Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your help. I have a choice between BLT and CCV and I'm pretty sure I will go with CCV.

Hey guys! My husband and I just got back from a last minute adult trip at POR, and we booked a bounceback at WL for May. We have two boys, 8 and 3. The 8 year old has some issues that mean he needs his own bed, and our 3 year old refuses to sleep anywhere but a crib. We are planning to rent a crib, but my question is, has anyone had success fitting a full sized crib in a WL standard room? Previously we have had them in Poly villas and YC, but this seems like it will be much tighter... Thanks for any help!

Hey guys! My husband and I just got back from a last minute adult trip at POR, and we booked a bounceback at WL for May. We have two boys, 8 and 3. The 8 year old has some issues that mean he needs his own bed, and our 3 year old refuses to sleep anywhere but a crib. We are planning to rent a crib, but my question is, has anyone had success fitting a full sized crib in a WL standard room? Previously we have had them in Poly villas and YC, but this seems like it will be much tighter... Thanks for any help!

We rented a crib for our then-18 month old in a standard WL room (2 queen beds).

What we did was move the desk and chairs to the other side of the TV and put the crib where the desk had been and it fit great there. We only have one child, so we didn’t use the other bed, but we went back and forth onto the balcony after we put our son to bed and didn’t have any trouble maneuvering around the crib.

We rented a crib for our then-18 month old in a standard WL room (2 queen beds).

What we did was move the desk and chairs to the other side of the TV and put the crib where the desk had been and it fit great there. We only have one child, so we didn’t use the other bed, but we went back and forth onto the balcony after we put our son to bed and didn’t have any trouble maneuvering around the crib.
Thank you so much for your reply! That is very helpful. I wasn't sure you could move the table and chairs because of the outlets over there, but we always travel with plug covers anyway.

Question about Deluxe Rooms at WL.

I assumed that because of the odd shape of these rooms, all the Deluxe Rooms were located at the very end of the wing, facing the lake. But the description for these rooms on the WDW website says “Views of Bay Lake, Woodlands or Interior Courtyard“

Interior courtyard view? Are there some rooms located closer to the lobby in this category? Has anyone stayed in a Deluxe Room with an interior courtyard view?

Very curious where they are located, if they are there at all!

I assumed that because of the odd shape of these rooms, all the Deluxe Rooms were located at the very end of the wing, facing the lake. But the description for these rooms on the WDW website says “Views of Bay Lake, Woodlands or Interior Courtyard“

Interior courtyard view? Are there some rooms located closer to the lobby in this category? Has anyone stayed in a Deluxe Room with an interior courtyard view?

Given that the entire south wing of the main Lodge was renovated, you'll find rooms that face the main pool (Interior Courtyard), the new pool/Geyser Point (Woodlands), or have views of Bay Lake (though a number of others not in that category will still have potential glimpses of the lake, too). :thumbsup2

There used to be Deluxe rooms in the middle of the South Wing, at the first turn in the wing near the elevators before it was converted to CCV. Each floor of the South Wing had 1 mid wing Deluxe room and two on the ends, but now all that remains are the two on the end of the North Wing.

Interestingly, this led to the creation of "Alternate Studios" in CCV where these Deluxe Rooms were located. They have a different layout, and more of a separate bedroom area despite being studio Villas.

Given that the entire south wing of the main Lodge was renovated, you'll find rooms that face the main pool (Interior Courtyard), the new pool/Geyser Point (Woodlands), or have views of Bay Lake (though a number of others not in that category will still have potential glimpses of the lake, too). :thumbsup2

There used to be Deluxe rooms in the middle of the South Wing, at the first turn in the wing near the elevators before it was converted to CCV. Each floor of the South Wing had 1 mid wing Deluxe room and two on the ends, but now all that remains are the two on the end of the North Wing.

Interestingly, this led to the creation of "Alternate Studios" in CCV where these Deluxe Rooms were located. They have a different layout, and more of a separate bedroom area despite being studio Villas.
Thanks for the responses! I had a hunch that it was CCV, so I appreciate your knowledge on the subject! Thank you both again!

We had the pleasure of staying at CCVWL in a two bedroom villa for three nights and wow, these villas are almost flawless! Ive read some snarky comments about it being too modern or clinical or boring or not themed enough or the layout being weird. Please know these comments are rubbish... unless you have really bad taste that is haha. The space, the decor, the giant jacuzzi tub!, the large balcony and great views. Heavenly. There are two large showers and a bath not to mention 4 vanities so many people can be getting ready at the same time. Beds are so comfortable, the TVs are huge. So much storage space and room to move. We had six people but easily could have had 8. Full size fridge and coffee maker were fantastic. It was like being in a home vs. a hotel room. Really can’t say enough about it and worried we won’t be able to stay anywhere else!

Did it work? Was it detected? Lol
Oh yeah, he got caught!

I, however, came on with a 1 liter water bottle FULL of vodka, had it roll off the security conveyor belt and land at the feet of the officer, who promptly picked it up, handed it to me and wished me a nice evening.

Four years later and dh STILL hasn't forgiven me. :rolleyes1

So glad enjoying an adult beverage on the balcony at WL is far less complicated. :drinking1

Oh yeah, he got caught!

I, however, came on with a 1 liter water bottle FULL of vodka, had it roll off the security conveyor belt and land at the feet of the officer, who promptly picked it up, handed it to me and wished me a nice evening.

Four years later and dh STILL hasn't forgiven me. :rolleyes1

So glad enjoying an adult beverage on the balcony at WL is far less complicated. :drinking1
:laughing: Too funny!

Your question has been answered, but just wanted to add a visual from a prior trip. #1 & #2 are the two Deluxe Rooms on each floor. As others have mentioned, there aren’t any other Deluxe Room locations left after the DVC conversion.

We were in #1 - which had a view of mostly trees/woods. The main balcony faced the lake, but it’s heavily wooded between the end of the building and the lake. There were some very small windows in the bedroom that faced towards the geyser.

Hope that helps!

Deluxe Room Locations.jpeg

Your question has been answered, but just wanted to add a visual from a prior trip. #1 & #2 are the two Deluxe Rooms on each floor. As others have mentioned, there aren’t any other Deluxe Room locations left after the DVC conversion.

We were in #1 - which had a view of mostly trees/woods. The main balcony faced the lake, but it’s heavily wooded between the end of the building and the lake. There were some very small windows in the bedroom that faced towards the geyser.

Hope that helps!

View attachment 302858
Thank you for that, it helps a lot! The only other map I’ve seen that included these rooms was from touring plans, and I don’t think it was to scale. Thanks again! And I’d also like to add to the chorus of well wishes: congratulations on becoming a mod!

We had the pleasure of staying at CCVWL in a two bedroom villa for three nights and wow, these villas are almost flawless! Ive read some snarky comments about it being too modern or clinical or boring or not themed enough or the layout being weird. Please know these comments are rubbish... unless you have really bad taste that is haha. The space, the decor, the giant jacuzzi tub!, the large balcony and great views. Heavenly. There are two large showers and a bath not to mention 4 vanities so many people can be getting ready at the same time. Beds are so comfortable, the TVs are huge. So much storage space and room to move. We had six people but easily could have had 8. Full size fridge and coffee maker were fantastic. It was like being in a home vs. a hotel room. Really can’t say enough about it and worried we won’t be able to stay anywhere else!
Thank you for your review and helped me confirm I would love to stay there in December! Hoping to switch from our home resort SSR to CCV in May!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter