Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we are here now at this resort. The view from our room is pretty phenomenal, the castle is right there, Space Mountain, and The Contemporary. Fireworks couldn't be any more visible. Looking down we have a nice view of the loading docks and transformers, so that's a bit different, but the nights make up for it on the balcony. You can even hear bits and pieces of the music.

So far my one complaint is that you can hear everyone flushing their toilets. Don't know if that's how it is everywhere in the different buildings, but in this room it sure is. Flushing all day and night, all the rooms around and above. Bring ear plugs.

Went on the jogging path to Ft. Wilderness this morning. Was 3.5 mile loop. Was a very nice run.

Do you remember your room number? Been looking at Touring Plans views for friends going next month to request - sounds like some I was looking at around 6042 area.

fnloOtt7WAxQs2t0WNPpqasGYVdNNMfKYJUjPk-AFK-YvgHCYwV--RYmKL0-rzLHCsyZPImTkUNCp5vof-1MoTcJGpTscrmqORqjCUvns9ooGCqPHsKQ5sELfpfgGGUtZnFNL9be

This was the view from our room last week! Room 6004! Our family had the room next door (6006) and it had an ok view, the tree kinda blocked the castle.

We had lunch at Geyser Point today, our favorite resort bar. :) There is now a new procedure when dining at Geyser Point. They seat you at the table rather than let you sit anywhere you want. They told us that they switched to this system because of the popularity of the restaurant. The CM said that it is now one of the top ten Disney lounges. The other change is that they will give you the passholder discount when the server takes your food order. You no longer have to order the food at the counter in order to get the discount. That was a nice improvement. But they still don't take Tables in Wonderland.

We also walked from Wilderness Lodge over to Fort Wilderness. The nature trail through the woods that began near the last cabin, the one closest to FW, is now gated off. The paved path is still open, though.

WL nature trail.jpg

WL trail sign.jpg

Last edited:

We had lunch at Geyser Point today, our favorite resort bar. :) There is now a new procedure when dining at Geyser Point. They seat you at the table rather than let you sit anywhere you want. They told us that they switched to this system because of the popularity of the restaurant. The CM said that it is now one of the top ten Disney lounges. The other change is that they will give you the passholder discount when the server takes your food order. You no longer have to order the food at the counter in order to get the discount. That was a nice improvement. But they still don't take Tables in Wonderland.

We also walked from Wilderness Lodge over to Fort Wilderness. The nature trail through the woods that began near the last cabin, the one closest to FW, is now gated off. The paved path is still open, though.

View attachment 285249

View attachment 285250
Thanks for the update-we were just at Geyser Point last month and still self seating . It's still our favorite new place! How long is the walk from WL to FW? We're thinking of doing this when we stay at BRV in January.

View attachment 285249

View attachment 285250
Oh that’s too bad. The Nature Trail ( unpaved one along lakeshore) is my fav. I’ve never done the paved one.

We are headed back to the lodge in two days! This is a multigenerational trip with 14 of us total, so we rented points and are staying 5 nights at Boulder Ridge in four separate studios. Due to flights my family tacked an extra day on to the front and back of our trip, necessitating three-way split stay. The pickings were slim so I have been stalking the site for months, changing resorts every time a better pass holder room became available. First I was able to change our final night from Pop to Copper creek! Can't wait to try a new room (and not lug around our luggage!). Then last night, three days before check in, a passholder room popped up for Wilderness Lodge, so we changed from Boardwalk. So now in one trip we are staying at Wilderness Lodge, Boulder Ridge, and Copper Creek! Yippee!

Staying at Boulder Ridge in 2 weeks. Can someone tell me what kind of coffee maker is in the studios so that we can bring our own.

Thanks!
They have a Mr, Coffee type coffee maker with a basket filter. Studios usually have a four cup pot while the villas have a ten cup pot. But I've heard of studios that had a ten cup pot.

Questions:
We are staying in a deluxe studio at Copper Creek in a few weeks.
What are the view options?
Any better than other?
Best floor?
Are the hallways extremely long like st AKL?

More questions:
Can we use the Minnie vans from WL?
What items are in a deluxe studio? Like paper towels?
Dish soap? Plates? Etc.

Questions:
We are staying in a deluxe studio at Copper Creek in a few weeks.
What are the view options?
Any better than other?
Best floor?
Are the hallways extremely long like st AKL?

I can answer some of your questions.

Views are going to be either of the main pool courtyard or of the Boulder Ridge pool. Personally, I'd ask for main courtyard view because I like listening to the waterfall. A bear faced room will look straight out to Bay Lake and may be nice too, and will open on to the lobby. There are also other rooms that open to the lobby, but I'm not sure how they configured those for CCV, so not sure if they are studios, one beds, or 2 beds.

I'd also personally request floor 4 or higher, but we like higher floors. Be aware that most of the sixth floor will have enclosed balconies.

The hallway (only really one for CCV), is not that long. Definitely not as long as the hallways at AKL. You will literally be within just a couple of minutes of everything. It's one of the great things about WL.

I am trying to decide whether to rent a stroller from Kingdom strollers or use in park Disney strollers for my 5 year old son. How far is the walk from the buses/boat to the farthest room in the main lodge? I am worried that after arriving back at the lodge after seeing the night time shows that he will be tired and not want to walk back to the room. But i'm not sure how far it would be; if its a really short walk than maybe he can handle it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter