Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question! We have booked a 2br in BR for 6 nights in June - what is the difference between a dedicated 2 br and a 2 br lock-off? Is one better/worse than the other? Are the 2 br rooms located on both the lake side and the woods side??

I'm just thinking about room location options or do I really have any??

thanks!
I don't know about the room locations with regards to this but the difference between a dedicated and a lock off is that a lock off is a 1 bedroom plus a studio connected by the adjoining door whereas the dedicated is only one entrance to the villa that has 2 bedrooms (and that can't be separately rented out as 2 different rooms).

I don't know about the room locations with regards to this but the difference between a dedicated and a lock off is that a lock off is a 1 bedroom plus a studio connected by the adjoining door whereas the dedicated is only one entrance to the villa that has 2 bedrooms (and that can't be separately rented out as 2 different rooms).
I will also add that the lock off has the murphy bed under the TV like a studio and the dedicated does not.

Question! We have booked a 2br in BR for 6 nights in June - what is the difference between a dedicated 2 br and a 2 br lock-off? Is one better/worse than the other? Are the 2 br rooms located on both the lake side and the woods side??

I'm just thinking about room location options or do I really have any??

thanks!

The main difference is a Dedicated 2BR will have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. It will have a pull out sleeper sofa in the living area and a king bed in the master bedroom.
A 2BR lockoff will have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa in the second bedroom. If you are booked at BRV it will also have a single murphy bed in the second bedroom but not at CCV. It will have the same sleeper sofa in the living area and king bed in the master bedroom as the dedicated 2BR. The second bedroom will also have a small kitchenette as it actually is a studio.

The main difference is a Dedicated 2BR will have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. It will have a pull out sleeper sofa in the living area and a king bed in the master bedroom.
A 2BR lockoff will have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa in the second bedroom. If you are booked at BRV it will also have a single murphy bed in the second bedroom but not at CCV. It will have the same sleeper sofa in the living area and king bed in the master bedroom as the dedicated 2BR. The second bedroom will also have a small kitchenette as it actually is a studio.

I will also add that the lock off has the murphy bed under the TV like a studio and the dedicated does not.

so with the differences between the rooms, if I booked a 2 br in BR, then I should get a 2 bedroom and not a lock-off, right? I booked a 2 br specifically for the king in 1 room and 2 queens in the other - my boys would not be happy on a murphy bed or having to sleep on a pull out...

thanks!

so with the differences between the rooms, if I booked a 2 br in BR, then I should get a 2 bedroom and not a lock-off, right? I booked a 2 br specifically for the king in 1 room and 2 queens in the other - my boys would not be happy on a murphy bed or having to sleep on a pull out...

thanks!
If you booked with your DVC account with points it would say 2 BR lock off specifically so if it doesn't then it should be a dedicated. The lock offs are the harder ones to come by because they rely on the availability of studios.

If you booked with your DVC account with points it would say 2 BR lock off specifically so if it doesn't then it should be a dedicated. The lock offs are the harder ones to come by because they rely on the availability of studios.

I booked a 2 br thru Disney - I am not a DVC member, I did not buy/rent points through anyone - as others have pointed out I paid for my villa the "most expensive way"! HA! I guess I'm considered a "cash" reservation...right?

I booked a 2 br thru Disney - I am not a DVC member, I did not buy/rent points through anyone - as others have pointed out I paid for my villa the "most expensive way"! HA! I guess I'm considered a "cash" reservation...right?
Yes you would be considered a cash reservation but there are some benefits to that as well. Daily mousekeeping and the ability to cancel (I assume) if your plans change which is not normally available through DVC points as usually cash upfront and no cancellation allowed.

thanks!

Yes, it should be a dedicated 2BR.

RF is the biggest disappointment. It used to have solid to good sandwiches and hot meals, and the Mickey waffles were always fresh, made-to-order. We were excited when they reopened since our source of the freshest Mickey waffles on property would be available again. Dashed hope. And those wonderful toppings? Gone. Service slow. You don't read a lot of positive reviews of RF anymore. As much as we hated losing a lot of the wilderness aspect of WL due to the new cabins, GP, et.al., we thought that adding GP and upgrading RF would make WL seem more of an actual Deluxe resort. Well, RF has regressed. GP started well but has been scaled back. If it turns out that GP no longer offers breakfast, then that certainly takes WL down a notch--one place for breakfast and it's subpar? One can only hope that these are but temporary setbacks, but I'm not optimistic. . .
SO true....It actually is odd that it is so blatantly obvious about their intentions... Like they basically say,"Come to Disney the Happiest Place on Earth", right after we bleed every:teacher: dollar from you..... Ok so maybe not like that but you get the point....And For me as well. I do enjoy WDW, regardless of what's happening, and still do think it is a very good deal, over other vacations.....It's just that years back , it was a tremendous deal over other vacations.....We own DVC so it's not like we are going anywhere, and TBH people still call us crazy because they just don't get it....As long as they keep surprising us with some extra perks (FREE) here and there, then it'll offset some of the pain that we are experiencing while we lose other things..:confused3

@dreamseeker9 GP was a great place to dine when it first opened. It served two versions of eggs benedict and both were quite nicely done. Then, those went away along with a couple of other items and replaced by uninspired fare. Now, it appears there is no breakfast based on the Disney website. Moreover, GP had a good lunch/dinner menu with a superb salmon BLT and tasty fried oysters among other items. Both of those are now gone, as well, as is my interest in dining there any longer, especially given that you now have to wait to be seated.

TL is a good spot, but they recently announced they are no longer serving items off the AP menu. Instead, they have their own bar/lounge menu that is smaller than it once was. I've not eaten there since, but I wouldn't go expecting to get the same dishes as before the change.

If you've not dined at AP, that would be my recommendation. Quiet, good service, excellent food, and a hidden gem among Signatures.

I read such good reviews of GP when it first opened. I listened to a live review podcast from last April, and literally the entire menu now is different. Really disappointing.

The cutback at RF are also quite disappointing. I ate there about 3 years ago and enjoyed my salad (the Wilderness salad maybe?) - very tasty. Now it's all sandwiches and flatbreads, and nothing really out of the ordinary that I could order anywhere.

I was planning to eat breakfast twice at WL, but if GP isn't open for breakfast, I think I'll go somewhere else to eat breakfast on my arrival morning. And I'll look into AP for dinner that evening, with a stop at TL to check it out.

ETA: New as of today on the WDW website for GP - under Breakfast menu, it states "Please visit Geyser Point for today's breakfast selections." Opening time is still 8:00 AM.

I know this has been posted somewhere, maybe in this thread, because I read it a few months ago. Can't find it. So.... Now that CCV is done, what are the different views the studios at BRV have. It used to be pool and woods. Now it's ? and ?. What do the descriptions mean, i.e. is "X-view" really "Port-a-potty view"? Relating the new view names to what they have in Touring Plans would be helpful. Thanks, all. Sorry for the redundancy.

I read such good reviews of GP when it first opened. I listened to a live review podcast from last April, and literally the entire menu now is different. Really disappointing.

The cutback at RF are also quite disappointing. I ate there about 3 years ago and enjoyed my salad (the Wilderness salad maybe?) - very tasty. Now it's all sandwiches and flatbreads, and nothing really out of the ordinary that I could order anywhere.

I was planning to eat breakfast twice at WL, but if GP isn't open for breakfast, I think I'll go somewhere else to eat breakfast on my arrival morning. And I'll look into AP for dinner that evening, with a stop at TL to check it out.

ETA: New as of today on the WDW website for GP - under Breakfast menu, it states "Please visit Geyser Point for today's breakfast selections." Opening time is still 8:00 AM.
Not sure there's much hope for RF though one person who has another social media site that is all about the Lodge says both RF and GP are still "working out the kinks" from the recent opening and refurbishment. I'm skeptical. I see by your update that GP might have something when you go. I'd be interested to see what, though stopping by each day to see what they have doesn't fill me with much hope.

I know this has been posted somewhere, maybe in this thread, because I read it a few months ago. Can't find it. So.... Now that CCV is done, what are the different views the studios at BRV have. It used to be pool and woods. Now it's ? and ?. What do the descriptions mean, i.e. is "X-view" really "Port-a-potty view"? Relating the new view names to what they have in Touring Plans would be helpful. Thanks, all. Sorry for the redundancy.
The rooms at VWL (what they, not I, insist on calling BRV now) are still basically of two sorts: lake view or woods view. However, it's obvious Touring Plans hasn't updated all their photos. If you get an odd-numbered room on a higher floor, say 5533 as listed on TP, you will most definitely be able to see the lake as they took down the majority of the trees. In place of the trees, they put up cabins; however, those are low profile buildings (though they still are buildings in your view). Now, if you're on the lake side in a ground floor room close to the main Lodge, then you'll see either the west entrance to the new pool, the pump house, Geyser Point, and the cabins. If you're farther south down the VWL building, you may be able to see some of the lake beyond the cabins which would be the only structures in your way. The pictures TP has of 1503, 1509, and many others are totally out of date, too. Most of the trees and shrubs are gone, and the walking path is really just a sidewalk. Of course, the fencing hiding construction is gone since everything is now complete. Those odd-numbered bottom floor rooms will definitely see a lot of foot traffic, so keeping your blinds closed will be necessary if you want privacy.

As for the even-numbered rooms, they are still largely as pictured. You look out onto woods which can be very relaxing if a bit boring for some. All you will see is woods, the occasional electrical access area, and even perhaps the area where the CMs stage some of their dirty towel and linens carts. None of it is terribly intrusive. That is also the bus side but as a general rule you can't see the buses (too many trees) and the noise from them ranges from muffled to non-existent, again thanks to the trees. You will feel more secluded on the woods, or even-numbered rooms, side of the old VWL (new BRV) building. I'm unaware of any porta-potty views now that construction is done; however, there are a few rooms on the lake side that are down at the very end of the building which we call the "dumpster view." You can also now see the parking lot for the Copper Creek cabins on that end, as well. Still, they aren't awful views.

Hopefully, this has been helpful.

We are staying in a standard view room (main lodge).
Which floors have the open balconies? I can't seem to find clear info. My son is little so I would prefer open so that he can see out.
thanks! and sorry for all the annoying questions!

We are staying in a standard view room (main lodge).
Which floors have the open balconies? I can't seem to find clear info. My son is little so I would prefer open so that he can see out.
thanks! and sorry for all the annoying questions!
Rooms on the 1st through 5th floors have regular (open) balconies. The sixth floor rooms in the lobby section have open balconies but the sixth floor rooms in the wing closest to the boat dock have dormer (enclosed) balconies. Just ask for 5th floor or lower and you should be fine. :)

How do we get to the Poly for our 'Ohana breakfast?

NM: I think i found the answer...boat to mk, then boat to the Poly

Last edited:
Soap dispensers? Anyone hear if they are now going to be installed in any deluxe resorts too? Reported they are being installed in tub enclosure at PoP. Shampoo, conditioner & shower gel. I really hope not.

Soap dispensers? Anyone hear if they are now going to be installed in any deluxe resorts too? Reported they are being installed in tub enclosure at PoP. Shampoo, conditioner & shower gel. I really hope not.

I had thought they were letting that idea go? Issues with soap shenanigans happening in some very unpleasant ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!