Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks! trying to decide to keep the free DME or a quicker towncar.
I like DME. The best thing is you don’t have to go pick up your luggage. It magically appears in your room. And it’s free. Sort of. I’m sure price is built into resort cost. I rarely use it because most trips I fly into Ft Lauderdale first for a week or so, then drive up to WDW. But the times I’ve used DME to WDW it’s been pretty efficient. I always use it going home.

I like DME. The best thing is you don’t have to go pick up your luggage. It magically appears in your room. And it’s free. Sort of. I’m sure price is built into resort cost. I rarely use it because most trips I fly into Ft Lauderdale first for a week or so, then drive up to WDW. But the times I’ve used DME to WDW it’s been pretty efficient. I always use it going home.
we have used to exclusively too, just wondering if all the mk resorts are lumped together it could be a long ride for all the drop offs depending where wl is in the mix. Then I get super bus sick.

we have used to exclusively too, just wondering if all the mk resorts are lumped together it could be a long ride for all the drop offs depending where wl is in the mix. Then I get super bus sick.

I don't think so, it probably just depends on time of day and how many are in line. When we went to WL last June the bus wasn't even remotely full but WL was last. Most people got off at Contemporary, a couple at Ft Wilderness, and the two of us at WL.

The one time we stayed at WL, it was a long ride on DME with stops at all the MK resorts including Poly, Contemporary and Grand Floridian. WL was last. I think we may have even stopped at the campground. I'm sure it varies depending on the day.

Add us to the list... We officially switch to WL for our 12/1-12/9 trip! Quick Question, is Geyser Point a QS location, where we could use our QS meals on the DP? Also, mug refills can be done at Roaring forks and Geyser point, correct? Thanks so much!

Can I park my car at my cabin in the fort wilderness campground and how much does it cost to rent a 6 person golf cart ??

Thanks !!
So very sorry it turned out to be the wrong place to ask this question. Every time I did a search on “fort wilderness campground” it came up with this thread.

We used DME for Poly, we were first drop off. Only 5 families on bus. We used it for WL too, I can’t remover what drop off we were, so it couldn’t have been too bad. Poly, GF, CR & WL usually share DME.
I sit in front of the bus to avoid feeling sick.
I don’t think there is a set order of drop off.

We used DME for Poly, we were first drop off. Only 5 families on bus. We used it for WL too, I can’t remover what drop off we were, so it couldn’t have been too bad. Poly, GF, CR & WL usually share DME.
I sit in front of the bus to avoid feeling sick.
I don’t think there is a set order of drop off.

I just saw something on another site that stated that DME bus drivers can decide the order of drop off in most cases. You might make request due to your problem with getting "bus sick".

I just saw something on another site that stated that DME bus drivers can decide the order of drop off in most cases. You might make request due to your problem with getting "bus sick".
I would never ask , I know that the order can vary daily with dme. Just was wondering if the mk were clumped together just 2-3 or all of them. I try to sit as close to front as possible. Last year I got on the bus and the driver had those reserved papers on the 4 front seats , he wouldnt let me sit there. No one else ended up needing the seats either which stunk, so we chose the next available seating. Love DME because its free and a reliable way to get to and from but thinking of going the towncar route this year due to the many resorts clumped in that area. Thanks for the responses everyone!!

Does anyone know if they will let you have add a cot to the cabin?? Not so that you exceed the number of guests but so that one of the young kids can sleep in one of the bedrooms with their parents? OR is it possible to move the sleeper chair into one of the bedrooms?
And does anyone know where the murphy bed is located in the cabin?
DVC resorts will not add cots. You are not supposed to move the furniture in DVC resorts because it causes damage to the floors and walls. That sleeper chair is really heavy and wide. The murphy bed is in the second bedroom with the queen sized bed.

Sadly, no. . .there is no more beach. Geyser Point now sits where a majority of the beach used to be. There is a little bit of artificial turf just off the corner of the building where Reunion Station is located--that was the spot on the beach where I first met my wife. Sigh. As for the campfire, I believe I've read reports that the campfire is still going on--they put in a new fire pit near the main entrance to GP which is now used.

There is indeed a campfire ! We did it during our unseasonably cold CCV stay in december. The campfire "pit" is located near Geyser Point. Marshmallows (Kraft Jet Puffed) and wodden roasting sticks were free.

SW

I would never ask , I know that the order can vary daily with dme. Just was wondering if the mk were clumped together just 2-3 or all of them. I try to sit as close to front as possible. Last year I got on the bus and the driver had those reserved papers on the 4 front seats , he wouldnt let me sit there. No one else ended up needing the seats either which stunk, so we chose the next available seating. Love DME because its free and a reliable way to get to and from but thinking of going the towncar route this year due to the many resorts clumped in that area. Thanks for the responses everyone!!
Good luck what ever you choose. With DME you never know how fast it will go. My experience has been good. Have you tried taking the non drowsy motion sickness pills? Or ginger?
Those bus drivers, ugh. If a disabled Person doesn’t need those seats you have every right to them. I’d be telling the driver, fine- you can clean up after I get sick!

Good luck what ever you choose. With DME you never know how fast it will go. My experience has been good. Have you tried taking the non drowsy motion sickness pills? Or ginger?
Those bus drivers, ugh. If a disabled Person doesn’t need those seats you have every right to them. I’d be telling the driver, fine- you can clean up after I get sick!
I do take Bonine at our home airport... 2 tablets for the flight and it works but after landing and getting on the ME bus it starts to act up, and yes our older son years back did barf on DME too, its in the family :( We loved the POP stays because we were first off and on way back we were last pick up. Seemed like a shorter ride from there. But since then we have been DVC studios yearly. One year at BCV we got off at BW and walked because we knew it was stopping at YC then BC. I LOVE free and dont want to seem like a complainer, but it may be time to suck it up and pay for a alternate ride. THANKS ALL!!!!!

I do take Bonine at our home airport... 2 tablets for the flight and it works but after landing and getting on the ME bus it starts to act up, and yes our older son years back did barf on DME too, its in the family :( We loved the POP stays because we were first off and on way back we were last pick up. Seemed like a shorter ride from there. But since then we have been DVC studios yearly. One year at BCV we got off at BW and walked because we knew it was stopping at YC then BC. I LOVE free and dont want to seem like a complainer, but it may be time to suck it up and pay for a alternate ride. THANKS ALL!!!!!
I love Bonnie. Can’t get it in Canada so I stock up when I’m in the US. I make sure I remember to take it on DHS day for RCnR coaster lol.
I feel your pain, I can’t sit in the back seat of a car for long trips.

We will be staying in a standard view room for our upcoming stay at Wilderness Lodge.
What should I put on my room request?
I'd kind of like something with a view of the fireworks ...

Was wondering if you can add me to the list of future visits...
Will be staying CCV 7/27-7/31 & Poly till 8/4 Thank you..

Also for the villas in a studio....Whats a normal/frequent request that most ask for? I didn't know what to put down when we reserved the room? T.I.A. DizDad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter