Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
we will be there the same time! You can refill at both roaring fork and geyser point. And Geyser point is QS and you can use DP at the window, but I am not positive about if you choose to be seated and order from the menu!

We were there at the beginning of the month and were told that if we wanted to sit and eat in the lounge area we could not use our QS credits.

My mom and I just returned from another wonderful week at WL last night. Our room was perfect. It was a courtyard view - room 6035. We had a great view of the lake, and I watched the Electrical Water Pageant from our room almost every night :)

I wanted to share our experience with the new housekeeping/security procedure. It wasn't an issue for us most of the trip because we were gone about 12 hours most days, so housekeeping cleaned our room while we were gone. But on Saturday my mom wasn't feeling well, so she spent most of the day in the room. I put the room occupied sign up when I left in the morning. She did join me for lunch in MK, and she took the sign off the door when she left. She was gone for two hours and we were hoping housekeeping would stop by while she was gone but they didn't. A couple hours after she got back, a man came to the door and asked if she needed anything from housekeeping. She asked for towels and soap, and he brought them and then left. A couple minutes later a woman knocked on the door and asked if she needed housekeeping, and my mom said no and told her she wasn't feeling well. A little later she got a phone call from the housekeeping supervisor, who said she just needed to come in and check the room. The supervisor came up, took a quick look around the room, and then left. My mom said she was very nice and it wasn't really a big deal.

I can definitely see how this would be more of a problem for other families, but it really didn't affect us too much.

We have an upcoming trip in February (6-10th) and are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I have seen on a few websites that the copper creek pool will be closed for refurbishments starting mid-February. Does anyone know what these dates specifically are? Sorry if this has already been discussed. My kids are hoping to be able to swim while we are there (pending weather). I know the other pool will still be available at this time but still curious.

We have an upcoming trip in February (6-10th) and are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I have seen on a few websites that the copper creek pool will be closed for refurbishments starting mid-February. Does anyone know what these dates specifically are? Sorry if this has already been discussed. My kids are hoping to be able to swim while we are there (pending weather). I know the other pool will still be available at this time but still curious.
Staying at WL those same dates and haven't seen this rumor. Hoping it's not true!

Hi all, I'm planning my first stay ever at Wilderness Lodge in just over 2 weeks! Unfortunately, my stay is only one night, so I want to sample as many of the restaurants as possible. I've eaten twice at Whispering Canyon Cafe and loved it, but since I'll be solo, I'd like to try the other dining options.

Is Geyser Point still serving breakfast? The WDW website lists it opening at 8:00 AM, but the menu is only for lunch & dinner or lounge.

What would be your pick for dinner - Geyser Point, Territory Lounge, or Artist Point? I'm leaning toward Territory Lounge.

Hi all, I'm planning my first stay ever at Wilderness Lodge in just over 2 weeks! Unfortunately, my stay is only one night, so I want to sample as many of the restaurants as possible. I've eaten twice at Whispering Canyon Cafe and loved it, but since I'll be solo, I'd like to try the other dining options.

Is Geyser Point still serving breakfast? The WDW website lists it opening at 8:00 AM, but the menu is only for lunch & dinner or lounge.

What would be your pick for dinner - Geyser Point, Territory Lounge, or Artist Point? I'm leaning toward Territory Lounge.
Territory Lounge is #1 on our list for our upcoming stay! But you could always do a drink and an app at both TL and GP to experience both?

@dreamseeker9 GP was a great place to dine when it first opened. It served two versions of eggs benedict and both were quite nicely done. Then, those went away along with a couple of other items and replaced by uninspired fare. Now, it appears there is no breakfast based on the Disney website. Moreover, GP had a good lunch/dinner menu with a superb salmon BLT and tasty fried oysters among other items. Both of those are now gone, as well, as is my interest in dining there any longer, especially given that you now have to wait to be seated.

TL is a good spot, but they recently announced they are no longer serving items off the AP menu. Instead, they have their own bar/lounge menu that is smaller than it once was. I've not eaten there since, but I wouldn't go expecting to get the same dishes as before the change.

If you've not dined at AP, that would be my recommendation. Quiet, good service, excellent food, and a hidden gem among Signatures.

Just booked a trip for Nov to stay here for the first time. I am excited. Going for Club Level to get the 3 additional FP. Have always wanted to stay here. Following along for tips

Edited - Switched to Animal Kingdom for a little more with Savannah View.

Last edited:
Any info on when they announced this? Online menu still looks good with 12 or so small plate options and two desserts. Was really looking forward to checking it out since we can't do AP this trip.

Oh no please tell me this is not true! I thought we were safe since they just did work recently?

ETA: I too just found it on a couple of sites including wdwinfo. Says closed mid Feb to late Feb.

Last edited:

Oh, THAT was quick....

The new pool was JUST finished, about 6 months ago. Guessing they screwed it up? Sure this isn't the MAIN pool?

@dreamseeker9 GP was a great place to dine when it first opened. It served two versions of eggs benedict and both were quite nicely done. Then, those went away along with a couple of other items and replaced by uninspired fare. Now, it appears there is no breakfast based on the Disney website. Moreover, GP had a good lunch/dinner menu with a superb salmon BLT and tasty fried oysters among other items. Both of those are now gone, as well, as is my interest in dining there any longer, especially given that you now have to wait to be seated.

TL is a good spot, but they recently announced they are no longer serving items off the AP menu. Instead, they have their own bar/lounge menu that is smaller than it once was. I've not eaten there since, but I wouldn't go expecting to get the same dishes as before the change.

