Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are scheduled to arrive the 21st. Doing my room requests now. A couple of questions. Are the Standard Deluxe Club level rooms also known as the Junior Suites at the ends of the hallways or are there other Standard Deluxe CL rooms? Which floor has the dormer balconies? For a regular standard room would this be an acceptable request:
5th floor
Closest to boat dock
No connecting room

TIA for any replies

We are scheduled to arrive the 21st. Doing my room requests now. A couple of questions. Are the Standard Deluxe Club level rooms also known as the Junior Suites at the ends of the hallways or are there other Standard Deluxe CL rooms? Which floor has the dormer balconies? For a regular standard room would this be an acceptable request:
5th floor
Closest to boat dock
No connecting room

TIA for any replies

The Club Level Deluxe rooms are the ones at the end of the North wing (rooms x000 and x003, where x is the floor number, 1 through 6). These rooms all have club level access, but are not located on the 7th floor. The club level rooms on the 7th floor in the North Wing consist of standard rooms and a larger suite.

The top floor in any section of the resort has the Dormer balconies, so that is the entire 7th floor, and the 6th floor with room numbers lower than 6034. Your 5th floor request looks good. You will have a longer walk to the lobby, and might hear some boat noise (like horns as they leave the dock) but it should be nice. There really isn't a bad room at WL. Congratulations and enjoy your trip!

I've seen conflicting information regarding the studio units at the resort (for DVC rental). As we have 5 people, the size of the pull out sleeper makes a bit of a difference... is the pull out queen or double size? Thanks!

The pullout bed is small, best for a young adult under 6” tall in my opinion. We have slept 5 adults in the studio before. As long as you aren’t spending a whole lot of time in the room it is fine. Once you open the sofa bed there is not much floor space remaining. The sofa bed will comfortably enough sleep two adults.

I think OP is asking about the pullout sofa bed and not the pull down bed. I want to say both beds are queens but I’m not 100% certain.

I see that Roaring Forks has chicken nuggets on the menu for kids only. Will they allow you to order an adult size chicken nugget meal?

Yes, adults are free to order off the children’s menu.

Didn't realize until now that the online menu doesn't show this, but Western Nuggets were on the menu in Roaring Fork 3 weeks ago. They are an adult portion of the same chicken nuggets tossed in bbq with slaw and fries or tots ($10.49). We ordered twice without the sauce toss and with extra tots instead of slaw. Hope this helps!

Didn't realize until now that the online menu doesn't show this, but Western Nuggets were on the menu in Roaring Fork 3 weeks ago. They are an adult portion of the same chicken nuggets tossed in bbq with slaw and fries or tots ($10.49). We ordered twice without the sauce toss and with extra tots instead of slaw. Hope this helps!

That helps very much.:thanks:

53 days until my return trip and staying in a 1BD DVC BR unit. Any suggestions for room request. It will be 3 adults running races over the weekend so not much needed except for quiet and maybe close to transportation. I have Touring Plans so want to use their fax system. Any help is appreciated!

I'm toying with the idea of WL for a future trip, but I have a few questions for the experts. I've stayed there once, but it was over 20 years ago when I was 12 (my very first Disney trip).

How is the pool? For those who have stayed at both WL and AKL, how does the pool and slide compare?

Do the rooms and lobby look as worn/outdated in person as they do in pictures?

Does the room safe lock with a key or keypad?

I know experiences can vary greatly, but for those who have stayed at both, does the bus service typically seem as bad as AKL?
The safe has a key

Excited to have just booked WL - standard view for August 23 - 30, 3018! This will be our 1st time staying here! Please add us to the Log! : ) Got a great deal for mom & I! Any tips on room location for standard view would be great!

Congratulations on booking your first stay, @ah10is:)

I'm excited to say that we are going to be having our first stay at Wilderness Lodge 8/19-8/26! Two standard view rooms. We are hoping for connecting or adjoining. Can anyone recommend a room # for us with a good view?

Another first stay YAY! I'll log your dates, @FancyNancy :)

So excited, just booked WL for 8/19-8/24, as first leg of a split stay-- our first time back at WDW in 14 YEARS and first trip ever for our kids!

Another standard view room request question- TA indicated that bunk beds was a room request we could make, and I've also seen the frequent recommendations here for an upper level room request for a chance at fireworks view. Is prioritizing room requests a thing? I'd rather request just the upper level if the bunk bed request has any chance of being recognized over the upper level. I realize that requests are not guaranteed.

Thanks!

Happy first Kids' Trip, @nikmasteed!

Sue M 8/27 - 9/10 WL

YIPPEE! I'll add your dates, @Sue M.

Well, all I can say is we got awesomely lucky with our room..

No planning or requests, just checked in a took whatever they gave us.

Thanks for posting your video, @Cayaco. I'm going to add it to the ROOM chapter :)

We made our reservations for our return to WL this week! We will be in a Copper Creek 2 bedroom from September 6-12, 2018 and in a Cabin from September 12th-15th. We are all super excited to be returning to WL for many years to come. :jumping1:

Congratulations on your recent purchase and booking, @GrandCalifornian. So happy for you and your wonderful WL family!

Congratulations on your recent purchase and booking, @GrandCalifornian. So happy for you and your wonderful WL family!
Thanks! We found our favorite resort, and are super excited that we get to keep coming back, and get to stay in the main building. Trying the cabin the first time will be fun too. Allie will miss having the chance at getting bunk beds, but being there every year should help get over it.

I know they decorated Boardwalk last night.
Just wondering if WL is decorated also. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter