Are they really the worst deluxe on property?

The DIS 7 in 7 from 2015 said the rooms are dank, old, and small. Pete was very bummed out by the standards and didn't seem to recommend them at all.

Opinions will vary, but not many people around here would agree with Pete on that one. They are among the smallest rooms of any Deluxe, and the rustic decor is fairly dark, although not as dark as it used to be. Check out some of the room pics and see what you think. It is one of the least expensive Deluxe resorts, and has an awesome location. If you want something different decor wise, the studios at Copper Creek are in the same building with more modern decor.

We love WL for its location on beautiful Bay Lake, the fact that everything is under one roof, and the quiet feel despite being so close to MK. These make it our favorite resort, and being among the least expensive Deluxe Resorts is just a bonus.

Last edited:
FWIW, I was worried about that too, but then we really didn't spend that much time in the room. BUT, I had a fabulous view of the castle from our room! They were building the new cabins under us, and I would love to try those out with a bigger crowd/longer stay. I thought the rooms were comfortable. We spent most of our time in the parks or at Geyser Point. Love this resort!

Just decided to book a family trip to WL in December 2017 (agree with the posts that room availability looks nonexistant, in fact an hour later there don't look to be any WL rooms available for my dates (12-16).

I've read the last dozen or so pages of the thread and spent many times at WL pre-renovation. We are booked in a "standard" room and I know they are the smallest on property.

Just wondering thoughts from people who have recently stayed on how the "basic" rooms are? Not expecting a great view, just want to make sure those rooms were not an afterthought in the renovation!

Appreciate any comments!

Just decided to book a family trip to WL in December 2017 (agree with the posts that room availability looks nonexistant, in fact an hour later there don't look to be any WL rooms available for my dates (12-16).

I've read the last dozen or so pages of the thread and spent many times at WL pre-renovation. We are booked in a "standard" room and I know they are the smallest on property.

Just wondering thoughts from people who have recently stayed on how the "basic" rooms are? Not expecting a great view, just want to make sure those rooms were not an afterthought in the renovation!

Appreciate any comments!

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand it rooms on the WL side (formerly the north side) weren't touched during the renovation. It was only the south side/Copper Creek rooms that were renovated. I was there January 2017, which isn't exactly recent, but the rooms looked like they did in the pictures on the front page.

Appreciate any comments!

Glad you were able to book in December - I've been stalking every day and can't find anything for first weekend in November.

I was in a standard room in June and I honestly had a nice view of the castle/water. Not sure what the other views are like. The only thing I would have preferred is a king bed - we got 2 queens which was silly for DH and I. I guess they only have a limited amount of standard rooms with kings.

Anyway, hope you have a great time!

Appreciate any comments!

None of the regular rooms at WL were touched. Half of the main building was converted to DVC.

You say you're not expecting a great view. It's true that requests cannot always be accommodated, but if you requested a view of something in particular, they'll try to give it to you.

I stayed at WL in May. So far, it's my favorite resort. You can see from my signature that I've stayed in several of them.

Appreciate any comments!
We had a Standard View reservation for our stay last month. As @figmentedfollies said the WL rooms were unaffected by the Copper Creek conversion of the South wing. They were refurbished a few years ago and are in nice shape. We got a room on the 4th floor above Whispering Canyon with bunk beds. This would normally be a Woods View room, but with only Standard and Courtyard views bookable we got it with the Standard reservation. The view wasn't quite as nice as it is from the Standard view rooms down the hall, but only because trees blocked the MK fireworks. We loved having a room that opened to the lobby, it just makes the walk to and from the room so pretty. What the recent renovations did was add Geyser Point (which is beautiful and has nice food), add the bigger Boulder Ridge Cove pool, and add an outside seating area for Roaring Fork.
We absolutely love WL and can't wait to go back.

Appreciate any comments!

The std view rooms can be great! We stayed in room 4026 in February and had an awesome view of MK and the fireworks. The rooms were renovated on late 2014, I believe, and they've been fine for us. I actually think the std view rooms get more sun than the courtyard view, and hence feel lighter, but that could be my imagination. At any rate, request an upper floor (4th floor and above) and you have a pretty good chance of a fireworks view. Mid-wing rooms seem to have the best view.

Is there a place to see fireworks from the property if we get a room with no view of anything?

This is a deluxe resort and the rooms are lovely. They have all the amenities that the other deluxe resorts have, so I'm not sure what you mean by "basic". In fact, while the other deluxe resorts are redecorating their rooms so that they lack character, the WL rooms still look special. You will find that there is a lot of love for Wilderness Lodge. :)

Is there a place to see fireworks from the property if we get a room with no view of anything?
You will be able to see fireworks from the hall windows that are located near the north wing elevators. You can see fireworks from the shore near Geyser Point. They also pipe in the music there. :) You'll also be able to see the Electric Water Parade from there. :)

Last edited:

It's all relative. I've stayed at WL, GF, CR and most recently Boulder Ridge. They all have their plusses and minuses. The GF rooms are bigger, the restroom is layed out differently so it seems bigger and you get cute little chocolates on your pillow at night. That said, the WL rooms are beautiful, beds are comfortable, I've never had a bad view and I've always had great mousekeeping. I personally prefer the rustic WL theming and resort layout. Remember, the comparison is between Disney Deluxe Resorts; you're not going to have a bad room. It all just depends on your personal preference.

Wilderness Lodge is so beautiful. It's our favorite resort on property. We are in the process of purchasing a resale DVC contract there.

Wilderness Lodge is so beautiful. It's our favorite resort on property. We are in the process of purchasing a resale DVC contract there.

Congrats!! I completely agree!! We are actually in the process of buying into DVC at WL as well!! We are supposed to close Next Week!!!! I can't imagine calling any other resort 'Home'. :cloud9: Good luck to you!!! :flower3:

We will be at this resort Halloween. Does anyone know if there are activities that day? We won't be at the Magic kingdom party so want to see if there are other Halloween things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!