If you've not dined at AP, that would be my recommendation. Quiet, good service, excellent food, and a hidden gem among Signatures.
Good to know about AP.....Sad to hear about the others though....We've finally got a chance to stay here *( at least at CCV ) & was hoping to enjoy a meal or 3 around the resort, & this is very disturbing to hear.... When do the cutbacks end.:confused3 Or will they ever?

My mom and I just returned from another wonderful week at WL last night. Our room was perfect. It was a courtyard view - room 6035. We had a great view of the lake, and I watched the Electrical Water Pageant from our room almost every night :)

I wanted to share our experience with the new housekeeping/security procedure. It wasn't an issue for us most of the trip because we were gone about 12 hours most days, so housekeeping cleaned our room while we were gone. But on Saturday my mom wasn't feeling well, so she spent most of the day in the room. I put the room occupied sign up when I left in the morning. She did join me for lunch in MK, and she took the sign off the door when she left. She was gone for two hours and we were hoping housekeeping would stop by while she was gone but they didn't. A couple hours after she got back, a man came to the door and asked if she needed anything from housekeeping. She asked for towels and soap, and he brought them and then left. A couple minutes later a woman knocked on the door and asked if she needed housekeeping, and my mom said no and told her she wasn't feeling well. A little later she got a phone call from the housekeeping supervisor, who said she just needed to come in and check the room. The supervisor came up, took a quick look around the room, and then left. My mom said she was very nice and it wasn't really a big deal.

I can definitely see how this would be more of a problem for other families, but it really didn't affect us too much.
Glad you had a nice stay. But 3 interruptions by housekeeping? You’d think the first would be enough. And she got towels, etc. Why the constant barrage? Esp when a person isn’t feeling well.

I’ve been reading about other hotel chains stepping up their security. One chain, Hilton? Now has a policy to check on you if you have the DND sign on your door 48 hrs. But not this constant daily harassment by Disney.

Good to know about AP.....Sad to hear about the others though....We've finally got a chance to stay here *( at least at CCV ) & was hoping to enjoy a meal or 3 around the resort, & this is very disturbing to hear.... When do the cutbacks end.:confused3 Or will they ever?

I was also disappointed to learn this too! I had wanted to try Geyser Point for breakfast this summer when we stay there but it seems like they don't serve it anymore?? Also, it seems like some of the choices at Roaring Fork have also been scaled back/changed from what they were a few months ago....

I enjoy Disney; it has a very special place in my heart and my wife's since it's where we first met, kissed--and we got married there (at the Lodge, actually). That being said, Disney has been on a satisfy the major shareholders binge for a decade or more. The cutbacks won't end as they're constantly searching for a way to cut personnel costs, operating costs, and the like. Fewer street performers. Smaller portions and reduced menus. Cutback on services. Cutting corners when they can. It all adds up. On top of that, Disney is hyping all the added PAID services and events. Disney is more about the $$ now than they once were, or at least they're much more obvious about it now. We enjoy AP because it has largely remained a jewel. As with all restaurants, especially Signatures, prices have jumped; however, the service, ambiance, and experience are still consistently excellent. We'll continue to patronize them, and we'll ignore RF.

I was also disappointed to learn this too! I had wanted to try Geyser Point for breakfast this summer when we stay there but it seems like they don't serve it anymore?? Also, it seems like some of the choices at Roaring Fork have also been scaled back/changed from what they were a few months ago....
RF is the biggest disappointment. It used to have solid to good sandwiches and hot meals, and the Mickey waffles were always fresh, made-to-order. We were excited when they reopened since our source of the freshest Mickey waffles on property would be available again. Dashed hope. And those wonderful toppings? Gone. Service slow. You don't read a lot of positive reviews of RF anymore. As much as we hated losing a lot of the wilderness aspect of WL due to the new cabins, GP, et.al., we thought that adding GP and upgrading RF would make WL seem more of an actual Deluxe resort. Well, RF has regressed. GP started well but has been scaled back. If it turns out that GP no longer offers breakfast, then that certainly takes WL down a notch--one place for breakfast and it's subpar? One can only hope that these are but temporary setbacks, but I'm not optimistic. . .

RF is the biggest disappointment. It used to have solid to good sandwiches and hot meals, and the Mickey waffles were always fresh, made-to-order. We were excited when they reopened since our source of the freshest Mickey waffles on property would be available again. Dashed hope. And those wonderful toppings? Gone. Service slow. You don't read a lot of positive reviews of RF anymore. As much as we hated losing a lot of the wilderness aspect of WL due to the new cabins, GP, et.al., we thought that adding GP and upgrading RF would make WL seem more of an actual Deluxe resort. Well, RF has regressed. GP started well but has been scaled back. If it turns out that GP no longer offers breakfast, then that certainly takes WL down a notch--one place for breakfast and it's subpar? One can only hope that these are but temporary setbacks, but I'm not optimistic. . .
Sad to hear that. I always enjoyed RF. We’ve had 3 wonderful stays at WL but our last one was 2012, and we are looking forward to returning. I knew things would be different with DVC seemingly taken over most of the resort, beach gone, nature path closed, but RF :sad:

Question! We have booked a 2br in BR for 6 nights in June - what is the difference between a dedicated 2 br and a 2 br lock-off? Is one better/worse than the other? Are the 2 br rooms located on both the lake side and the woods side??

I'm just thinking about room location options or do I really have any??

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts